Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 6 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason for him not to be, just commenting on her statement that people here haven't come to the conclusion he's responsible any faster than police did. I've not seen where police have said that. But then I may well have missed that.

I too have not seen LE say definitively that DS did it.

I haven't seen anyone on here say definitively that DS did it either.

I may have missed one or both.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/progress_made_in_venus_stewart.html

Risko said the FBI continues to have an “off-and-on” role in the Stewart investigation. He said federal authorities initially became involved when the investigation turned to Douglas Stewart’s vehicles that were located in Virginia.

If the FBI is involved, then I'm even less convinced about this whole case. If that's even possible.

How so, think? How does the FBI's involvement influence your thoughts on a case?

I vote for bad reporting, since it's not a direct quote from LE saying 'retrieve', but a reporter.

I also vote for bad reporting - actually irresponsible journalism - on DS purchasing the items from Walmart. This one is particularly bad, since, as we see over and over right here in this forum, people take what a reporter says as fact of which the reporter has first-hand knowledge, rather than what it is - a retelling of information, which, reporters being human beings, and some better in various ways than others, gets lost in translation.

It could be that LE told the first reporter that new info has come out that Venus was retrieving mail, rather than that it is thought she was depositing mail, and it could be that LE told the second reporter that they now have evidence that it was indeed DS who purchased the Walmart items, but (forgive the run-on sentence I'm on a roll with here :) ) I would think in either of those instances, the reporters would have used different wording, particularly the latter, since that would be a *BOMBSHELL!*

I congratulate anyone who made it through my run-ons. :)

If the reporter learned from law enforcement they had proof Doug purchased the shovel, hat, tarp and gloves from Walmart, that would have been the topic of the article and it would have been titled something to the effect of "Authorities confirm Walmart purchases made by missing Venus Stewart's husband".

How so, think? How does the FBI's involvement influence your thoughts on a case?

I feel that if the FBI and their considerable added resources are involved, and still, things appear to be "clear as mud" then this case could be in trouble. That's all.

Those people at Quantico know their trade, and it's in their own backyard, yet DS is in court in Michigan as a free man petitioning for custody of his children. Just me thinking out loud.

I believe the FBI is "called in" when a person crosses a state line to commit a crime. Would it be fair to assume the FBI is involved because it is believed Doug Stewart drove from Virginia to Michigan to abduct Venus?

The FBI have not been involved with the disappearance of Susan Powell, a 28-year-old mother who disappeared under suspicious circumstances from West Valley City, Utah on December 7, 2009 while her husband was away camping. Even though Susan has not been found and her husband moved to Puyallup, Washington several weeks after his wife disappeared, the FBI has not been involved.

If the reporter learned from law enforcement they had proof Doug purchased the shovel, hat, tarp and gloves from Walmart, that would have been the topic of the article and it would have been titled something to the effect of "Authorities confirm Walmart purchases made by missing Venus Stewart's husband".

Exactly - BOMBSHELL!

I feel that if the FBI and their considerable added resources are involved, and still, things appear to be "clear as mud" then this case could be in trouble. That's all.

Those people at Quantico know their trade, and it's in their own backyard, yet DS is in court in Michigan as a free man petitioning for custody of his children. Just me thinking out loud.

I agree those FBI folks are savvy.

And even with their involvement, MSP continues to name Doug as, specifically, the one and only Person of Interest.

Maybe the FBI guys decided to take a break on this one at the donut shop.

Or maybe the case is perfectly clear to them, and perfectly on track, and they're all doing their thang.

I agree those FBI folks are savvy.
Or maybe the case is perfectly clear to them, and perfectly on track, and they're all doing their thang.

A little bug here, a little bug there, here a bug, there a bug, everywhere a bug, bug!

A little wire here, a little wire there, here a wire, there a wire, everywhere a wire, wire!

A tracking device here, a tracking device there, here a device, there a device, everywhere a device, device!

A phone tap here, a phone tap there, here a tap, there a tap, everywhere a tap, tap!

In the morning, I'm going to role up three bags of potatoes in a tarp(135 lbs); tie it up; pick it up off the ground; throw it in a truck; drive a quarter mile behind a field; drag it twenty yards into the woods; dig a hole five feet long, two feet wide, and two feet deep; bury the thing;and drive back to road. I will then report the time it takes me. Maybe he didn't have time to do all this and return to Virginia.

In the morning, I'm going to role up three bags of potatoes in a tarp(135 lbs); tie it up; pick it up off the ground; throw it in a truck; drive a quarter mile behind a field; drag it twenty yards into the woods; dig a hole five feet long, two feet wide, and two feet deep; bury the thing;and drive back to road. I will then report the time it takes me. Maybe he didn't have time to do all this and return to Virginia.

Call up Doug Stewart and ask him if he has any good tips for you!
Don't forget to squat behind your truck first!

LOL, blackdog.

I'm not opposed to using a dead hog. This would also expose how bloody killing something is.

And what if he dug the grave prior to abducting Venus rather than after abducting Venus? That would effect the timeline and ruling the primary and only POI wouldn't it?

Are you the same ht, weight and do you have military experience?

I think we gotta have all things equal here if you are planning to test this theory.

JMO

While your at it, maybe you will want to also jump on your dad's tractor, and see how long it takes to just haul the bag out in the bucket, and punch a hole in the ground with that bucket and drop the sack of potatoes in. Just in case that's how he did it. (that probably takes less time) Keep in mind, when this all took place many farming fields in MI were already plowed, soft and easy access. Once planted, those fields wouldn't be disturbed for a very long time.

just sayin'... :whistle:

All of our timelines that were done early in the case showed that it could have been done.
We don't know where DS was between the purchase at Wal-Mart and the abduction.
I think it is quite possible he dug a hole somewhere in between Wal-Mart and VS's parents house on his way into Colon. After the abduction, he could have stopped back by and threw her in the hole and covered it. That would take much less time.

JMO - I think it's quite possible he did this in the timeframe.

I'm not opposed to using a dead hog. This would also expose how bloody killing something is.

This statement bothers me a bit. Not saying you said anything wrong, it just kinda bothers me a bit.

While your at it, maybe you will want to also jump on your dad's tractor, and see how long it takes to just haul the bag out in the bucket, and punch a hole in the ground with that bucket and drop the sack of potatoes in. Just in case that's how he did it. (that probably takes less time) Keep in mind, when this all took place many farming fields in MI were already plowed, soft and easy access. Once planted, those fields wouldn't be disturbed for a very long time.

I live hear; I know all about farm fields.

The tractor is hooked to a load of wood in his front yard right know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500