Miep Gies, Protector of Anne Frank, Dies at 100

Miep Gies, the last survivor among Anne Frank’s protectors and the woman who preserved the diary that endures as a testament to the human spirit in the face of unfathomable evil, died Monday night, the Anne Frank Museum in Amsterdam said. She was 100.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/world/europe/12gies.html

RIP Miep.
It's very hard to type when you have tears flowing down your face.
Thank You so much for posting this. I had read it and meant to put it her, and forgot. (absent minded me) So thank you BIG ((((( HUG ))))))

REST IN PEACE MIEP GIES :beats:
You gave the world a rare inspiration, along with a history that we must never forget.
I am sure the gates of heaven opened wide to embrace you special lady.
You will be amongst a few as brave, as courageous, as great as you. :blowkiss: Your heart was pure and big. :)

My entire family read Anna Frank it was required reading, My parents too were survivors.
So you my dear hold a very special place in my heart, RIP.
Interesting that you died on 1-11. - interesting indeed.

RIP Miep! You were truly My Heroine! The Diary of Anne Frank was the first book I ever read. If we all could only have the love in our hearts that you had for Anne and her family this world would be a greater place. My father was in WWII and he was at Dachau the day it was liberated and he will never forget the hugs and smiles.

I'm a few days late in posting my respects, but they are no less for the time passed.

Thank you Mieps, for teaching us all the true meaning of courage...and by your acts, having us wonder if we too could be so brave.

RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back