MI MI - Ronald & Christine Jabalee, both 58, New Baltimore, 6 Oct 2006

swanniee, please don't apologize for anything! I bumped it especially so that fresh eyes like yours could take a look at the facts and pics. I can't remember much about it and won't be able to review the thread till tomorrow night. Interesting that the son's gf's name was Rosie. Keep reading and looking! Thanks for checking this thread out! :blowkiss:

Again, I'm just thinking this here. Could the word be something like "stole" or "stolen" with the N washed off. It LOOKS like there was more written under it, and that part of the l got washed off. The message could have been something like "J stole ????" or "J stolen ????" Was there anything missing that was noted -- or that someone would have known was in the garage anyway?

The slippers look to me like perhaps the husband and wife were both in the garage at one point, and she tried to run off and lost her slippers and cookie on the steps. (How do they know she came outside from the house anyway?) Do they know whose blood was on the driveway? Perhaps she was pulled into the garage after she got out and tried to run for help. Left thought to be dead, the killer(s) find her, kill her, and then try to wipe up what wasn't already dried. I think whoever was there was definitely LOOKING for something, but whatever it was either wasn't there or wasn't known by anyone to be there so they aren't noticing it missing. They probably went into the house (it would make no sense for them not to) and came back out through the door.

ETA: what looks like and "e" to some looks to me like a "t" that was written by someone who couldn't write as well as normal (like me with a liquid ball pen or something -- sloppy).

A few more thoughts-I found some of the close up pictures on the AMW website and I think that there is a deliberate 2 scrawled vertically through the other letters-

So Let's say that the letters are:
s
Juie with a 2 scrawled through it. Well I googled Juie and there is actually an artist named Juie Rattley. is there art work missing?

Could it say:
s
Jale with a 2 scrawled over it-are there 2 people recently out of Jail that the poor people know?

I did a review ( some articles/pics) were no longer there so i'm going off of what i did see and comments from those who saw the actual articles. Someone mentioned turning the letters upside down, I tried this and also went backwords ( don't ask why) what it looks like to me is an el125 or el725, or el925. I looked them up and what i came across was el125 Kawasaki, el725 is a keyboard and el925 is a silver collection. Anyway, if anyone knows of antique cars that have those #'s at the end maybe that would be a hint. As for their antique cars, do we know what make/model years theirs were?

Looking at the pic's of the crime scene, it looks like the wife came out the door, knocked over some brown basket/table (not sure what) ran to the bottom of the stairs, dropped the cookie and off came the slippers. It looks like she was murdered at the back of the jeep which to me looks like the 1st car off the stairs. The garage door is open ( someone was dragged) back into the garage that way yet theres blood at the garage side door which appears to be right at the bottom of the stairs next to the open garage door. ( cant figure out why they would try to get out that door and not out the open garage door if possible)Unless, she dropped cookie ran back up the stairs the perp grabbed her dragged her down the stairs where she was stabbed and lost the slippers and she was grabbing at the door/wall for leverage.

Someone has also mentioned a gas can as a weapon??? There is a plastic red gas can under the stairs is this what you're talking about?

again, i'm just looking at this case for the 1st time. I'm sure many people have already discussed these issues. I'm sorry if i've recapped anyones theories just trying to understand this.

I did a review ( some articles/pics) were no longer there so i'm going off of what i did see and comments from those who saw the actual articles. Someone mentioned turning the letters upside down, I tried this and also went backwords ( don't ask why) what it looks like to me is an el125 or el725, or el925. I looked them up and what i came across was el125 Kawasaki, el725 is a keyboard and el925 is a silver collection. Anyway, if anyone knows of antique cars that have those #'s at the end maybe that would be a hint. As for their antique cars, do we know what make/model years theirs were?

Looking at the pic's of the crime scene, it looks like the wife came out the door, knocked over some brown basket/table (not sure what) ran to the bottom of the stairs, dropped the cookie and off came the slippers. It looks like she was murdered at the back of the jeep which to me looks like the 1st car off the stairs. The garage door is open ( someone was dragged) back into the garage that way yet theres blood at the garage side door which appears to be right at the bottom of the stairs next to the open garage door. ( cant figure out why they would try to get out that door and not out the open garage door if possible)Unless, she dropped cookie ran back up the stairs the perp grabbed her dragged her down the stairs where she was stabbed and lost the slippers and she was grabbing at the door/wall for leverage.

Someone has also mentioned a gas can as a weapon??? There is a plastic red gas can under the stairs is this what you're talking about?

again, i'm just looking at this case for the 1st time. I'm sure many people have already discussed these issues. I'm sorry if i've recapped anyones theories just trying to understand this.

i mentioned the gas can only because other than the stab wounds, blunt force trauma was listed as an injury to the nice folks. I saw the plastic gas cans under the staircase, but I was assuming that the gas can the killer brought to the scene (the scenario implied by LE I think) was not among the ones under the stairs...JMO.

Thanks for bumping this thread TM, this one sent chills down my spine. I will have to go thru the whole thing again to refresh my memory but I would love to work on this.

I don't think there is any way to figure out this message, imo. It was written with broken fingers (the reason it looks so sloppy) and most of it was mopped away by the killer/killers. What is left doesn't make sense without the rest of the message. It was a long shot at best by the police to put it out there, but it is interesting. Good luck in trying. (It might not even be in english as I think they spoke another language, too.)

I read in this thread the origin of their last name, but did not read that perhaps English was their second language. That of course would bring a completely different perspective to the writing which would have likely been in native language...It's not as if either of the victims were able to write a paragraph...

There seems to have been just intermittent control over the victims-I am an amateur but it seems as if the wife heard the conversation or conflict which turned to violence quickly, perhaps she tried to flee up the stairs and was grabbed/subdued hence the loss of the slippers and cookie. The husband was clearly crawling out of the garage or was heading out when he was dragged back, perhaps while or after the wife was being subdued. Then enough time passed from when they were injured initially to allow them to write messages. The perp/perps came back and I have to assume realized the couple was not dead and then, what...finished what they started and cleaned up? And the person/s were careful enough to wipe off prints, but they were in a hurry I guess when it came to the mopping cause they missed a lot.

The perp/s have to be covered with the poor couples blood-how close was this house to other houses-no one heard or saw anything?

I don't think there is any way to figure out this message, imo. It was written with broken fingers (the reason it looks so sloppy) and most of it was mopped away by the killer/killers. What is left doesn't make sense without the rest of the message. It was a long shot at best by the police to put it out there, but it is interesting. Good luck in trying. (It might not even be in english as I think they spoke another language, too.)

What language?

I was wondering about this case. Too bad no one has been caught. I still say that the woman wrote her own family name Jbale with the b & a combined into one letter since she was in a hurry and in pain.

Didn't LE say that this part was under the tire of the car? And that the killers wiped alot of it up? What if they didn't see this part?

This may sound silly but, it looks to me like the word "State". Or it could be "Slade".

I live in West Michigan and I've heard of the motorcycle gangs that LE spoke of. Yikes. Was this family involved with them and that's why LE mentioned them? If not, I wonder why LE threw that out there. Hmmmmm......

I also see Slade.

Were they selling anything (car etc) or buying, I took another look and it looks like they were trying to write selling/seller .again just guessing here.

Yes I thought about seller too. Thought maybe someone vending from door to door. I wonder if LE are sure of their theory about the gaz stuff because then it doesn't make so much sense with the theory that they knew their attacker, I'd think more about someone they didn't know stopping by their door pretending to be short of gaz.

Thanks for bumping. I had not heard of this crime. This one really saddens me. You know how there are some that just get to you for some reason? It was the drag marks that really solidified it for me. This couple really struggled. The thought of Ron crawling, pulling himself, holding on to that glimmer of hope that he may get someone's attention only to be grabbed probably by the ankles and pulled back into the garage. Then of course his wife trying to leave a message, another glimmer of hope that at least she could identify her killer was wiped away when the killer saw it. It is so frustrating. It reminds me of Terry and Darlene Anderson's case a little bit; married couple, brutal crime scene, most-likely murdered by someone they knew.

The writing left is hopeful but realistically I don't think there is enough left to decipher her meaning. So sad.
Unfortunately a lot of the article links are now dead but it sounds like the killer spent a good amount of time at the crime scene cleaning up. I have gathered that no prints or dna were found, correct?

Yes, I had never heard about it either. I hope they could have made sense of the message. To me it looks like S -e and then J and possibly r after.

http://tinyurl.com/2qlvly

NEW BALTIMORE, Mich. -- Police are revealing a photo of a blood-stained message left behind at the scene of a double slaying.

Police said Ronald and Christine Jabalee, both 58, were found slain in their New Baltimore home on Oct. 6, 2006.

Officers responded to the home at 53355 Washington St. and found the two assaulted and slain in their garage. When Ronald Jabalee did not show up for work at the Eastern Market business the family owned, an employee went to their home in New Baltimore and discovered the bodies, according to police. Police said one of the victims left a message written in blood on the garage floor. Part of the message was located under one of the parked vehicles in the garage. “What we're looking at is letters which is part of a message left by one of the victims during this brutal homicide that happened here in October,” said Ken Stevens, New Baltimore detective. Police said Christine wrote the message and probably had broken fingers, and may have put them together to write the message.

Police said the person responsible for the death of the couple saw the message before leaving and tried to clean up most of it. A few letters, which were too far underneath the vehicle, were not cleaned up.

“We know that there was more of the message but whoever committed the crime found it, but fortunately left us these few letters for us to deal with,” said Stevens.

According to police, the couple knew their killer.

A gas can was found at the crime scene, and investigators think the killer went to the home pretending to have run out of gas and looking for help.

The Macomb County Medical Examiner's Office reported the victims suffered blunt-force head and body injuries, plus multiple stab wounds.

Police reported there was no forced entry into the home and added that a clue was left behind by one of the victims, something written in blood, but they are not saying what the message said.

Through crime stoppers, police are offering a $160,000 reward to anyone that has information. Those with any information on the killings are being asked to contact New Baltimore police at 586-725-8470, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.

More information can be found at America's Most Wanted along with pictures of the message:
http://tinyurl.com/2oxdwv

Message-and-tire_CTE.jpg

Apparently, the murderer tried to wipe up the message, but the tire of the vehicle prevented all of it from being obliterated. LE is now asking for the public's help with deciphering this message (as seen on Fox news tonight).

Kinda looks like Siedl or Sidle to me. Gotta catch up and see if anyone figured it out.

I wish there was a photo of the message taken looking straight down at it rather than at an angle.

I wonder if it was some type of business related issue. But I would think the adult children would know about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat
Back