Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #10 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably pulled it back using donkeys, that's why it took so long. ;).

"He said the search is being conducted based on tips and evidence police obtained of Doug Stewart’s cellular phone usage at the time Venus Stewart disappeared and when investigators allege he was in Michigan."

Didn't RS have his cell phone in Virginia?

They probably pulled it back using donkeys, that's why it took so long. ;).

"He said the search is being conducted based on tips and evidence police obtained of Doug Stewart’s cellular phone usage at the time Venus Stewart disappeared and when investigators allege he was in Michigan."

Didn't RS have his cell phone in Virginia?

Obviously they must have had good reason for not bringing the truck back sooner or faster........we do not know the reasoning.

Having been born and raised in Michigan I am biting my tongue raw.

Obviously they must have had good reason for not bringing the truck back sooner or faster........we do not know the reasoning.

Having been born and raised in Michigan I am biting my tongue raw.

I agree. I think most likely they already have so much evidence against DS that the truck is just icing on the cake. They obviously were able to arrest him without transporting it, I just don't think it matters enough to demand any sort of rush or special treatment. It could also mean that they did a fair portion of the investigation without transporting it, perhaps to preserve any material on the under body or something, who knows?

Just because we want to know something immediately doesn't necessarily mean that that information is necessary to the case or the investigation immediately. DS certainly isn't going anywhere fast. :dance:

I agree. I think most likely they already have so much evidence against DS that the truck is just icing on the cake. They obviously were able to arrest him without transporting it, I just don't think it matters enough to demand any sort of rush or special treatment. It could also mean that they did a fair portion of the investigation without transporting it, perhaps to preserve any material on the under body or something, who knows?

Just because we want to know something immediately doesn't necessarily mean that that information is necessary to the case or the investigation immediately. DS certainly isn't going anywhere fast. :dance:

I agree.......I think the actual possesion of the truck is simply "the icing on the cake" . I also think they have what they needed from the truck or knew exactly what was in/on the truck and probably already had covered the truck from top to bottom while in NN. I think this is just a formality.

Yes, we know they were doing forensic testing on the truck in VA.

I can't sleep. I keep tossing and turning. I keep thinking that tonight, 2 little girls went to bed not knowing where their Mommy is. And, their Daddy is the only one with the answer. He's not talking so he can save his own arse!!!

Makes me ill to know what this "man" has taken from his children.
He cared more about getting back at Venus than his children's needs.

I also keep thinking about RS. One phonecall by him could have prevented this! I hope he thinks about that EVERYDAY of his life!!!

I pray every night for all who love VS. I pray she is found soon so her family can have answers. What hell they must be going through. VS deserves a proper burial. Her children deserve to know where their Mommy is.

DS and RS deserve to rot!

JMO

That can't be true because they had the truck early on in the investigation when they didn't have enough evidence, so you would have thought that getting the truck would have been a high priority. It doesn't take that long to move a vehicle. The fact that they didn't retrieve the truck suggests that that they did not have high hopes of getting anything usefull from it beyond what they had. Since IMO they had allready decided that DS was their man at that point, anything which could potentially suggest that he wasn't or throw doubt on their theory would be a low investigative priority until they felt they had enough evidence from other sources.

Yes, we know they were doing forensic testing on the truck in VA.

The testing they would have been done would have been on the material collected in the execution of the search warrant, so we know what that is. Unless they have executed additional search warrants since then that have not been reported, that would be the extent of the evidence from the truck.

That can't be true because they had the truck early on in the investigation when they didn't have enough evidence, so you would have thought that getting the truck would have been a high priority. It doesn't take that long to move a vehicle. The fact that they didn't retrieve the truck suggests that that they did not have high hopes of getting anything usefull from it beyond what they had. Since IMO they had allready decided that DS was their man at that point, anything which could potentially suggest that he wasn't or throw doubt on their theory would be a low investigative priority until they felt they had enough evidence from other sources.

Or there was nothing to be found that definitively put Venus in the truck only at the time of her abduction...I mean there are other interpretations than what you are offering.

But at the end of the day, DS had someone pretend to be him so he could be somewhere other than VA. If he was somewhere else that would cause his alibi to be solid, he would have passed that along. Unless he enjoys the time he is spending behind bars in MI. Away from his children.

The testing they would have been done would have been on the material collected in the execution of the search warrant, so we know what that is. Unless they have executed additional search warrants since then that have not been reported, that would be the extent of the evidence from the truck.

Undoubtedly there have been several warrants executed that have not been shared with the media.

I believe it was DS blood in the truck, like TM said around Mother's Day on the news, likely from a wound received during the struggle outside the house and transferred to the vehicle by DS.
If that's true, the blood evidence inside the truck lent no help to LE either in proving that VS was dead or that DS was the one who did it. That leaves the tire tracks that "appeared to match" and I've said all along that I felt that it would have hurt LE's case if they got the truck to Michigan and found out the tires didn't match or even if they were inconclusive. I'm sure a big factor in the probable cause affidavits necessary to get warrants to search Doug's property, his parent's property, etc was due to the "possible match" of the tire tracks in the field, even though the location was about a 1/4 mile down from the McComb house, it was enough to reasonably place him at or near the scene of the crime on that morning, at least enough for a judge to feel comfortable with issuing search warrants. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds. I'm really hopeful that the searches tomorrow by MSP and others will mean that VS is found so the family members can have some peace.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/07/police_search_for_venus_stewar.html

Police and FBI agents plan to search areas of St. Joseph County on Thursday for the body of Venus Rose Stewart, police said.

Stewart, 32, has been missing since April 26 and Michigan State Police investigators have said they are convinced she is dead. Her estranged husband, Douglas H. Stewart, 29, has been charged in her death.

State Police Lt. Mike Risko said 20 to 30 officers, including state troopers, four K-9 units, FBI agents and St. Joseph County sheriff’s deputies, will take part in the search. it is expected to last most of the day and focus on areas in the county’s northeastern corner near Venus Stewart’s parents’ home in Colon Township and Doug Stewart’s parents’ home in Leonidas Township.

Share Risko said one of the areas investigators plan to comb is 100 acres that is densely wooded and swampy. He said he suspects investigators will battle the heat and rain during the search as Thursday’s forecast calls for a 70 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms and a high of 89 degrees.

“It’s going to be very hot and sticky and we’re going to have to watch our people pretty closely,” Risko said.

Police have said that the search is being conducted based on tips police have received and evidence from Douglas Stewart’s cellular phone usage at the time Venus Stewart disappeared and when investigators allege he was in Michigan.

Douglas Stewart is being held in the St. Joseph County Jail on charges of open murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree premediated murder. He is scheduled to be in St. Joseph County Circuit Court Monday for an arraignment.

BBM

These types of searches should have been conducted much sooner than now in my opinion. I'm glad they are finally doing it.

I agree y'all. Please Lord let today be the day this family gets to bring their daughter/mother home. I can't imagine how they feel knowing she is laying somewhere out there. How horrible.

Prayers for those who will be out searching for Venus today.
Praying clues are found to Venus's location or she is recovered.
Prayers for Venus' family and children today too.

I almost wish we could see DS's reaction to news of the search area's like we did Casey when the search was on for Caylee. Her body language gave away so much.

"Searching for Venus Stewart
July 15, 2010 4:11 PM

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – About 30 police officers walked for miles in Thursday's heat, looking for any sign of Venus Stewart."

"Thursday's search turned up nothing. Police say they will continue looking but have not yet specified where or when."

More at:

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/stewart-1379074-county-venus.html

Thanks for the update UTTA.

I was really hoping the search would be successful.

Bumping for Venus. We have not forgot about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK