MI MI - Zyia Turner, 17 mos, Detroit, 29 June 2012

I had no clue that cockroaches could bite!! ick

I hope all the children are removed from the home were the baby died and are taken to a cleaner, safer place. There are probably a lot of young children in Detroit living in similar conditions. Its very sad. This little girl was so pretty and looked very sweet. Another child that didn't get to grow up in Detroit.

Police search for answers in Detroit girl's death

1-year-old girl was found dead in family's home

Published On: Jun 30 2012 11:37:42 PM EDT Updated On: Jul 02 2012 05:48:08 PM EDT

Police continue investigation into Detroit toddler's death
DETROIT -
Police are questioning several people in the death of a 1-year-old from Detroit who was found dead inside a closest of her family's home.

Meantime, Zyia Turner’s grandmother believes her death was an accident...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ath/-/4714498/15362410/-/jjfn39z/-/index.html

why isn't anyone saying the COD-the ME should be done by now..

White foam is caused by the mixture of mucus with oxygen when a person is trying to breathe. Most likely, this child died from asphyxiation. It's cold during the winter months in Detroit. There were probably coats hanging in the closet. Coats are heavy and don't hang well. My guess is that they fell on top of the child.

White foam is caused by the mixture of mucus with oxygen when a person is trying to breathe. Most likely, this child died from asphyxiation. It's cold during the winter months in Detroit. There were probably coats hanging in the closet. Coats are heavy and don't hang well. My guess is that they fell on top of the child.

I agree with this possible scenario. The house does not sound like it was kept well, and with that many people living there, lots of stuff probably. I really believe it was an accident.

Too many people, too much stuff, and not enough attention given to the children. Too many things can happen if no one is paying attention.

If a one year old is missing and you were watching them wouldnt you check the closets? Even more so if there was evidence of stuff that had fallen?

How does a 1 year old even open a closet ? Could she reach it? Did another kid put her in there?

I dont know if I believe it was an accident or not. I am very conflicted over it. I want to to be an accident but if it wasnt and she was murdered by the pile of clothes on purpose how would they ever prove that?

I dont know how her poor mother will ever feel confident with any explaination over her Ziya's death. I hope there is information coming soon that helps us all understand.

If a one year old is missing and you were watching them wouldnt you check the closets? Even more so if there was evidence of stuff that had fallen?

How does a 1 year old even open a closet ? Could she reach it? Did another kid put her in there?

I dont know if I believe it was an accident or not. I am very conflicted over it. I want to to be an accident but if it wasnt and she was murdered by the pile of clothes on purpose how would they ever prove that?

I dont know how her poor mother will ever feel confident with any explaination over her Ziya's death. I hope there is information coming soon that helps us all understand.

I wonder how she ended up in the closet as well. My DD, as a toddler, used to like to go and sleep in our big bedroom closet with the kitty, but the doors were swinging shutters, not the kind that closed tightly, or slid. I would like to know more about this closet, and what kind of doors were on there.

I hope she wasn't put there as a punishment.

I am only going by a video i saw on Detroit news. The Father was standing on the porch and angry. Due to his accent i could not make out exactly what he was saying. What i could catch he didn't believe this to be an accident and said something about Ziya being wrapped in a blanket???? Anyone else catch this?

While it seems a bit incongruous in a home that is so unkempt, maybe there were moth balls/cakes in the closet to protect winter garments. I store our woolen apparel during the summer in plastic garment bags with some type of moth protection.

The package that I have has a list of safety warnings and first aid measures. Not saying that this is what happened to little Ziya, but the mention of coats made me think of the possibility that the child ingested moth balls that are extremely toxic. :moo:

I want her death to be an accident to-I am thinking she got in the closet & someone shut the door not knowing she was in there & she died due to it being so hot-I thought I read BetteDavis say its been very hot there in D

I want her death to be an accident to-I am thinking she got in the closet & someone shut the door not knowing she was in there & she died due to it being so hot-I thought I read BetteDavis say its been very hot there in D

Ya got that right :D We've had almost two weeks of 90*+ temperatures with no end in sight. Finally got some much-needed rain, but heavy downpours, high winds, and lightning caused fires and other serious damage in metro-Detroit. Lots of folks without power.

I baked a fruit crumble last night and have my baked beans in the oven now so that I don't have to be heating them this afternoon when it's really steamy. Whatever you'll be doing today, I hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July celebration with family and friends.

:happy4th:

Zyia's father Emmanuel Turner says his brother was watching several children Friday and reported Zyia missing.
A police dog found the body in the closet several hours later.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/07/funeral_monday_for_detroit_gir.html

If it took the police dog to find her, she might have been buried under clothing or laundry. I have to imagine that before the p9lice dog searched, somebody, probably a few people, already looked inside that closet for the baby. JMO

I am only going by a video i saw on Detroit news. The Father was standing on the porch and angry. Due to his accent i could not make out exactly what he was saying. What i could catch he didn't believe this to be an accident and said something about Ziya being wrapped in a blanket???? Anyone else catch this?

The report was bleeping words like crazy, but I caught the bit about her being wrapped in a white towel/blanket. I also believe he said she was naked, but I didn't hear it because of the bleeping....just the content. JMO

When a child is missing you search every inch of every space....and move mountains.....just not a few clothes. imo The closet prolly doesn't have a door to be closed. What deploriable conditions for any child to be raised in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back