Michelle Young: Pregnant Mom, NC. part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
jilly said:
I'm thinking about what happens when I check into a hotel and pay by credit card - even when I do this the hotel staff slides a statement under my door in the early hours of the morning even if I haven't made any additional charges like renting a movie or something. If he checked in and back out within a short time then that statement would have been left behind. That could certainly indicate he didn't stay the nite.

This is the procedure at the Marriott Courtyard and many major hotels that I've stayed at.

By the way RC hope you had a great Christmas and I wish everyone a very Happy and Healthy New Year!!
Lets hope if this was the way it was where he supposedly stayed, someone recalls the receipt being left in the room, if it happened. I have a feeling it may be something this simple that will help to trip him up.

Jilly I did have a really good Christmas - I hope you did as well, and join you in wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year !

fran said:
As in any case, LE had immediate access to the victim's family, (ie husband), in order to judge their initial response, where as we the public don't have this.

During the SP investigation, prior to his arrest, we tried to figure out how fast MPD took to realize SP was a viable suspect. We figured at least within the first two hours as that's when they called in the detectives, when normally on a missing persons case they don't do that for 72 hours. We even theorized they may have suspected him within the first 45 minutes or so.

IMO, LE considered JY a SUSPECT within fifteen minutes of meeting him. I don't know all that was said, but it's clear that he left the scene within minutes to 'lawyer up.' The minute they seized his car he was outta there and hasn't spoken to LE again, that we know of.

This was his house, with his wife lying dead inside. No signs of forst entry, no SIGNS of anything missing, yet how would LE know nothing was missing,......unless the HUSBAND, who also lived their, inspect the premises?

JMHO
fran

Remember the police officer that said Scott went outside and threw something on the ground (was it a flashlight?) or swore or something ... I think it was something that wasn't included in the notes and was controversial in the trial. That and explaining away the squished up matt by the kitchen door were probably what triggered the suspicion onto Scott ... unfortunately not enough suspicion to suspect that he was lying when he said the lights at the warehouse didn't work.

I was thinking some more about Jason lawyering up so fast. The fact that he had a criminal lawyer all picked out is a problem as well. I've been divorced and I know that suddenly needing a lawyer takes time. It's not like people know who is who in the world of lawyers or that they are even that easy to get hold of when one is needed. There's always the initial meeting where clients have to see if the lawyer is a good match and so on. I get the impression that Jason had done all his "lawyer picking" homework in advance.

otto said:
I was thinking some more about Jason lawyering up so fast. The fact that he had a criminal lawyer all picked out is a problem as well. I've been divorced and I know that suddenly needing a lawyer takes time. It's not like people know who is who in the world of lawyers or that they are even that easy to get hold of when one is needed. There's always the initial meeting where clients have to see if the lawyer is a good match and so on. I get the impression that Jason had done all his "lawyer picking" homework in advance.
I'm thinking that is odd also, but is it possible that his family had 'connections' and could get this attorney for him on short notice? :confused:

Hi Otto, I'm thinking JY's step-father either knew or had connections to the Smith lawfirm, and he knew JY and probably figured he was going to need the best. By then he'd probably heard the horror stories of Cassidy tripsing blood everywhere throughout the house, Cassidy left alone in the house and the other side of the family involved in discovering the body7 - too much to be a simple affair.

I also don't think the murderer planned on such a bloody scene being left. I'm sure the killer paroused the scene before he ran down the stairs and was amazed at the mess at hand!

Scandi

There's a case right now in the crime forum where a Dr. Rob who is a college professor and in his 50's is suspected of killing his wife in a very similar manner. Possibly a pipe was used and she was hit in the face. They've checked the area for the weapon and clothes and the DA has gone on record saying they believe a break in was staged.

I too thought the manner MY was killed was particularly gruesome but understandable if a fight had occurred that initiated the rage in the first place. I can also envision an attempted strangulation wherein Michele grabbed an object in an attempt to defend herself and it was used on her.

scandi said:
Hi Otto, I'm thinking JY's step-father either knew or had connections to the Smith lawfirm, and he knew JY and probably figured he was going to need the best. By then he'd probably heard the horror stories of Cassidy tripsing blood everywhere throughout the house, Cassidy left alone in the house and the other side of the family involved in discovering the body7 - too much to be a simple affair.

I also don't think the murderer planned on such a bloody scene being left. I'm sure the killer paroused the scene before he ran down the stairs and was amazed at the mess at hand!

Scandi

Hi Scandi, keeping in mind that Jason's stepfather lived 5 hours away, it seems a little unusual but he may have known who to contact. I could barely recommend a lawyer in my city of a million but I wouldn't have a clue who to recommend even in the next town. Even reading about murders in other places, the lawyers names don't register with me - but others may be different, especially if their profession is somehow connected. Maybe the name was fresh in their minds because of the Duke "rape" case.

strach304 said:
There's a case right now in the crime forum where a Dr. Rob who is a college professor and in his 50's is suspected of killing his wife in a very similar manner. Possibly a pipe was used and she was hit in the face. They've checked the area for the weapon and clothes and the DA has gone on record saying they believe a break in was staged.

I too thought the manner MY was killed was particularly gruesome but understandable if a fight had occurred that initiated the rage in the first place. I can also envision an attempted strangulation wherein Michele grabbed an object in an attempt to defend herself and it was used on her.
Strach,

What do you think the odds are, if this was first a verbal confrontation that spun horribly out of control, that the murderer would have gotten away and managed to cover their tracks so well as to avoid an arrest to this point?

I am talking JY as at this point the search warrants verify he is indeed a person of interest and the Sheriff has said he would be lying if he said JY was not a POI (this was said in the Dec 07 WRAL report about the search warrants). If a person was not thinking murder to start with - how could they possibly cover their tracks as well as JY has ? There must be something to this as he is still sitting in Brevard IMO.

I am falling off that fence concerning fight -vs- premeditation - very quickly.

raisincharlie said:
Strach,

What do you think the odds are, if this was first a verbal confrontation that spun horribly out of control, that the murderer would have gotten away and managed to cover their tracks so well as to avoid an arrest to this point?

I am talking JY as at this point the search warrants verify he is indeed a person of interest and the Sheriff has said he would be lying if he said JY was not a POI (this was said in the Dec 07 WRAL report about the search warrants). If a person was not thinking murder to start with - how could they possibly cover their tracks as well as JY has ? There must be something to this as he is still sitting in Brevard IMO.

I am falling off that fence concerning fight -vs- premeditation - very quickly.

I'm very much in favour of the premeditation theory. Either Jason is one lucky dude, or this was seriously over-planned. He has witnesses to see him leave for a meeting that doesn't take place until the next day - even though he could have just as easily have left early the next morning. He has an alibi for when she is murdered. He, completely out of character, asks Meredith to go to the house when his wife is lying dead in the bedroom and his daughter needs someone to look after her. He has a little vacation planned to visit mom for no reason when he could just as easily have taken his family with him or better yet, helped his pregnant wife around the house and kept his family company, thus ensuring that he is not the person to find the body. He has his family with him when he first meets the police so there's lots of support and someone to whisk Cassidy away while he consults with a lawyer. His family is ready to step up to the plate and tell the world how he fell to his knees with grief when he first heard the news.

If this was a spur of the moment murder, Jason wouldn't be looking so innocent right now - and I only mean that in terms of evidence.

otto said:
I'm very much in favour of the premeditation theory. Either Jason is one lucky dude, or this was seriously over-planned. He has witnesses to see him leave for a meeting that doesn't take place until the next day - even though he could have just as easily have left early the next morning. He has an alibi for when she is murdered. He, completely out of character, asks Meredith to go to the house when his wife is lying dead in the bedroom and his daughter needs someone to look after her. He has a little vacation planned to visit mom for no reason when he could just as easily have taken his family with him or better yet, helped his pregnant wife around the house and kept his family company, thus ensuring that he is not the person to find the body. He has his family with him when he first meets the police so there's lots of support and someone to whisk Cassidy away while he consults with a lawyer. His family is ready to step up to the plate and tell the world how he fell to his knees with grief when he first heard the news.

If this was a spur of the moment murder, Jason wouldn't be looking so innocent right now - and I only mean that in terms of evidence.
I agree - I just can't think of anyway possible that a spur of the moment murder could have all the loose ends covered over so efficiently. There is no mystery as to who the police and even the press suspect. There has got to be something he missed, I think, maybe wishfully. JMO

ETA - I'm hoping that lap top shows something since he did not have time to get it out of the SUV. I'm hoping he failed to realize that SUV would be impounded the second it hit Raleigh.

I'm thinking there is something LE doesn't want out in the public eye right now re: that warrant on the lap top that came back on the 22nd of
Dec. A full week has gone by and it isn't up like the others were. That says a lot to me.

Charlie, do you remember when they put those other warrants on line and how many days it had been since they had come back. That might give us a reference point.

Otto, I have always had a bit of a curiosity about JY's step father. He was so crusty from the get go, much more so than the average father a couple of days into a childs legal dilema. Wonder what he did in life, military, lawyer? I wonder if he liked JY and have often wondered realizing the crime his son is a POI in, how does he deal with JY. Is he mean to him, or arrogant around him? He sounds like an ultra conservative and that might not bode well living with a man the police favor as the one who splattered his wifes blood and brains over their bed and left his own child to wander aimlessly around her for hours.

Scandi

scandi said:
I'm thinking there is something LE doesn't want out in the public eye right now re: that warrant on the lap top that came back on the 22nd of
Dec. A full week has gone by and it isn't up like the others were. That says a lot to me.

Charlie, do you remember when they put those other warrants on line and how many days it had been since they had come back. That might give us a reference point.

Otto, I have always had a bit of a curiosity about JY's step father. He was so crusty from the get go, much more so than the average father a couple of days into a childs legal dilema. Wonder what he did in life, military, lawyer? I wonder if he liked JY and have often wondered realizing the crime his son is a POI in, how does he deal with JY. Is he mean to him, or arrogant around him? He sounds like an ultra conservative and that might not bode well living with a man the police favor as the one who splattered his wifes blood and brains over their bed and left his own child to wander aimlessly around her for hours.

Scandi
Scandi,

The first set of warrants were released on 6 December and linked at the N & O and at WRAL on December 7th - one day after they were returned.

What I have wondered about the step father and the attitude was what if JY's trip to Brevard was not planned. What if JY called that morning and said he was coming down for a visit - then the next thing this guy knows is MY is found murdered - and JY is on his way to Brevard - I can see pops looking for a lawyer before JY even arrived. Not saying it happened but I have always had trouble believing this trip to Brevard was made because he was going to be in the area for work, stay over night with a big football game on a Saturday to boot. This visit to me has always been suspicious JMO.

RaisinCharlie,

I think the NCSU Saturday game (homecoming, wasn't it?) may very well play into this yet.

Wonder IF Jason attended? I heard early on that he had season tickets. IF he didn't attend, wonder when he parted with those little gems?

Cheers!

I just posted a new link re the laptop in the media links section.

This one is more clearly written than others :)

RC if you recall I said the very same thing some time ago about the trip to his parents but without any confirmation of that it's still speculation. Nothing about the trip to his parents makes any sense any way you spin it thus I believe he had just called that morning saying he'd be visiting because his business trip put him in the area. It actually didn't but that news report where it originated came from somewhere and very coincidental that the lawyer followed. I don't think his parents are gonna talk and admit it was a spur of the moment thing because it's incriminating to Jason and they know it.

I've said before some aspects look premeditated whereas others don't but just from what we know I can see where it could all tie in to cover up after the fact or the decision to do what he did came from that 11 o'clock phone call. The hold up could simply be forensics. Possibly he lucked out by noone seeing him return to the home. SP placed himself at Berkely just in case someone saw him. It wasn't unusual for Jason to be traveling for business. The fax seems like a ruse to have the body found and a dumb idea at that. If planned was that the best he could do? Le may have tons of evidence but what if they are waiting on forensics from the hotel Jason stayed at because they believe Michele's blood was there? That would be a smoking gun in the same way that Laci's body washed up near Berkely. No matter what that's something the jury won't get around for reasonable doubt imo.

My point of view is this; anything they put together from the computer and phone calls etc. proving he had an affair or affairs don't prove he killed Michele but they do prove motive. Any possibility of something else directly related to the crime like SP researching tide info not likely. They need something that places him there at the time of death. Then there's the forensics problem with this case as well. Finding his dna in the house is to be expected unlike say Laci's hair in the pliars of a boat she'd never been on. LE hasn't been showing his pic all over the news looking for witnesses that may have seen him which I find odd.

5bigfish5 said:
RaisinCharlie,

I think the NCSU Saturday game (homecoming, wasn't it?) may very well play into this yet.

Wonder IF Jason attended? I heard early on that he had season tickets. IF he didn't attend, wonder when he parted with those little gems?

Cheers!

By then he already knew his wife was dead so I'm gonna say I don't think he attended. :D

strach304 said:
By then he already knew his wife was dead so I'm gonna say I don't think he attended. :D
Hi Strach304,

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he attended the game either. I would just like to know what he did with the tickets.

For instance, was he st00pid enough to sell them ahead of time?

Cheers!

raisincharlie said:
Scandi,

The first set of warrants were released on 6 December and linked at the N & O and at WRAL on December 7th - one day after they were returned.

What I have wondered about the step father and the attitude was what if JY's trip to Brevard was not planned. What if JY called that morning and said he was coming down for a visit - then the next thing this guy knows is MY is found murdered - and JY is on his way to Brevard - I can see pops looking for a lawyer before JY even arrived. Not saying it happened but I have always had trouble believing this trip to Brevard was made because he was going to be in the area for work, stay over night with a big football game on a Saturday to boot. This visit to me has always been suspicious JMO.
I agree with you. Exacty when JY retained an attorney sure
would be an interesting item to know. Unfortunately, I don't think that kind
of information would be deemed relevant if and when there is a trial.

During the Scott Peterson murder case, I always wondered exactly when
Ma and Pa Peterson arrived in Modesto. Especially after Ann's book came
out and she described a very hasty departure from their home in San Diego.
I always suspected they arrived during the night and retained an attorney
for Scott very early on. I will never know for sure though.......

raisincharlie said:
I agree - I just can't think of anyway possible that a spur of the moment murder could have all the loose ends covered over so efficiently. There is no mystery as to who the police and even the press suspect. There has got to be something he missed, I think, maybe wishfully. JMO

ETA - I'm hoping that lap top shows something since he did not have time to get it out of the SUV. I'm hoping he failed to realize that SUV would be impounded the second it hit Raleigh.

If he's smart with technology (and I think he is), he may have it all under control. I have a work laptop and a home computer that are always side by side on my desk. I don't do anything on the work laptop that couldn't be called work. I don't surf the net except news and work related, don't touch personal email, have never gone anywhere near a forum using work equipment ... all because someone has the right to look through the computer anytime they like. Jason would probably be that careful so I don't think the work laptop will be anything important. I think the company objected to the search of the laptop and that is why the warrant took so long (they have sensitive medical file information and copyright software on the machine). If he had a personal laptop with him, that would be different, but why would he take that with him? I'm still thinking about the harddrive that was collected. I think that Jason may have cleaned everything out of the computer history, including replacing the harddrive, to cover his tracks in advance, but if the police found a removed harddrive, that's where they'll find something.

otto said:
If he's smart with technology (and I think he is), he may have it all under control. I have a work laptop and a home computer that are always side by side on my desk. I don't do anything on the work laptop that couldn't be called work. I don't surf the net except news and work related, don't touch personal email, have never gone anywhere near a forum using work equipment ... all because someone has the right to look through the computer anytime they like. Jason would probably be that careful so I don't think the work laptop will be anything important. I think the company objected to the search of the laptop and that is why the warrant took so long (they have sensitive medical file information and copyright software on the machine). If he had a personal laptop with him, that would be different, but why would he take that with him? I'm still thinking about the harddrive that was collected. I think that Jason may have cleaned everything out of the computer history, including replacing the harddrive, to cover his tracks in advance, but if the police found a removed harddrive, that's where they'll find something.
All I can say is JY travelled 3 to 4 days a week - if he was in contact with MM on a daily basis either by phone or through email - he was using some computer while he was traveling. Since he was traveling the night MY was murdered, it seems reasonable he would have that computer with him IMO.

As for a secondary drive - none of the warrants to date note a secondary drive from the home being examined, only one. Not to say there isn't one - just saying the warrant for one, if it exists, has not been returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500