Michael Rafferty Appeal?

Hi everyone :) Thinking good thoughts about Tori, even with that date just around the corner. Each time I think of Tori, my heart breaks, but then I am happy because I think Tori would want us to be happy and she would want us to celebrate spring with a light heart, and in her honour because she loved the new flowers and animals and all those things are happy things :)

I guess the fact we did not get news of that 's appeal is good news uh? *crossing my fingers*

Hi Snoofer!! Nice to see you again :)

I thought I read somewhere here on WS back a while ago that he would have to pay for the appeal out of his own pocket? I would have to go back and dig through the posts again and don't have time at the moment. Maybe I am wrong.

I'm sure I read the same Nettie.

I asked a lawyer friend about the extension for the appeal and she said that extensions are quite often granted when the accused is in the penitentiary but it doesn't mean that the appeal will be granted just because the time extension was given. Hope she's right.

S'the way I understood it as well Max. Often prisoners don't have access to phones, etc. So they often get granted an extension and that is all this was, a application to grant an extension. :) So he's still got some big hurdles to jump, hope he jumps high enough into outer space and we never see him again.

4 years ago this sexual deviant enlisted the help of a messed up violent gang banger wannabe to abduct a little girl for him to rape. Tori became that victim. You are not forgotten sweet angel. Your last walk of freedom will be forever etched in my mind. To MR: enjoy your forever home. Your freedom is also gone. You deserve it.

4 years ago this sexual deviant enlisted the help of a messed up violent gang banger wannabe to abduct a little girl for him to rape. Tori became that victim. You are not forgotten sweet angel. Your last walk of freedom will be forever etched in my mind. To MR: enjoy your forever home. Your freedom is also gone. You deserve it.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Rest in peace little one, you will never be forgotten.

Rest in peace, Victoria.

We will always remember you. Xxoo

Remembering you today and always sweet Angel. Heaven gained a beautiful Angel four years ago today. I think of you often and know you are at peace. You will never be forgotten by so many who loved you and those who didn't have the privileged of personally knowing you in your short life here on earth.

We will see to it, the two evil monsters who took your life will serve eternity in hell.

To Tori's loved ones, may your hearts be filled with happy memories of Tori on this day. Do not let the horrible thoughts of her demise overshadow the joy she brought into your lives. Celebrate her today and always. Much love sent your way today and always.

Well folks... He was DENIED Legal Aide but still has a chance at the appeal if he can find someone to represent him! Why isn't this dead already? Grrrr

Glad he was denied legal aid, I hope he is suffering.

Glad to hear that he was denied legal aid.

I know the appeals process can be standard in life sentences - but harrowing, none the less.

No matter what happens - The memory of a little girl I never met just lives in my heart.

Thoughts, warmth and every good thing to her family.

Well folks... He was DENIED Legal Aide but still has a chance at the appeal if he can find someone to represent him! Why isn't this dead already? Grrrr

Thank you Gingyz for the great news on the being denied legal aid. :floorlaugh: :clap:

We have wasted enough money on this GOOF! Now let's hope his appeal is also denied. Praying no one will take on his appeal "if" he is not denied on his appeal. I just cannot see anyone representing him pro bono knowing he's guilty of abduction, sexual assault causing bodily harm and murder. Who would be that stupid?! The loser had no money because he lived off the income of others. Who in their right mind would put out money for this in a no win appeal. He makes me sick to think he has a chance of winning. Bad enough the system has to house and feed this useless monster for the rest of his pathetic life. Maybe if we're lucky he won't live long. MOO

Hi GingyzGirl8,

Thank you for posting this update :) That's a great step in the right direction and I think a good sign for his appeal being denied :).

I am praying every day that he doesn't get it.

Thank you Gingyz for the great news on the being denied legal aid. :floorlaugh: :clap:

We have wasted enough money on this GOOF! Now let's hope his appeal is also denied. Praying no one will take on his appeal "if" he is not denied on his appeal. I just cannot see anyone representing him pro bono knowing he's guilty of abduction, sexual assault causing bodily harm and murder. Who would be that stupid?! The loser had no money because he lived off the income of others. Who in their right mind would put out money for this in a no win appeal. He makes me sick to think he has a chance of winning. Bad enough the system has to house and feed this useless monster for the rest of his pathetic life. Maybe if we're lucky he won't live long. MOO

Swedie, I don't think he will get it, please do not make yourself sick thinking about it. I don't know anything mor than you all, but I do trust my feelings and I feel that the t*rd will not get an appeal. Having been denied legal aid is a good sign in my opinion :)

Swedie, I don't think he will get it, please do not make yourself sick thinking about it. I don't know anything mor than you all, but I do trust my feelings and I feel that the t*rd will not get an appeal. Having been denied legal aid is a good sign in my opinion :)

Thank you for your concern Kitty. No I don't make myself sick thinking about it, but it makes me mad to think this thinks he so righteous and has a chance and continues to torment Tori's loved ones this way. Society has absolutely no use (for better lack of a word) for monsters like this. He's a waste of skin and money. And I very much agree as I said, who in their right mind would put out one red cent to fight the appeal on his behalf, on the lame excuses he is using for his appeal. He is a sexual deviant murderer and the evidence proved it IMO and 12 others decisions (jurors). He is not going anywhere so he needs to suck it up and enjoy his new home. :moo:

Regardless of what happens with his appeal - I think we can be steadfast in believing that there is no possible way he could win. There was never a question of his involvement - not from the first day of his arrest - and not now. He's only claiming that the jury didn't "understand" what they were supposed to decide on. Not that they reached the incorrect conclusion.

I do believe the jury were quite well aware of what this monster did and understood very well what their decision was based on.

1 year ago today we got the verdict!! - GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY!!
This appeal, just like this absolutely complete , is going no where.

MURDER: Denied legal aid, convicted killer tries new route
Convicted child killer Michael Rafferty hoping taxpayers bankroll lawyer for appeal

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/05/17/rafferty-hoping-taxpayers-bankroll-lawyer-for-appeal

I DON'T THINK SO!!! :stormingmad:

If the is having to go that route, it means no one wants his case on pro bono. Legal Aid was denied him because the board deemed his appeal would have no chance of success. Hah!

"In other words, Legal Aid Ontario handicaps the chances of success and, in Rafferty’s case, didn’t like those chances."

I'm going 'heeheehee' inside. In the interest of justice for Victoria, this is exactly where he belongs. I would be so angry if I had to pay for this 's trial.

From the same article posted by Peekaboo.

You are truly a joke MR you MONSTER. MOO

That’s forcing more accused people to go the route of Section 684, which killer Paul Bernardo used to get a lawyer for his appeal, Burstein said.

That section says a lawyer may be hired “where, in the opinion of the court or judge, it appears desirable in the interests of justice that the accused should have legal assistance and where it appears that the accused has not sufficient means to obtain that assistance.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Michael Rafferty’s attempt to use Section 684 of the Criminal Code of Canada to get a free lawyer will be heard June 10, a Court of Appeal spokesperson says.

At that hearing, it may be decided if a lawyer should first make a limited 684 application — basically a preliminary assessment to see if Rafferty qualifies for a free lawyer.

The Crown would then decide to oppose or accept that limited 684 application.

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/05/17/rafferty-hoping-taxpayers-bankroll-lawyer-for-appeal

Sept. 21, 2000
The Supreme Court of Canada denies Bernardo's leave to appeal his murder convictions.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/06/16/f-bernardo-homolka-timeline.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back