MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is probably a shot in the dark, but I really wish LE-FBI would seriously interview the lady at the donut shop. ( if they haven't already?)

This is odd for me to be this optimistic...usually I am the Queen of Pessimism. Wouldn't it be amazing if they ARE safe??

This just breaks my heart. These three boys should be making letters to Santa and getting into the spirit of the season with concerts. Instead nobody is willing to talk and say where they are.

Where are these boys and are searches happening in the areas of Hillsdale, Jackson and Taylor Mi??

JS it is time to man up and fess up what you did with your sons as they were in your care when they went missing.

This is just making me downright angry now.

BBM-I soooo agree with you!!!
Just curious, is Taylor, MI a search area due to J.Taylor?
Originally from this area, I still have so much family in all these areas.
Please find these boys soon!!

thanks for that link W-Girl

http://m.freep.com/news.jsp?key=777346&rc=lo&p=1

"Morenci police released a statement today, noting that "we have received many similar leads from throughout our region and continue to collect that information and assess the credibility of each one. I would caution those in the media that to report on each of these leads without them being properly vetted by investigators could potentially give false hope to the family and our community."

Well I may be wrong, but I personally was glad to read of this possible sighting at the donut shop. It made me feel like someone was paying attention and at least took the time to report something they felt unusual. LE keeps asking for tips! How many people pause a moment and think well, hmmmm I think I saw___, then say nah probably not and never report!!
Maybe some of these tips sounds like LE is getting will pay off.

Yes it might be false hope, but it is hope and currently that is all there is.

Attorney: Missing boys' dad is off limits to investigators – for now

Phillips says it is rare for a person to fight extradition, but that Skelton is off limits to police questioning while he is in jail.

"Unless he requests it, they have no access to him," said Phillips. "He is represented by counsel. Unless he makes a request, they won't be able to have any contact with him."

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=13633387

BUT is he off limits to family/visitors?? Can he request to meet them?? I remember reading on some MSM report that JS HAD requested to meet with his parents...AND I KEEP wondering if they ever got there!

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. In my experience false hope is even more traumatizing and damaging to the family, friends, searchers and everyone involved. There is nothing worse than seeing family go up and down, to watch them hold onto those leads and to then be smacked down when the tragic news comes out and they find out that the information was completely inaccurate. Not saying that is the case here, but I wish media would show some responsibility and compassion instead of just looking for the best story. It has horrible consequences sometimes.

thanks for that link W-Girl

http://m.freep.com/news.jsp?key=777346&rc=lo&p=1

"Morenci police released a statement today, noting that "we have received many similar leads from throughout our region and continue to collect that information and assess the credibility of each one. I would caution those in the media that to report on each of these leads without them being properly vetted by investigators could potentially give false hope to the family and our community."

Well I may be wrong, but I personally was glad to read of this possible sighting at the donut shop. It made me feel like someone was paying attention and at least took the time to report something they felt unusual. LE keeps asking for tips! How many people pause a moment and think well, hmmmm I think I saw___, then say nah probably not and never report!!
Maybe some of these tips sounds like LE is getting will pay off.

Yes it might be false hope, but it is hope and currently that is all there is.

BBM- I strongly agree... people please pay attention to your surroundings and if something just does not seem right, report it... I was always taught better safe than sorry IMO

I was thinking out loud.... how can you get away with injuring 3 children. i would seem to think after the first one the others would run for safety, wouldnt they if they were in a house. 3 seems like alot unless he chased them and got injured. which i hope is not the case and that they are alive. dont think if anything happened it was not in the house but outside somewheres. i pray pray pray that they are alive. i hate thinking the worst after a period of time. i am so fustrated that whoever isnt pushin him to talk... been long enough. and it is pretty hush hush with no press from the family or whoever makes ya want to believe that are alive. if they were thought they were deceased, wouldnt it be a recover mission....

I was thinking out loud.... how can you get away with injuring 3 children. i would seem to think after the first one the others would run for safety, wouldnt they if they were in a house. 3 seems like alot unless he chased them and got injured. which i hope is not the case and that they are alive. dont think if anything happened it was not in the house but outside somewheres. i pray pray pray that they are alive. i hate thinking the worst after a period of time. i am so fustrated that whoever isnt pushin him to talk... been long enough. and it is pretty hush hush with no press from the family or whoever makes ya want to believe that are alive. if they were thought they were deceased, wouldnt it be a recover mission....
Andrea Yates did it with five ( I think). If I'm not mistaken, she just called them into the the bathroom one by one and they never knew what was coming until she already had them in there with her.
And it pretty much is a recovery mission. They go all out while there is hope that the people are alive, then when there is not so much hope left, they change over to targeted searches like they are doing now. IMO.

“Although police do not know where the Skelton brothers are now, Phillips says it is possible more charges could come, even if the boys are never found.
"It presents some challenges if they indeed to file more serious charges -- such as murder charges against the father," said Phillips. "It can be done without finding the boys, but it is a more difficult situation."
-------------------
I can only hope that they will throw the book at him………

“Although police do not know where the Skelton brothers are now, Phillips says it is possible more charges could come, even if the boys are never found.
"It presents some challenges if they indeed to file more serious charges -- such as murder charges against the father," said Phillips. "It can be done without finding the boys, but it is a more difficult situation."
-------------------
I can only hope that they will throw the book at him………

I hope they throw the whole darn law library at him. And it's good to hear talk of more serious charges.

ETA: Well, not good exactly, but good that they aren't just saying that they can't file more serious charges without the boys' bodies.

Andrea Yates did it with five ( I think). If I'm not mistaken, she just called them into the the bathroom one by one and they never knew what was coming until she already had them in there with her.
And it pretty much is a recovery mission. They go all out while there is hope that the people are alive, then when there is not so much hope left, they change over to targeted searches like they are doing now. IMO.

i dont think he was unstable like she was... he seemed to have a good handle on life till recently but dont think he could be that cruel. maybe i beleive the good in ppl too much.

hope this hasnt been posted. a article on JS aunt.
http://www.detnews.com/article/2010...sing-kids--dad-hopes-‘he-might-open-up-to-me’

http://www.traversecityfamilylaw.com/Pages/LawLinks.htm (family abduction)
In Michigan, when a parent keeps the children more than 24 hours after they are due to the other parent for custody or parenting time, that is a felony punishable by 1 year and 1 day in prison.
---------------
Well this has me concerned!
BUT, surely there are extenuating circumstances in this case, and the sentence will be far more severe.
If that is all he is ever charged with though, he could only get a 3 year sentence. And be out in less time than that! But seeing that the children were not returned at ALL, ever. Surely sheds a different light on it.
But if they can't prove the children are deceased?? I don't know.

When I first read of this case, I made a mental note of 8th December, it was the date I'd continue to hope for a good outcome before giving in to what was my gut reaction to this news.

For the record, I don't believe that 'dad' hurt his ankle on the basement steps following his failed suicide attempt (I don't even think there was an attempt). I think he injured himself whilst killing and covering the boys out in some wooded area.

It likely isn't even too serious since he drove himself home, and 'staged' his suicide attempt. Then he called a friend to transport him to the hospital ---I so wish I knew how that conversation went.

My heart hates my head for thinking this way, but there is no reason that the dad wouldn't give up the boys location otherwise.

Tonight I'll pray to every angel I know to try and direct someone to these boys.

Agreed. When I broke my ankle last year I couldn't get up. Thankfully my 13 year old was with me and managed to help me up. I had to hop up the stairs, then get my dad to drive me to the hospital. But there was NO way I could walk, or even attempt to drive a car. So I don't think the ankle injury was very serious (I ended up in surgery, unfortunately).

I wish we knew what he told the friend, and if this friend asked about the boys.

Mel

Agreed. When I broke my ankle last year I couldn't get up. Thankfully my 13 year old was with me and managed to help me up. I had to hop up the stairs, then get my dad to drive me to the hospital. But there was NO way I could walk, or even attempt to drive a car. So I don't think the ankle injury was very serious (I ended up in surgery, unfortunately).

I wish we knew what he told the friend, and if this friend asked about the boys.

Mel

I mentioned the samething in post #214
We live in ski country, we see joint damage on a regular basis.
By the end of ski season, lots of people here are in casts! LOL!

I have no new local news to report but I wanted to say today that I'm wondering why LE didn't allow searches to go on this week considering the impending weather coming. As I have mentioned earlier upthread, they've been talking about a snowstorm coming. Well, it's nearly a sure thing now- the last report I heard they say 3-6" (which isnt really a big storm) with high winds and bitter windchills on the back side of the storm. It's supposed to start late Saturday as freezing rain/sleet/mix turning to all snow by SUnday a.m.. It just upsets me that they didn't let volunteers continue to search this week before the land gets covered by snow. Those high winds will make deep drifts in that open land in those communities they are searching in. It could be a long time before that snow melts and they can see anything again.

The “friend” that supposedly JS called to drive him to the hosp. Seems to have faded into oblivion.

Never has this person been mentioned again. And it seems like he/she would have been mentioned as having been questioned by LE, or something. And IF (again) this person does exist, I’m sure they have been questioned.

Whoever drove JS to the Fulton County Health Center Friday in Wauseon, OH , before he was transferred to Toledo Mental Health. And I’m thinking he was transferred, not because of the “ankle” but, because he said he was attempting suicide. If I am not mistaken that would have been about a 40 mile transfer between health facilities? Did the "friend" take him? Or did the Health Center?
(16 miles from Morenci to Wauseon) (40 miles from Wauseon to Toledo)

Maybe the “friend” was a neighbor, and they want to stay out of the picture. And it’s possible that if they did ask JS about the boy’s, he may of just said they are with TS, and left it at that.

BBM- I strongly agree... people please pay attention to your surroundings and if something just does not seem right, report it... I was always taught better safe than sorry IMO

True!

When I was about 10 or eleven, my dad, who is in sales, was driving to one of his accounts. He was stopped at a traffic light on a busy street on the east side of town. He saw a scene that just seemed odd to him. There was a low-budget motel on the right. He saw a little girl who looked to be a light skinned African American girl, about three or four years old run out the doors alone. She got to the sidewalk and was looking around lost, then she just started sobbing. Almost immediately, a heavy set blonde white woman came out and retrieved the girl who was still very upset. My dad thought it was so odd that when he called home to my mom at lunch time he mentioned it to her. That night, my mom was watching the news before my dad got home and there was a story about a young girl matching this description who had been kidnapped by her non-custodial mother who was schizophrenic and off her meds, and the police were concerned the girl may be in danger. As soon as my dad got home she told him about it and he called it in to the police. The next night, the news ran a story that indicated that "thanks to an alert Channel 5 viewer" the girl had been found - at that seedy motel! They interviewed the police chief in the city who said that it was lucky they got there when they did because she was just about to check out and run again! I always remember that, because you truly just never know.

I have no new local news to report but I wanted to say today that I'm wondering why LE didn't allow searches to go on this week considering the impending weather coming. As I have mentioned earlier upthread, they've been talking about a snowstorm coming. Well, it's nearly a sure thing now- the last report I heard they say 3-6" (which isnt really a big storm) with high winds and bitter windchills on the back side of the storm. It's supposed to start late Saturday as freezing rain/sleet/mix turning to all snow by SUnday a.m.. It just upsets me that they didn't let volunteers continue to search this week before the land gets covered by snow. Those high winds will make deep drifts in that open land in those communities they are searching in. It could be a long time before that snow melts and they can see anything again.

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm confused ...I can understand LE pulling their resources for whatever reason but can they stop volunteers from searching?? :banghead:

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm confused ...I can understand LE pulling their resources for whatever reason but can they stop volunteers from searching?? :banghead:

That depends on if we are talking about public or private land. If it's public land that people are allowed to be on, then no, not really you can go out for a "walk" and do what you will. Now, if you are talking about private land, then yes, they can and can arrest/site you for trespassing. Not sure of where we are talking but HTH.

That depends on if we are talking about public or private land. If it's public land that people are allowed to be on, then no, not really you can go out for a "walk" and do what you will. Now, if you are talking about private land, then yes, they can and can arrest/site you for trespassing. Not sure of where we are talking but HTH.

Thanks Sarx! I should have been more specific and stated public land. Anyone can walk along the highway searching, I wouldn't think LE could stop them. So why would LE ask volunteers not to search? Did they ask them not to search?

BUT is he off limits to family/visitors?? Can he request to meet them?? I remember reading on some MSM report that JS HAD requested to meet with his parents...AND I KEEP wondering if they ever got there!
His aunt now says she would like to talk to him. She thinks he's "protecting" the boys and might open up to her. She hasn't requested a visit yet, though.

Aunt wants access to dad of 3 missing Mich. boys

MORENCI — The aunt of a 39-year-old Michigan man charged with parental kidnapping in connection with his three missing sons says he might "open up" to her and disclose "things others might not get from him."

Sandra Arens tells The Detroit News that she last spoke with John Skelton of Morenci in late October and he previously confided in her about his "nasty" divorce and custody battle.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20101208/NEWS01/312080037/1161/char

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member