GUILTY MI - Ramsay Scrivo, 32, found dismembered, St Clair County, 27 Jan 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff: 4th Bag Of Possible Human Remains Found Along I-94

A fourth bag of what is believed to be human remains was found early Friday morning. The discovery was made about 12 hours after three other bags of remains were found dumped along a rural road in China Township.

“Sometime after 4 a.m… a commuter saw a bag on the entrance ramp of I-94 from Fred Moore Highway and contacted us, and that’s where we picked up the last bag with evidence it in and we’re still sorting it all out,” Donnellon said.

more

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01...94/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if whoever disposed of the body came from New Baltimore on 94?

On the map, it looked as though the first exit off 94 after leaving the city is right by Fred Moore Highway, where the body was found. A person could then turn around on Allington Road (where body parts where also found) and go back the way they had come?

I've marked Fred Moore (horizontal line) and Allington (vertical) in white, and the approx spot where I believe the body parts where found, with a black cross.

Equally, someone could just have driven straight out of St Claire along Fred Moore to dispose of the body - but that would have been leaving it very close to home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 192

A fourth bag of what is believed to be human remains was found early Friday morning. The discovery was made about 12 hours after three other bags of remains were found dumped along a rural road in China Township.

“Sometime after 4 a.m… a commuter saw a bag on the entrance ramp of I-94 from Fred Moore Highway and contacted us, and that’s where we picked up the last bag with evidence it in and we’re still sorting it all out,” Donnellon said.

more

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01...94/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I promise I had not seen this latest post when I posted my idea about the 94 above!

Stories like this are why bags and boxes on the sides of the road skeeve me out.

Honestly, it's sounding like a totally panic stricken person - or someone off their head - just throwing bags out of a vehicle anywhere they can, without even thinking too much about where they end up or who sees them.

It sounds like with the quantity of bags that it's multiple bodies.

CBS Detroit ‏@CBSDetroit · 2m
UPDATE: Woman who claims her relative found bags of human remains says they saw a head "rolling out" of one bag http://cbsloc.al/1ed6fKd

https://twitter.com/CBSDetroit

I looked at the MLive comments on the article. I know that the comments are "heresay" but the man who commented stated that he knew the family who found the bag with the head that rolled out. He said it was male. MOO

This is what a tan 90s Chevy Blazer might look like, which LE says the woman may have been driving.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 95
Sheriff: Evidence Found Along I-94 Might Be Connected To Bags Of Body Parts

That bag contained clothing and charred paperwork, according to police. Detectives are now checking the contents of the bag to determine any link to the remains, which are believed to be from one person, a white male. An autopsy is scheduled for Friday afternoon at the St. Clair County Medical Examiner’s Office.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01/31/sheriff-4th-bag-of-human-remains-found-along-i-94/

eta, also from the article

Donnellon said investigators are now looking to speak with a middle-aged, heavy-set white woman driving a late 1990s gray or tan sport utility vehicle — perhaps a GMC Jimmy or Chevy Blazer.

So glad this thread was started, I'm local to this and this is SHOCKING!! St. Clair is a beautiful "small town" (I don't know our population, but it's got a small-town feel with only having 2 fast food restaurants and 3 traffic lights) and we don't see this type of crime at all.

I've read some comments under the news articles about the gender and race, but they are not confirmed by LE, so I must consider them as rumor at this point. I wish I could discuss it, but I believe that's off-limits per TOS??

Glad that our local police brought in outside help, I just hope it's enough to catch this monster and to bring some closure to a family who is missing a loved one.

Speaking of a missing person - we don't have any missing people from St. Clair, and these remains were found near the I-94 exit, so I'm assuming it isn't local and someone got off the highway and drove a bit to abandon the bags/parts in the wooded area of our rural "highway".

ETA: I just read the posts that police believe it's a white male (written while I was typing my post, sorry I missed it) ... there goes the rumor I read on one of the news sites that it was a black males head that was found. Just goes to show you can't believe everything a FBer or commenter writes!

Mmmmm. I wonder why someone might need to dispose of paperwork with a body? Divorce/property/business dispute?

How far is this from where Jessica herringa went missing

more

I read the article and don't think the most recent bag found has remains, but may be related to the other bags that had remains...

A bag containing evidence that investigators believe is connected to the human remains was found early Friday morning. The discovery was made about 12 hours after multiple bags of body parts were found dumped along roads in rural China Township.

That bag contained clothing and charred paperwork, according to police. Detectives are now checking the contents of the bag to determine any link to the remains, which are believed to be from one person, a white male.

BBM.

By the way, I posted a comment (can't find it now) on one of the Times Herald articles last night, encouraging a woman to call the police with a tip that she had seen a black trash bag on one of the ramps of 94. I told her that it may not be related, but to call it in and let the police decide. I'm wondering, now, if that was the same person who called in this tip. I'll probably never know, but I'm glad that someone did call in that tip!!

I read the article and don't think the most recent bag found has remains, but may be related to the other bags that had remains...

BBM.

By the way, I posted a comment (can't find it now) on one of the Times Herald articles last night, encouraging a woman to call the police with a tip that she had seen a black trash bag on one of the ramps of 94. I told her that it may not be related, but to call it in and let the police decide. I'm wondering, now, if that was the same person who called in this tip. I'll probably never know, but I'm glad that someone did call in that tip!!

I'm glad you told them they should call in. So many people seem to need a little encouragement to call in a tip. You often see it on FB especially.

Is there a big problem with road conditions in your locality? I can't believe someone's told people to call 911 if they see a pothole. It's all over the news. I don't think LE is very happy about it.

I'm glad you told them they should call in. So many people seem to need a little encouragement to call in a tip. You often see it on FB especially.

Is there a big problem with road conditions in your locality? I can't believe someone's told people to call 911 if they see a pothole. It's all over the news. I don't think LE is very happy about it.

Thanks, zwiebel, I hope it was the woman I encouraged to call in, but I'm not sure. Just surprising that people need to be told to call in tips, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

I hadn't heard about being told to call 911 if we see potholes, but if that's the case, then yes, the lines will be busy - our roads suck (to put it nicely).

I can't remember if Allington is paved or not, but Fred Moore Hwy is. Some of the off-roads of Fred Moore are not paved, but I'm not sure about Allington. Either way, yes, we have tons of potholes, but I'm shocked that we're supposed to call 911 because of them!!! :waitasec: It's not like a pothole is an emergency - why aren't we told to report the potholes to the road commission or something? Weird.

ETA: Just texted my friend who drives much more than I do, and she said that parts of Allington are NOT paved (including the section that meets Fred Moore Hwy) - not sure if any of this makes a difference or not, or how far down Allington the remains were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda