MI MI - Tamala Wells, 29, Detroit, 6 Aug 2012

Tamala Wells was last seen on Aug. 6, 2012. There have been no arrests made in connection to the case. Wells’ mother, Donna Davis, said she will never stop looking for her missing daughter.

“Everyday I get through with the grace of God. I wake up saying, ‘Lord. This is the day that you made and I’m gonna be joyful in it. I’m gonna do everything that you desire me to do because I know that today the answer is coming,’” Davis said.

Wells has two children. A son, who is now 25 years old and a daughter who is now 15 years old. The Detroit police sergeant who was in charge of Wells’ case has since retired.

“The worst part is not knowing. You know? There’s a lot of people losing their loved ones to diseases, gunshots, all of that. At least. And my heart goes out to them, I’m passionate. Because no one deserves to be taken from life. But at least they know where their loved one is. And I don’t. I don’t know. And that’s the hardest part,” Davis said.

Wells’ boyfriend was questioned by police multiple times in the case but he has never been charged.

Case will get new set of investigative eyes within Detroit Police Department.
Family searching for answers 9 years after Detroit mother vanished

Last edited:
Reactions: byo

2023-02-21

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=3qdKR7_0kuZiBhv00

Tamala Niecole WellsPhoto byThe Charley Project

Tamala Niecole Wells is the oldest of six children. The 33-year-old graduated from nursing school and worked in the home healthcare industry in Detroit, Michigan. Tamala was the mother of two children and lived with her boyfriend of 15 years, Rickey Tennant.

On August 6, 2012, Tamala left her house at 19703 Appleton Drive in Detroit. She left the house around 9:30 pm driving her white four-door Pontiac Grand Prix. The car was painted white with black bumpers. Later that evening Tamala spoke with her mother, Donna Wells-Davis, on the phone. Donna lived in Florida.

Tamala never returned to her house.
The next day, Tamala's 6-year-old daughter, Neveah, called Donna, her grandmother. According to True Case Files, she told Donna that her mother never returned home the night before. When Donna asked to speak to Rickey, he refused to talk to Donna. Donna and her husband immediately left Florida and traveled to Detroit to find Tamala. They reported Tamala missing to the Detroit Police Department.

No one has seen or heard from her again.
Three days later, Tamala's vehicle was found abandoned between Emery and Lantz on Coventry, a few blocks from her house. The authorities found a few items of her clothing, but Tamala was nowhere to be found.
In 2015, Rickey told reporters, "Tamala used to give me a headache, but I dealt with it, and I’m looking at it right now as ‘one headache is better than two headaches," True Case Files reports.

"I didn't do nothing to Nikki, I love Nikki, I couldn't make her stay at home, she would leave out every day and be gone, some nights she wouldn't even come back home," Rickey said reports Fox 2 Detroit.

Rickey cooperated with authorities and investigators do not consider him a suspect in the disappearance of Tamala.

When asked about the disappearance of her mother, Neveah, now a teenager, responded, "I just hope we find her, I really don't like talking about it," reports Fox 2 Detroit.

Tamala Niecole Wells is 5'5" and weighed 155 pounds when she vanished.

Reactions: byo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back