GUILTY MI - Rebekah Gay, 24, Broomfield Township, 31 Oct 2012

I think 45 years is a good sentence, especially since he's not a young man and he is not eligible for good time. As you said, hopefully, Rebekah's family agrees.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.themorningsun.com/articl.../white-sentenced-to-56-to-85-years#full_story

Great article -- judge and mom comments hit home for sure!

(Judge) Chamberlain, who added 10 years to the recommended minimum of 46 years, told White he does not belong in society.

Telling White, 55, that he was being sentenced because of actions that are beyond comprehension, Chamberlain said he sees no reason for White to ever be released from prison.

White chose to take Rebekah from everyone she loved, Sally (Rebekah's mom) said, asking the judge to hand down the maximum possible sentence.

“She was not yours to take,” she said. “How dare you.”

“The loss for this family makes me feel helpless,” Scully (prosecutor) said. “We can’t bring Rebekah back but we can make sure that John White is never able to put anyone else at risk.”

I'm glad the judge added 10 years to the sentence even though the convicted murderer will probably not live that long. It's a good way for the judge to acknowledge the senselessness and utter cruelty of Rebekah's murder. IMO, JMO

An update on this, just posted on the Morning Sun FB page:

Convicted killer John Douglas White, who murdered Isabella County woman Rebekah Gay in Broomfield Township in October, has died in prison. He hung himself.

*Edited to change source

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back