MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the check all the gas stations videos in sandusky. that dougnut shop is on the other end of town. not a very busy area. right off route 4 or route 2 about 10 minutes from turnpike.

my question would be about how she paid? if the kids were wearing glasses?

The donut shop woman said that she waited and talked to the owner before filing the report with LE. I wonder if she was inferring that she waiting for the owner to come back into the store, maybe he doesn't work every day and she wanted his take on it first, being former LE himself.

Did anyone else read this article?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7828135

A woman in Sandusky Ohio swears that the boys came to her Donut shop looking sheepish and scared. They were with a woman who had black hair, very much as the "Joanne Taylor" was described. The woman called one of the boys Tanner.

Not saying I believe this, but since the boys haven't been found deceased I am holding out hope that there is this mystery woman who has them. Extremely doubtful though.

Maybe they were staying in one of the hotels?
I bet Kalahari was packed with kids staying for the long weekend.
Sandusky population in 2008 was 25,688

Yes Sandusky is decent sized, and also touristy, and let's not also forget this was the biggest travel weekend of the year....so these people could have been in from out of town visiting family, or just passing through on a car trip. It seems to me if the dad was going to hide them, he would have gone with them...otherwise, what does he have to stay for? No job, and a kidnapping charge? Doesn't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I hope so much that it's them, I'm just skeptical at the moment of this account. Then again, I also would have been skeptical of an sighting of Elizabeth Smart in a library with a man and a woman wearing muslim garb, so what do I know??

I was thinking the same thing--that the woman and three boys were traveling through town. That would make sense, a travel weary family, in a strange place feeling uncomfortable, like the donut lady indicated.

What donuts did they choose?

I know my family & the flavours they would/not choose.

Maybe they were staying in one of the hotels?
I bet Kalahari was packed with kids staying for the long weekend.
Sandusky population in 2008 was 25,688

I would bet Kalahari was quite packed that weekend. I was there about 1 month ago- on a very cold, raw windy day, a weekday no less and there were a lot of people even then. I was surprised how many for those conditions. So yes my bet is that those sighted children were actually out of towners and it will be hard to locate them probably. They may not be aware there are even kids missing, nor that they were wrongfully identified as such. As for Sandusky's population, I didn't know they had a pop. of 25,000! Guess I should not have said it was a "small town". More like medium sized, lol. I've been there many times in my life, too, but only on the main routes you take to get to Cedar Point mostly.

A few of my thoughts on the possible sighting:

-Why though, hasn't LE gone to interview her? They have more important tips and things to do, I guess. That tells me they don't believe the boys are with us any longer. :(

That's what I'm afraid of also. It reminds me of the Manuel Gehring case. THey couldn't find those kids for a couple years I believe it was, but they knew right off the bat they were looking for bodies (they found blood and brain matter in his van--he had shot them to death). I am wondering if LE has something on those nooses they found =( . Also does anyone know if JS actually cooked them a turkey?? It's been in the back of my mind that maybe he poisoned the turkey or drugged it or something. I wonder if he did make them a turkey if LE found its remains in the garbage or whatever and tested it.

If you were spiriting stolen children away from their home town, and stopped for donuts, wouldn't you leave the kids in the car? I believe this woman believes what she's staying and is trying to be helpful, it just doesn't really make sense.

If there was a foot x-ray taken, JS is cooked. I also broke my foot at the ankle last year - tripped on a step and it went under me (as I guess it would if you fell from a height). The orthopedic surgeon said, 'There's only a couple of ways to get a break like this - the way you did, or falling off a horse.' Not only that, he found a stress fracture from years before I didn't even know I had had. Just to say that 1) really breaking your foot/ankle hurts like hell; 2) x-rays don't lie, and 3) a good orthopedic surgeon would be able to say exactly how and when an injury happened.

Sadly I believe the woman at the donut shop is mistaken too. It doesn’t add up.

As far as JS ankle - Even though several news reports have said “broken”.
I’m still thinking a severe sprang, or at best a “fracture”. If the ankle were badly broken, it likely would of required surgery to fix, as most any “joint” does. There were no reports of any surgery.
And I did read some reports of a “soft cast”. That would not be a severe break. Especially of a joint.
Often times in the case of a rotating joint, like the elbow or ankle, the joint above or below will be immobilized as well, to keep the joint from rotating. It possibly would have been cast to the knee if the break was really bad.

Actually in this article is does say just “fractured”. Which is not nearly as significant, as a true “break”

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/latest-on-three-missing-morenci-boys
John Skelton suffered a fractured ankle in his alleged suicide attempt (pg 2)

Ref. To “soft cast”
http://www.toledoblade.com/article/20101201/NEWS16/101209983/0/CLRENT
The defendant, who reportedly injured himself after he attempted to hang himself at his Morenci home, had a soft cast on his left foot and was seated in a wheelchair during the hearing.

I do not believe the ankle injury was all that serious. Trying to garner sympathy IMO
He ought to be shackled and made to be out there walking around all day in the freezing snow, looking for those poor boy’s!!
Put him in Morenci at daylight and make him walk back to his cell in Toledo.
A few prison guards on horseback, could keep him going the right direction!
When he say’s he doesn’t know where the boy’s are, they can say we didn’t know you hurt your ankle!
JMO

Yes Sandusky is decent sized, and also touristy, and let's not also forget this was the biggest travel weekend of the year....so these people could have been in from out of town visiting family, or just passing through on a car trip. It seems to me if the dad was going to hide them, he would have gone with them...otherwise, what does he have to stay for? No job, and a kidnapping charge? Doesn't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I hope so much that it's them, I'm just skeptical at the moment of this account. Then again, I also would have been skeptical of an sighting of Elizabeth Smart in a library with a man and a woman wearing muslim garb, so what do I know??

This is why JS's mental state is important to me. Any sign of paranoia would be enough to make me think that it is possible that he gave the kids to someone to protect them (to his mind). He couldn't go with because he had to stay here and take the fall so the kids would be "safe".
We know that he obviously is not a healthy person, mentally speaking, I just wonder how unhealthy.

A fracture means an x-ray though. Doesn't matter if he really broke it. For example (sorry) the kind of break I had was the tendon pulling so hard against the bone it gave. Also, I walked on it for several hours, believing the 'if you can walk it's not broken' thing. Sometimes you are made to wear a soft cast for a few days before they x-ray again and cast it, to let the swelling go down.

All I'm saying is that if he claims he fell from a rope during a suicide attempt, thereby injuring his ankle, the fracture is going to be in a specific place. If he smashed himself in the ankle with a hammer or kicked a cement wall, his story won't hold.

In any case, that's all way down the road. He needs to start talking now. This story is really heartbreaking.

I hate to be cynical or pessimistic, most especially where it involves children. Never in my life would I be happier to be wrong.

But I am more inclined to believe he twisted it, hiding the boys or something of that nature.
No rope marks were found on his neck, as his sister stated “He changed his mind and slipped”
I’m doubting he ever even tried to hang himself.

http://www.freep.com/article/201011.../Skeltons-sister-says-he-was-deeply-depressed
Ford said her brother tried to hang himself from a banister leading down into the basement of his Morenci home, but changed his mind. When he tried to get down, he lost his footing and fell to the concrete floor, broke his ankle and lost consciousness, she said.
-------------
But “Ford” was also in FL. So all she knew is what he told her. Or what the “mystery friend” told her at the time. She may be in OH. now. Or has been to OH. since the incident.
Now my next question is -
IF he “lost consciousness” how did he call the friend to take him to the hosp.
Maybe when he came to?
And if he lost consciousness, possibly he would have a corresponding contusion on his head?
You have to get whacked pretty good to knock you out.
Most all of us have hit our heads at sometime hard enough to cut them or cause a nasty lump & bruise, with out loosing consciousness.
There are no marks on his head either. Which would be easy to see, as he is mostly bald.

I do understand what you are saying though Yodle, I’m not disputing anything, almost anything is possible. This guy has done nothing but lie from the get go.
So all any of us can do is “assume”.

This is just me thinking out.... those waterparks are very expensive. They range anywhere to 99.00 to 500.00 bucks a night, depending on the day, etc. They didnt stay there. If your on the run and dont work, money will get tight. This dougnut shop if off the main path of sandusky. She either she knows the area or two she was just driving around. There are other hotels in the area. This time of year maybe at best 50.00 a night.

Looking up things on the internet, i found that her two daughters and first husband living in Oregon, ohio. This is route 2 and heads east through Port Clinton and on over Sandusky Bay bridge to Sandusky. I am sure the mother has contact with her daughters and i am sure that John has gone to some high school event with his wife to see his daughters. I am sure that he knows this area very well.

The general area of sandusky being black friday weekend was slammed! Sandusky is between Toledo and Cleveland, so local people from surrounding communtiies come to Sandusky to shop and eat at the major chain restaraunts.

Why would an retired cop lie. He said it could have been them too.

I just can’t see anyone chance being seen, especially in the immediate area with the boy’s, nor this soon after the disappearance.

Sadly I believe the woman at the donut shop is mistaken too. It doesn’t add up.

As far as JS ankle - Even though several news reports have said “broken”.
I’m still thinking a severe sprang, or at best a “fracture”. If the ankle were badly broken, it likely would of required surgery to fix, as most any “joint” does. There were no reports of any surgery.
And I did read some reports of a “soft cast”. That would not be a severe break. Especially of a joint.
Often times in the case of a rotating joint, like the elbow or ankle, the joint above or below will be immobilized as well, to keep the joint from rotating. It possibly would have been cast to the knee if the break was really bad.

Actually in this article is does say just “fractured”. Which is not nearly as significant, as a true “break”

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/latest-on-three-missing-morenci-boys
John Skelton suffered a fractured ankle in his alleged suicide attempt (pg 2)

Ref. To “soft cast”
http://www.toledoblade.com/article/20101201/NEWS16/101209983/0/CLRENT
The defendant, who reportedly injured himself after he attempted to hang himself at his Morenci home, had a soft cast on his left foot and was seated in a wheelchair during the hearing.

I do not believe the ankle injury was all that serious. Trying to garner sympathy IMO
He ought to be shackled and made to be out there walking around all day in the freezing snow, looking for those poor boy’s!!
Put him in Morenci at daylight and make him walk back to his cell in Toledo.
A few prison guards on horseback, could keep him going the right direction!
When he say’s he doesn’t know where the boy’s are, they can say we didn’t know you hurt your ankle!
JMO

Good morning Java!

A fracture is the same thing as a break. In medical terms, doctors write fracture when assessing a patient if they see any kind of break at all. There can even be stress fractures without bone. Some people think that they are different, and maybe it helps some of us to define how bad the fracture is by calling it a break (as in the leg was broken clear across the femur - it would still be a fracture but the doctor may make note of the fracture then state a clear break with it's measurement in his notes for the patient's file). It is standard that a doctor would classify it as a fracture but, when explaining it the doctor could use the word "break" for laymen understanding. The doctor's use of fracture vs break could also be a matter of preference. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewfSleuth