MI - Wife, mother, prison escapee Susan Lefevre caught after 32 years on the lam

Sounds like the first fiance who broke up with her in the early 80's is smart.

This for some reason (and maybe it shouldn't) reminds me of the case where a man shot a police officer 40 years ago, has been paroled since, but then the police officer died from an infection supposedly stemming from the 40 year old wound.

I'm torn as well on this case. On one hand...she broke the law. What message our we sending to criminals if they escape and we don't catch them until years later that we might let them go?

On the other hand...if she hasn't broken any laws since then, and has turned her life around, and is a contributing member to society, it seems to me we shouldn't waste our tax dollars re-imprisioning this person.

We would be sending the message that if you escape our justice system and turn your life around and contribute to society for years and years, we are glad about that. That's a good thing for everyone any way you slice it.

Additionally, the law should allow cases to be considered individually. In some instances, the hands of a Judge is tied, but in many matters, a Judge is given great leeway to consider all aspects of the case. This is as it should be.

The only reason we would jail this woman is because we want to see her punished.

We would be sending the message that if you escape our justice system and turn your life around and contribute to society for years and years, we are glad about that. That's a good thing for everyone any way you slice it.

Additionally, the law should allow cases to be considered individually. In some instances, the hands of a Judge is tied, but in many matters, a Judge is given great leeway to consider all aspects of the case. This is as it should be.

The only reason we would jail this woman is because we want to see her punished.

What she said. :clap:

Now, she would have had to be convicted of a crime 3 times to get that sentence. 3 strikes you're out. ( which I don't agree with either)

I thought I read in one article the husband didn't know about her past? Another article states she said he did know. I wonder who snitched on her. Couldn't he be charged for harboring a fugitive if he did know? I say let her go. Maybe the husband snitched:) Possible affair?

I thought I read in one article the husband didn't know about her past? Another article states she said he did know. I wonder who snitched on her. Couldn't he be charged for harboring a fugitive if he did know? I say let her go. Maybe the husband snitched:) Possible affair?

Me too!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike