MI MI - Ruth Hoffman, 44, River Rouge, 30 June 1986

This was my responce to someone on Monroetalks.com and I have never thought this had anything to do with my Mom missing but now that I found out she was murdered this might be connected??? I have yet to see someone as beat as I was and live!!! No Deanna she didn't work there or she never went out that way?? someone must have put her in that shirt but the fact that is River Rouge Police kept lying to me over the years and something I never told no one about is 4 years after I would not stop trying to get them to put a missing report on her cuz state police or the FBI wouldn't take her case until it went thru the channels meaning RR PD had to make a report first but btw after 4 years I had just got re married & on that nite we got robbed ( I thought) but I got beat with baseball bats by two black men and it almost killed me which they were clearly tried but after a half hour of beating me busting my head open in 3 different places my husband at the time ran but he threw a bring from outside and busted the window which I was sitting right in front of the window & the brick put the next hole in my head but they got scared and ran so that brick saved my life and now to find out my Mom was murdered!! was this to kill me too?? or shut me up?? but it did keep me into having Spedo Tumor Cerebri which I have had 37 shunts put in my head and back, side, and tummy. been having sooo many of these surgeries and now wondering if it was my life they wanted because they could have stolen more then just cash and who stays to beat someone that bad and for at least a half hour and my daughter was down stairs the whole time hearing her Mother scream for my life, wow the lack of police help really almost cost me my life as well & sometimes I wished they would have only cuz of all this pain and everyone that has a missing loved one knows what it is like to be in the world of the un known, but I hope this helps in finding her killer or killers it sure can't hurt? and never wanted my family to know this cuz they worried enough with me still living in that area but couldn't move to far and even after I was hospitalized we did move but only 10 miles away, sorry for keeping this from the case but really didn't think they could have been connected but have to let it out in hopes of finding the responsible parties and bring my Mother some Justice and yes I won't quit without a good go at finding them.

Hi Debbie Smeaton,

I was just watching Cold Justice and your mom's case popped into my head. I didn't hear about Ruth Hoffman's case until a little over a month ago, when a user on the Unidentified forum was able to match her to a Jane Doe in Exeter Township. I know it doesn't sound like much coming from a stranger over the internet, but I'm very, very sorry about the loss of your mother and that you had to wait as long as you did to finally know what happened to her.

I read some stuff you'd written about her case, including part of this thread and something you wrote on realcrimes.com back in 2006 or 2007. You wrote (paraphrased) ''I got the impression that a cop was involved in her rape''. This caught my attention, because I thought that the police reaction to your mom's rape and disappearance was really, really odd. Not at all normal for any police department.

First, they told you to come back in a week so you could give them a picture of your mother (presumably so a missing persons poster could be made). That struck me as really weird because the police usually work ASAP on these cases because the first 48 hours are the most important. Second, you say that they became rude and dismissive. Three, your mom's case file suddenly disappeared with no explanation. Four, the fact that the case was closed in 2004 without you even being notified; I know the police wouldn't be able to reveal her location for privacy reasons, but I really doubt they wouldn't have told you about it ASAP so you know she's okay. Five, her body is found 34 miles away and the police don't make the connection for 27 years. But the worst is no.6: WHY did they they say they were working on the case when they NEVER EVEN FILED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE??

God, this makes me so mad. I can't even imagine the frustration you must be feeling and have felt for the past 27 years. Sometimes I wish I could hug people through the computer and this is one of those times.

I really, really think you should take your story to the media because, honestly, I don't think this case is going to be solved if that particular police department is the one handling it. It stinks like a botched investigation AT BEST, and a complete cover-up AT WORST.

Have you ever considered taking your - and poor Ruth Hoffman's - story to the news and/or to a crime show? Something like 48 Hours, Cold Justice, Disappeared, Vanished, etc. This really sounds like the type of case the media would be interested in and it could really help you get some answers.

I just thought of this:

Tricia Griffith (the owner of WebSleuths) has a radio show that's on every Sunday night. I think that, if you're comfortable with it, you should consider shooting her an email and asking if you could go on her show to talk about your mom's case. This is the kind of case Tricia's interested in and you could probably spend a good segment or two talking about it.

Her email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com.

Wolf Dreamer, Sweetie if need be I sure will be there but they are gonna try to keep me out of it cuz there afraid I would lose it on the guys and truthfully that's all I think of lately is how to hurt them and I think that is normal they killed my mother, but if it depends on them going to jail or walking you bet ya I will be there and truthfully I think they might need me so I am getting professional help to deal with this pain & hate, I don't like feeling hate but I can't see myself forgiving them even though it says in the bible we have to forgive, I think God is gonna have to give me a pass on this one (sad) but rest assured us as a family will do what we have to, to make sure they pay.

Dear Debbie. I went through a horrible ordeal myself. In 2008, my brother and SIL were brutally murdered by HER uncle. But through the grace of God, I was able to forgive him. We even pleaded with the DA to NOT seek the death penalty. I am so very sorry sweetheart for your pain, and please know that I will add you to my nightly prayers. I just came across this case today, and I couldn't quit reading it until the end. This is such an injustice! I can tell from this thread that you have made wonderful friends here. I hope your health has improved. God bless your beautiful daughter for staying by your side. Not many stories touch me, as much as this one has. I can tell you in all honesty, that I have cried through out this entire thread. Your courage and strength is very admirable, and I would love to be able to call you my friend. How blessed your family is to have someone like you in their life. Go with God's speed, and God bless you sweetheart. It's people like you, that I consider HEROS. :loveyou: :blowkiss:

Debbie, let me know when you finish your book. i truly want to purchase a copy!!!

Dear Debbie. I went through a horrible ordeal myself. In 2008, my brother and SIL were brutally murdered by HER uncle. But through the grace of God, I was able to forgive him. We even pleaded with the DA to NOT seek the death penalty. I am so very sorry sweetheart for your pain, and please know that I will add you to my nightly prayers. I just came across this case today, and I couldn't quit reading it until the end. This is such an injustice! I can tell from this thread that you have made wonderful friends here. I hope your health has improved. God bless your beautiful daughter for staying by your side. Not many stories touch me, as much as this one has. I can tell you in all honesty, that I have cried through out this entire thread. Your courage and strength is very admirable, and I would love to be able to call you my friend. How blessed your family is to have someone like you in their life. Go with God's speed, and God bless you sweetheart. It's people like you, that I consider HEROS. :loveyou: :blowkiss:
Aww your words touched me & I had to get on here to tell you they mean sooo much to me even on my b-day, yes my health is getting better thank God cuz I am gonna need to be strong to get Mom Justice!! and if it wasn't for some awesome people on here I don't know how strong I would have been, its been such a longgg painful road and I will continue to fight the good fight to be her voice, thank you for praying for me cuz at times I feel I am gonna fall apart, we had 2 more family deaths this month wow it's like they keep coming :( and of course we can be friends, I will try to add my facebook link in this message but again thank you for making my day, Big Hugs... https://www.facebook.com/debbmhll

I just thought of this:

Tricia Griffith (the owner of WebSleuths) has a radio show that's on every Sunday night. I think that, if you're comfortable with it, you should consider shooting her an email and asking if you could go on her show to talk about your mom's case. This is the kind of case Tricia's interested in and you could probably spend a good segment or two talking about it.

Her email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com.
Thank you and would love too, this is very thoughtful of you to help you all are so great, Hugs

Hi Debbie Smeaton,

I was just watching Cold Justice and your mom's case popped into my head. I didn't hear about Ruth Hoffman's case until a little over a month ago, when a user on the Unidentified forum was able to match her to a Jane Doe in Exeter Township. I know it doesn't sound like much coming from a stranger over the internet, but I'm very, very sorry about the loss of your mother and that you had to wait as long as you did to finally know what happened to her.

I read some stuff you'd written about her case, including part of this thread and something you wrote on realcrimes.com back in 2006 or 2007. You wrote (paraphrased) ''I got the impression that a cop was involved in her rape''. This caught my attention, because I thought that the police reaction to your mom's rape and disappearance was really, really odd. Not at all normal for any police department.

First, they told you to come back in a week so you could give them a picture of your mother (presumably so a missing persons poster could be made). That struck me as really weird because the police usually work ASAP on these cases because the first 48 hours are the most important. Second, you say that they became rude and dismissive. Three, your mom's case file suddenly disappeared with no explanation. Four, the fact that the case was closed in 2004 without you even being notified; I know the police wouldn't be able to reveal her location for privacy reasons, but I really doubt they wouldn't have told you about it ASAP so you know she's okay. Five, her body is found 34 miles away and the police don't make the connection for 27 years. But the worst is no.6: WHY did they they say they were working on the case when they NEVER EVEN FILED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE??

God, this makes me so mad. I can't even imagine the frustration you must be feeling and have felt for the past 27 years. Sometimes I wish I could hug people through the computer and this is one of those times.

I really, really think you should take your story to the media because, honestly, I don't think this case is going to be solved if that particular police department is the one handling it. It stinks like a botched investigation AT BEST, and a complete cover-up AT WORST.

Have you ever considered taking your - and poor Ruth Hoffman's - story to the news and/or to a crime show? Something like 48 Hours, Cold Justice, Disappeared, Vanished, etc. This really sounds like the type of case the media would be interested in and it could really help you get some answers.
Her story will be coming out the end of the month, a very nice reporter Dave Herndon from the Detroit Free Press he has been working on her story and I promise to bring the link as soon as I get it and just hopefully something will be done? but a big tnx to Dave.

https://www.facebook.com/debbmhll

Woman seeks mother’s rapists, killer, 27 years after disappearance

“I’ve been looking for her for so long,” she said. “It’s a relief to finally know where she is. She’s at home with me now.”

Hoffman's final resting place will be just outside Knoxville, Tenn., next to her deceased brother.

Just because her mother’s body has been found doesn’t mean the search is over for Monsinger. Now, instead of searching for her mother, she is searching for her mother’s rapists and killer.

So happy to see this article. I soooooo hope something comes of it. Not thrilled with the picture of Ruth they chose to run. It looks like a mug shot!

Bumping for Ruth and Debbie. Can't find any updates at all on the investigation of this murder. I do hope there IS an investigation, at least.

Is there any followup to the ticket issued to Ruth Sharon Russie? I am curious whether or not someone is still using her alias.

RIVER ROUGE: Woman seeks mother’s rapists, killer, 27 years after disappearance

The first lead popped up in 1993, when Monsinger got a copy of her mother’s driving record. Reportedly, the record showed that on Oct. 8, 1993, a traffic ticket was issued to “Ruth Sharon Russie” — said to be one of her known aliases — in Pennsylvania. The ticket gives Hoffman’s birth date and an address in Belleville. It said her license was expired.

I think about Ruth and Debbie often. I pray for justice but don't have much hope.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teadrinker09
Back