GUILTY MI - Yolanda Reyes, 42, Walker, 24 April 2014

While no identification has been made, and authorities are not disclosing the gender of the individual, the reports suggest that the body might be that of Yolanda Reyes. The location also appears to be close to where Ms. Reyes was last seen. :(

Body found at Walker construction site

Christopher Zoladz, WZZM 11:46 a.m. EDT May 16, 2014

...The site is near the area where 40-year-old Yolanda Reyes disappeared. The Walker woman and mother of four was last seen April 24 at Neal Mast & Son Greenhouses, where she worked.

The greenhouse at 4 Mile Road and Bristol Avenue NW is one mile from the crime scene....

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/lo...dy-found-at-walker-construction-site/9170113/

I just drove by the scene where the body was found. It is a brand new subdivision with half of it still being worked on. Very eerie as it is only one mile from where I work.

Hopefully, some of the questions that I posed earlier will be answered over the next few days. I doubt that Yolanda went missing on her own, nor do I believe that the mother of four took her own life. I hope that there will be justice for Ms. Reyes and that someone is held accountable for her death. :rose:

Family members told body found in Walker is likely that of missing mother Yolanda Reyes

WALKER, MI -- Family members of missing woman Yolanda Reyes say they have learned from police a body found in Walker Friday morning is likely hers.

Magda Rodas stood nearby on May 16 as police investigated in the area of Three Mile Road and Bristol Avenue where a body was found in a construction site. She said Reyes' husband is her nephew. Family received word from police of the investigation.

Authorities are speaking with Reyes' husband...

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...ily_members_told_body_found.html#incart_river

Family members told body found in Walker is likely that of missing mother Yolanda Reyes

WALKER, MI -- Family members of missing woman Yolanda Reyes say they have learned from police a body found in Walker Friday morning is likely hers.

Magda Rodas stood nearby on May 16 as police investigated in the area of Three Mile Road and Bristol Avenue where a body was found in a construction site. She said Reyes' husband is her nephew. Family received word from police of the investigation.

Authorities are speaking with Reyes' husband...

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...ily_members_told_body_found.html#incart_river

Also from this link:

"Long said police could not find obvious signs of foul play, but noted that the body was covered in mud. A bulldozer had been leveling the ground, going back and forth in the area, after a small forest of scrub trees was earlier removed.

A cousin to the missing woman who spoke to police said investigators told her that clothing found matched clothing the victim was believed to have been wearing when she went missing."

After Reyes death, family ‘wants to know why’

Heather Walker

Updated: Friday, May 16, 2014, 11:24 pm

Published: Friday, May 16, 2014, 10:43 pm

WALKER, Mich. (WOOD) — Police are now saying someone killed the Walker mother who had been missing for several weeks.

Walker police believe the body found this morning on Bristol Ridge Drive between 3 Mile Road and I-96 is Berta Yolanda Reyes. They have called the cause of death as ‘Death by homicidal means’.

No one is being called a suspect at this time, but police and family confirm that Reyes’s husband was brought to talk to the Walker Police Department Friday. He’s since been released...

http://woodtv.com/2014/05/16/after-reyes-death-family-wants-to-know-why/

Police: Woman found dead believed to be missing mother, death investigated as homicide

WALKER, MI -- Walker police believe a body found Friday is likely that of Yolanda Reyes, a mother of four missing since late April, and detectives are investigating the death as a homicide.

An autopsy conducted Friday, May 16, determined the woman, who has not been positively identified as Reyes, died "by homicidal means." No additional information is available at this time, police said.

Excavators in the area of Three Mile Road and Bristol Avenue NW called police about 8 a.m. Friday after they discovered the body while moving dirt in the development near Bristol Ridge subdivision. A bulldozer had been leveling the ground after a small patch of scrub trees was earlier removed...

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...e+Grand+Rapids+Press+Latest+News+|+MLive.com)

Just read thru the thread, this is so sad. 4 kids lost their mom.
Rest in Peace Yolanda. I hope there is justice for your and your kids.
Con paz estes.

This is so sad. Rest in peace Yolanda.
I have this feeling that her side of the family does not put much faith in Yolanda's husband.
I hope she finds justice soon.

This is so sad. Rest in peace Yolanda.
I have this feeling that her side of the family does not put much faith in Yolanda's husband.
I hope she finds justice soon.

I wonder what the family is discussing out of the husband's presence? Do they suspect him? How about Yolanda's children? What's it been like for them since their mother disappeared and has now been found deceased? My thoughts and prayers are with those who loved this woman. Like the relatives, I, too, want to know "Why?"

This article has back story re: the disappearance and search efforts, along with a timeline.

News/Crime & Courts

Missing mother Berta Yolanda Reyes of Grand Rapids, Mich. found

May 16, 2014

Wood 8-TV is reporting today that the body of a woman found at a construction site in Walker may be that of a Guatemalan mother and wife who disappeared from Grand Rapids, Mich., last month. Police believe they have identified the body as that of 42-year-old Berta Yolanda Reyes of Walker, Michigan officials say. Family members who arrived at the construction site say that the clothes found at the scene were the last clothes that Berta Yolanda Reyes was last seen wearing...

...Berta Yolanda Reyes disappearance and murder timeline: According to Berta Yolanda Reyes' husband, he drops her off at work at 5:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 24. When her son returns to pick her up that evening at around 5:30 p.m., Yolanda Reyes is no where to be found. A missing person's report is filed by the family between 1:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. on Friday, April 25.

Police activate a canine search for the missing woman the same day. Family and friends hold a vigil for the Grand Rapids Latina on Saturday, April 26. The police investigation goes cold. On Friday, May 16, workers mowing the land at a Walker construction site find a body. According to medical examiners, the death is considered a homicide. Walker investigators are still waiting for more information from the medical examiners to make an exact identification...

http://www.examiner.com/article/missing-mother-yolanda-berta-reyes-of-grand-rapids-mich-found

I was thinking about the time that Yolanda was allegedly dropped off at the greenhouse where she worked. I'm about 150 miles west of the metropolitan Grand Rapids area, and at 5:30AM it is still dark here. Daylight is usually @6:15AM. Farther west, it's probably a little later, but it was most certainly dark at 5:30 when Yolanda was reportedly dropped off by her husband.

I can't seem to find hours of operation for Neal Mast & Sons. Since this is primarily a wholesale outlet, the hours might not be similar to a retail greenhouse. Can any locals provide information about shifts at the greenhouse and why Yolanda would have been dropped off for work so early? Would other employees have been there at that time? What kind of shifts do employees work?

Is the parking lot and greenhouse exterior well-lit at 5:30 in the morning? Were there cars in the parking lot? If there aren't surveillance cameras, did anyone besides Yolanda's husband see her being dropped off? If no other employees saw Ms. Reyes throughout the day, it's probably safe to say that she was never inside the building. I tend to think that Yolanda was never at the greenhouse that morning. :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back