MI MI - Randall Childs, 50, & Karen Young, 51, Detroit, 7 June 2011

According to his Charley Project page, Randall didn’t have access to a car.
He ran after her. I saw rhat, but I can't find any info on her car status. This is honestly a weird one.

At first reading her page you expect that she was a victim of domestic violence. But clearly something else happened here...

Where could they be? What ever are the possibilities if they had no car...

He ran after her. I saw rhat, but I can't find any info on her car status. This is honestly a weird one.

At first reading her page you expect that she was a victim of domestic violence. But clearly something else happened here...

Where could they be? What ever are the possibilities if they had no car...
I wonder if maybe they hitched a ride from someone, either someone at the party or a stranger. The intersection they were near is quite busy, so it’s possible they approached someone for a ride. There also aren’t any lakes or rivers within walking distance, so I doubt they could’ve had a drowning-related accident.
543F0474-0B36-44CF-BF44-E5925C57C390.jpeg

That would be very hard for someone to do. To be able to successfully kill two folks. And if it was more than one, what are the odds two people were in a car and suddenly had the opportunity for a kill like this? Unless they were picked up by folks they knew... but phone records would show if they called anyone to pick them up.

I honestly wonder if they never left the party....

Maybe there was fighting but it was them two vs others? That way if neighbour's say they heard fighting the folks at the party can say it was them two against each other?

That's heartbreaking reading that the sister has visited the morgue several times to find her brother. Thank goodness for DNA and hopefully through diligence of the family and the Wayne County Medical Examiners answers will be forthcoming.
Bumping for a heartbroken sister and their families.

This video made by Crime Stoppers is very helpful—it seems that they were at Randall’s apartment on the 6th floor of the Robert III Apartments with his roommate when they began to fight. Then Karen called someone to pick her up and Randall came with her.

This video made by Crime Stoppers is very helpful—it seems that they were at Randall’s apartment on the 6th floor of the Robert III Apartments with his roommate when they began to fight. Then Karen called someone to pick her up and Randall came with her.
So strange.

If her daughter picked her up, then why is she also missing? I'm guessing they never made it to the car.... there's no confirmation that they left the apartment still. Just a call that she was going to leave. Sounds like they still never left the apartment. The roommate sounds fishy...

Looks like she left her purse upstairs...... that doesn't seem like something you would do if you're heading downstairs for a ride home...

I found this article from 2011 that claims Randall Childs was homeless and was last seen getting into a cab. Homeless man is con.jpg

I can't see her forgetting her purse on the 6th floor.

Which is correct? I thought it was his roommate and him living there. And the daughter picked them up.
That's what I'm wondering as well. Assuming the report is accurate, maybe Randall moved in with this roommate the week before they went missing. I wonder if police ever questioned the roommate.

That's what I'm wondering as well. Assuming the report is accurate, maybe Randall moved in with this roommate the week before they went missing. I wonder if police ever questioned the roommate.
If all of her belongings were there... I truly hope they did. It depends on quickly law enforcement acted. Not many places to dispose of TWO people that quickly when you live on the 6th floor of an apartment.

I hope they checked the garbage chutes and landfills. Poor sister checking the morgue... I agree the roommate needs ro be looked into. THOROUGHLY.

I have been looking into many cases of black individuals with lesser known cases and Michigan has a lot of messy messy cases. Mississippi too (if you can find them)

I sent them a complaint because a few states left out black missing folks ONLY on their state run website. They said they were in the middle of "updating" but who knows.. it's awfully coincidental.

I have been looking into many cases of black individuals with lesser known cases and Michigan has a lot of messy messy cases. Mississippi too (if you can find them)

I sent them a complaint because a few states left out black missing folks ONLY on their state run website. They said they were in the middle of "updating" but who knows.. it's awfully coincidental.
It's awful. So many cases are barely investigated, if at all. I have a feeling the police didn't really spend much time looking into Randall and Karen's disappearance. I wonder if it would be possible to FOIA the initial police report from that night?

It's awful. So many cases are barely investigated, if at all. I have a feeling the police didn't really spend much time looking into Randall and Karen's disappearance. I wonder if it would be possible to FOIA the initial police report from that night?
Alas I'm not American so I can't. If anyone else would be willing that would be

There's so many cases. You should look into the 7+ black girls from 11-17 that went missing within BLOCKS of each other all in a span of 6 months in a single city. Not.a.single.article.

I often wonder if one of those girls is PEACHES or CHERRIES the unidentified LISK victims.

Each namus page is BLANK. I wish there was more I could do to just to get folks to care.

Sorry off topic, rant over.

I truly hope these families and many others find their loved ones.

Alas I'm not American so I can't. If anyone else would be willing that would be

There's so many cases. You should look into the 7+ black girls from 11-17 that went missing within BLOCKS of each other all in a span of 6 months in a single city. Not.a.single.article.

I often wonder if one of those girls is PEACHES or CHERRIES the unidentified LISK victims.

Each namus page is BLANK. I wish there was more I could do to just to get folks to care.

Sorry off topic, rant over.

I truly hope these families and many others find their loved ones.
I'd be happy to do it, I'll request the records today.

ETA: Just sent in the request. Will post here as soon as I get a response.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back