Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 4 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Male or female, I don't think anyone has the right to break or bloody their SO's nose. I understand DV, I have lived through it. If you throw any object at someone, slap them, punch them, pull their hair, it is DV even if you are the female.
In the article released the other day, we learned more about the turbulent relationship that was the Stewart's. We learned that their fights ended up on the street, with both of them screaming at each other. It does not appear that she was meek and submissive to avoid a fight. We learned that the police were frequent visitors to their home. We also learned more about the charges that VS faced. The police are trained to look at both parties. I'm sure in most cases, it's the male that gets charged. If there was so much as a red mark on VS, DS would have been charged as well. He was the one who was bloody. I doubt he punched himself in the face before the police got there, especially since she apparently plead guilty to the charges. Even after the anger management class, she did it again. As the victim, I think DS had to allow the second DV charge be plea bargained down. In his PPO, he begged for the courts to "Help her" and to help him. There is absolutely no proof he ever struck her, but plenty of proof saying she was the aggressor. I don't care if he told her her mother wore combat boots, that doesn't give her the right to hit him. I am not trying to bash the victim here, I'm just puzzled as to how this got twisted around with absolutely no proof that he was the abuser.
Waiting for the scuds.

SO in this case is significant other, not sex offender. I think sex offenders should have their noses bloodied repeatedly.

DS was supposedly spotted in Schoolcraft the day before VS went missing right ?
Correct me if I am wrong on that please, not sure if I am remembering correctly

Schoolcraft is only about 20 minutes from DS parents house , so if he was spotted in his old neighborhood sometime Sunday, he stayed somewhere close overnight Sunday I would assume.

The way his old house / road in Schoolcraft is set up, if he drove by it, people would get a good look at him, it's a tiny little stretch of road , he has to turn on the street and then stop at a stop sign about 50 yards down the road, so he would be going slow, just the way that neighborhood is set up. But it could be someone else that looked like him in similiar car
Thanks !!

Male or female, I don't think anyone has the right to break or bloody their SO's nose. I understand DV, I have lived through it. If you throw any object at someone, slap them, punch them, pull their hair, it is DV even if you are the female.
In the article released the other day, we learned more about the turbulent relationship that was the Stewart's. We learned that their fights ended up on the street, with both of them screaming at each other. It does not appear that she was meek and submissive to avoid a fight. We learned that the police were frequent visitors to their home. We also learned more about the charges that VS faced. The police are trained to look at both parties. I'm sure in most cases, it's the male that gets charged. If there was so much as a red mark on VS, DS would have been charged as well. He was the one who was bloody. I doubt he punched himself in the face before the police got there, especially since she apparently plead guilty to the charges. Even after the anger management class, she did it again. As the victim, I think DS had to allow the second DV charge be plea bargained down. In his PPO, he begged for the courts to "Help her" and to help him. There is absolutely no proof he ever struck her, but plenty of proof saying she was the aggressor. I don't care if he told her her mother wore combat boots, that doesn't give her the right to hit him. I am not trying to bash the victim here, I'm just puzzled as to how this got twisted around with absolutely no proof that he was the abuser.
Waiting for the scuds.

I agree with you. I'm just saying fear can make people do things they may never have done otherwise. I have no idea if DS ever absued her, I haven't seen proof of it posted here anywhere. But there has been proof thru her letter writings that she was frightened of him and scared for her life. I don't blame her for running from him, if she was truly scared for her life. Court or no court, I'm not going to stick around waiting for someone to kill me, if I think that's what might happen.

First, I have been reading this website for about a week now on this case and I would like to thank everyone for the useful info. and the professionalism like behavior on this site. We live about 8 miles from the Stewart farm, and know some of the family pretty good, but not DS, so this is a pretty local story for us.

My questions are- 1) if the Schoolcraft neighbors are right and they did indeed see DS cruising the neighborhood , what time was that on Sunday, and 2) what time is the Walmart receipt printed ?
That would somewhat firm up the timeline the day before abnd obviously point to a 2nd POI.'
Also, if the above is true - where did DS and his "accomplice" stay the nigh prior ? In their vehicles? at a hotel ? at his parents house ? someone had to see something more
Thanks !!!
Welcome! :) I'd like an answer to your questions too, since it seems odd that both vehicles have supposedly been spotted in the area the day before and the day Venus was abducted. Why would he not only bring an accomplice but both vehicles to MI? I think the Schoolcraft sighting may be another car that looks like the Sable. :waitasec: MOO

Absolutely, Lurky. If someone is a violent relationship, the best thing to do is GET OUT. Go to the nearest Safe House for a while for things to calm down because when you leave is the most dangerous time. Do NOT go to a friends or family members-some guys have no compunction about killing everyone in the house once they think their lives have been torn apart and it's YOUR fault. We have all seen too many cases on here where the outcome is tragic.
What I've seen in this case is a lot of tit for tat. I take the PPOs with a grain of salt, since there are no police reports or witness statements backing them up except for on DS's side. Moo.

LionKing, I wish we knew who was driving the Sable. I think the neighbors reported the vehicle only, not that they specifically saw Doug in it. They were sure enough that it was the vehicle that it was mentioned in the search warrant. Do you think DS spent the night at his parents Sunday night? Why do you think he was cruising around the old neighborhood the night before he planned on kidnapping his wife?

Welcome! :) I'd like an answer to your questions too, since it seems odd that both vehicles have supposedly been spotted in the area the day before and the day Venus was abducted. Why would he not only bring an accomplice but both vehicles to MI? I think the Schoolcraft sighting may be another car that looks like the Sable. :waitasec: MOO
I know you're not talking to me, but since I've had too much coffee, I thought I would respond lol. I do think they saw the Sable. I think if the Sable weren't involved, it would have been in DS's parking spot when LE went to the NN apartment. Someone wouldn't be playing musical vehicles with it. And since blood was found in it, it would APPEAR that it is yet another crime scene in this case. TM already dismissed the blood in the truck as being DS's.

I haven't seen that he was talking to LE at the time he was supposed to call his kids.

May I have a link for that please? I'd like to read about it.

It was described as "late evening". Evening is the period of time around sunset. They didn't provide exact times, but the phrase "evening" tells us approximately when it must have happened.

The time that LE spoke to DS the night of the abduction is really important, both for the purpose of knowing why he did not call Michigan that night, as well as working out if he could have returned from Michigan since that morning...but obviously LE is not going to tell us :( But they did not indicate that the timing was a part of his alibi, which makes me think they spoke to him at a time that could have feasibly allowed him to have made the return drive to Virginia.

Link to advanced Venus Rose Stewart YouTube video search result in order by upload date
You can now watch Nancy Grace's shows featuring Venus's abduction as well as other media coverage.

- To embed a YouTube player in a Websleuths post -
Simply copy the url appearing in your browser address bar then paste it in.
(To center the player, first click on the "Center" icon on the tool bar.)​

Bookmark this link for future reference.​
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...o_date_uploaded&suggested_categories=25&uni=3

Thank you button doesn't seem like enough for this post. My cousin is going thru something very simliar and she is 14 hours away from all of us. The only people she has there is his family. He has cheated on her, he told his girlfriend he was going to hire someone to kill her and she is scared for her life. They were arguing one day and she threw a baby bottle at him breaking his adulterous nose, and HE filed domestic charges on her. So these domestic violence charges against Venus could be something really simple and crazy, we have no way of knowing. She is filing for divorce at the end of May and wants to return home with the children ( 14 hours away to her family ) but she knows that will be the thing that blows his powder keg. He is a very prominent surgeon and all his dirty little secrets will come out in a divorce. NO ONE who knows him, knows these things. She's told no one but her family. If she ran home to us after filing for divorce, I'm pretty sure what the courts would do or say would be the last thing on her mind. Mr. Blacks post completely rubbed me the wrong way.

We don't know who was the abuser in this case, we only have the parties allegations and what is on record in the legal system.

What happened to your cousin is irrelevant to this case. She might be the victim or maybe that is just what she is telling you and you choose to believe her.

The sort of people who engage in this sort of abusive behaviour are sociopaths, both male and female, and are very good at hiding what they are and manipulating others around them. That is what makes it so difficult to determine the truth in those sorts of cases.

DS was supposedly spotted in Schoolcraft the day before VS went missing right ?
Correct me if I am wrong on that please, not sure if I am remembering correctly

Schoolcraft is only about 20 minutes from DS parents house , so if he was spotted in his old neighborhood sometime Sunday, he stayed somewhere close overnight Sunday I would assume.

The way his old house / road in Schoolcraft is set up, if he drove by it, people would get a good look at him, it's a tiny little stretch of road , he has to turn on the street and then stop at a stop sign about 50 yards down the road, so he would be going slow, just the way that neighborhood is set up. But it could be someone else that looked like him in similiar car
Thanks !!

Incorrect. He wasn't spotted in Schoolcraft.

WHY? What is your best guess?

Venus's father was asleep and stated he was annoyed because the children were being so loud they woke him up.

Why didn't Venus give the letter to her mother to mail?

Why didn't Venus put the letter in the mail box before her mother left for work?

Why didn't Venus wait until her father woke up to mail the letter?

Why did Venus leave the children in the house, while her father was asleep, to mail the letter?

Why didn't Venus take the children with her to the mail box?

What time does the mail carrier routinely pick up mail at Venus's parent's home?

How many feet/yards is it to the mail box from the house?

Where is the letter Venus supposedly tried to mail?

PLEASE don't respond with "Only Venus knows".

The mailbox is 80 feet from the house. That's the only question I can answer.

WHY? What is your best guess?

Venus's father was asleep and stated he was annoyed because the children were being so loud they woke him up.

Why didn't Venus give the letter to her mother to mail?

Why didn't Venus put the letter in the mail box before her mother left for work?

Why didn't Venus wait until her father woke up to mail the letter?

Why did Venus leave the children in the house, while her father was asleep, to mail the letter?

Why didn't Venus take the children with her to the mail box?

What time does the mail carrier routinely pick up mail at Venus's parent's home?

How many feet/yards is it to the mail box from the house?

Where is the letter Venus supposedly tried to mail?

PLEASE don't respond with "Only Venus knows".

bbm
The parents were on NG and asked the same question. Why didn't she wait till her father was up.

It's not completely meaningless, because it leaves the door open that someone else would have a very good reason to be in possession of keys to this truck. Plus he was not in the vehicle when it was located, it was found a few blocks from his apartment building. We don't know the circumstances behind how it arrived at that location or who's possession it was in prior to it arriving there. If my spouse and i own a bicycle and we both ride it from time to time and someone takes it from my garage and it's found 2 blocks away at a park, am I in possession of it?

No, but it is still your possession no matter where it is!​

My guess is the children were still in bed and she did not think she was in moment-by-moment danger...even if someone is fearful, putting a letter or bill in the mailbox may not seem dangerous; as far as she knew, the person she feared was several states away. Why should going out to the mailbox be a dangerous activity? And she may have still been writnig the letter and/or check she was planning to mail when her mother left. I don't think she was thinking of danger at this hour of the morning even if she was scared of DS. It's bright daylight, you aren't leaving your property-I don't recall reading that she never left the home at all since arriving, but I may have missed it. And why would she take the children? She wasn't leaving, she was stepping outside the house. JMO

I thought she went out to mail the letter and have a cigarette...which would explain why she didn't take her children with her or have her mother mail the letter...and another note, it's not like she was driving to the store while her father was sleeping, she was in the front yard!

My guess is the children were still in bed and she did not think she was in moment-by-moment danger...even if someone is fearful, putting a letter or bill in the mailbox may not seem dangerous; as far as she knew, the person she feared was several states away. Why should going out to the mailbox be a dangerous activity? And she may have still been writnig the letter and/or check she was planning to mail when her mother left. I don't think she was thinking of danger at this hour of the morning even if she was scared of DS. It's bright daylight, you aren't leaving your property-I don't recall reading that she never left the home at all since arriving, but I may have missed it. And why would she take the children? She wasn't leaving, she was stepping outside the house. JMO

bbm
THERESE MCCOMB, MOTHER OF MISSING MOM VENUS STEWART: Yes, that -- she got up out of bed, she had coffee with me, one of the girls was up early, gets up early, too.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/03/ng.01.html

We know one of the girls was up, per the NG transcripts.

bbm
THERESE MCCOMB, MOTHER OF MISSING MOM VENUS STEWART: Yes, that -- she got up out of bed, she had coffee with me, one of the girls was up early, gets up early, too.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/03/ng.01.html

We know one of the girls was up, per the NG transcripts.

Thank you, Ruby. If I recall correctly, the father was quoted as saying he was really annoyed because the children woke him up. I suspect it had been made very clear that Venus was to keep the children quiet in the mornings so her father could sleep, especially since it was revealed one of the girls was an early riser. Because of that, and if there had been a problem in the past with the father getting annoyed because of being awakened too early, one would think she would have taken the girl with her outside rather than leave her in the house to wake up the grouchy father and possibly the other sibling.

Do we know what time Venus's father was awakened because of the noisy children?

It was described as "late evening". Evening is the period of time around sunset. They didn't provide exact times, but the phrase "evening" tells us approximately when it must have happened.

I remember hearing VS's mother say on NG that DS usually called the children around 8 or 8:30 pm every nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcleavenger