MI MI - Stephen Millis, adult, car left in parking lot at Dollar General, Newaygo County, 4 Jan 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Newaygo County Sheriff's Office

MISSING PERSONS RELEASE:

The Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help with locating a missing person. Stephen Millis was last seen at the Dollar General in the village of Hesperia on January 4th. The vehicle that Stephen drove to the Dollar General was left in the parking lot. Stephen is known to hang out in Lake County and Muskegon County. Anyone with information on Stephen possible whereabouts are asked to contact D/Sgt. Don Austin at 231-689-7303.
upload_2019-1-14_18-2-31.png

https://www.woodtv.com/news/michigan/missing-man-s-vehicle-found-at-newaygo-co-store/1701293016

Family and friends have posted on the FOX 17 Facebook page that Millis was planning on meeting someone who was interested in buying some fishing poles.

Man missing from Newaygo County for 10 days

49899286_10213686199055313_8936108530855837696_n.jpg

Didn't see anything new in media this morning, anyone else ? Keeping him in my prayers

Upcoming search for missing man described as ‘recovery effort’

Steven Millis was last seen Friday, Jan. 4, at the Dollar General, 395 E. South St. in Hesperia, police said earlier. It’s believed he went inside the store, but it’s unclear what happened after that, police said.

His vehicle was found abandoned in the store parking lot, Babcock said.

Since then, Millis has made no financial transactions or phone calls, Babcock said. His social media accounts have been silent.

“He hasn’t contacted anybody in any way at all,” she said.

Millis went to the store to buy food for his cat – not something someone planning to leave would do, Babcock said. It’s believed he was meeting someone to sell fishing poles, she said.

“We think it was some kind of a set-up and he was probably killed,” Babcock said.

Babcock is organizing a search effort in Holton that will begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 6. Several riders on horseback will be there, and Babcock is asking for help from anyone up for the task.

“It’s a recovery effort,” she said.

The Newaygo County Sheriff’s Office continues to treat Millis’ disappearance as a missing person – not a deceased person -- case, said Detective Sgt. Don Austin. The ongoing investigation has included interviews of more than 50 people and the execution of 35 search warrants and counting, Austin said.

“The investigation hasn’t stopped and won’t stop until he’s located,” Austin said.

upload_2019-4-3_22-48-37.jpegupload_2019-4-3_22-51-33.png

Upcoming search for missing man described as ‘recovery effort’

Steven Millis was last seen Friday, Jan. 4, at the Dollar General, 395 E. South St. in Hesperia, police said earlier. It’s believed he went inside the store, but it’s unclear what happened after that, police said.

His vehicle was found abandoned in the store parking lot, Babcock said.

Since then, Millis has made no financial transactions or phone calls, Babcock said. His social media accounts have been silent.

“He hasn’t contacted anybody in any way at all,” she said.

Millis went to the store to buy food for his cat – not something someone planning to leave would do, Babcock said. It’s believed he was meeting someone to sell fishing poles, she said.

“We think it was some kind of a set-up and he was probably killed,” Babcock said.

Babcock is organizing a search effort in Holton that will begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 6. Several riders on horseback will be there, and Babcock is asking for help from anyone up for the task.

“It’s a recovery effort,” she said.

The Newaygo County Sheriff’s Office continues to treat Millis’ disappearance as a missing person – not a deceased person -- case, said Detective Sgt. Don Austin. The ongoing investigation has included interviews of more than 50 people and the execution of 35 search warrants and counting, Austin said.

“The investigation hasn’t stopped and won’t stop until he’s located,” Austin said.

View attachment 177847View attachment 177849

I hope he is missing but fear he is dead.

“Until he’s here, I’m going to look for him,” says Millis’s daughter, Amber Babcock. Steve disappeared shortly after he was seen at the Dollar General in Hesperia this January. “I have to keep picking the scab at this wound, to keep it fresh in everybody’s mind,”

Missing Hesperia man’s family looking for closure

My husband used to buy stuff off Craig's List in Chicago. I had to educate him a bit on the number of people murdered after going to an online transaction. Anything we buy now, we meet them in the parking lot in front of our local police station in the middle of the day. I'm so sorry for Steve's family, but I don't think he will be found alive.

My husband used to buy stuff off Craig's List in Chicago. I had to educate him a bit on the number of people murdered after going to an online transaction. Anything we buy now, we meet them in the parking lot in front of our local police station in the middle of the day. I'm so sorry for Steve's family, but I don't think he will be found alive.

[bbm]

that's a good idea

One year later: Family continues to search for missing dad

It's been a year since a Newaygo County husband and father, Steve Millis, disappeared without a trace. But his family is as determined as ever to find him and bring him home.

"It's been a living hell on our family. Nothing is the same," said Steve's wife, Stephanie Millis.

Stephanie Millis says her husband's disappearance has had a profound impact on everyone, but especially the children and grandchildren.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back