Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #12

Her mom seems different to me too, almost cold. I have been thinking it's due to her military service though.
What Military Service?, Mary was not in the Military, he husband is and family members have been....................but not Mary!

Ok i'm shocked at Christine's picture. I figured she would at least be ''cute''..but wow not even kinda cute. Sorry but yeah she was obviously extremely jealous of Maria. Maria was adorable!

I thought she was very HOMELY looking. :eek: Sorry!:crazy:

I watched it. pretty interesting but not alot new. I thought the pic that they showed of CL was Maria?! I was confused. Sorry, but I thought she was cute. I have to mention something though, mods delete if this is in violation, but..... about Maria's mom. I'm sorry but after working for a couple of decades with a neurologist/psychiatrist I have gotten pretty good at judging certain people. Maria's mom, IMHO appears to have some sort of mental illness to me. I realize she is grieving, stressed, upset, etc, but there are certain mannerisms and facial expressions that she makes as well as the way that she talks that leads me to believe this. I think this would explain some of her derogatory comments about her daughter at the beginning. If she were a patient of ours, I could imagine my dr making what we call a "psych symbol" on her chart. Don't hate me, but I really thought it was weird. Anyway, it was a really good show, particularly for those who haven't followed this case like WS has. I sure was hoping that they would tell us something new though about what they thought went on in the house, or why Maria went there or why she was going to El Paso. They said was walking toward the internet cafe though when captured, I thought he was walking toward a phone booth?

i don't know about Mary being possibly mentally ill, but she didn't come across real good on the show, IMO......i don't trust anything she has to say about how the case was handled in the beginning.....

I don't see Mary as being mentally ill either. I see her as a little cold hearted or uncaring maybe..but then again it could be just the way she is you know not everybody wears their emotions on their sleeve.. I can't say how I would react if Maria were my daughter I can only IMAGINE how I would react. I would imagine I would be a blubbering mess & you would probably have to have me admitted to an insane asylum because I wouldn't be able to function..i'm just sayin..

I don't see Mary as being mentally ill either. I see her as a little cold hearted or uncaring maybe..but then again it could be just the way she is you know not everybody wears their emotions on their sleeve.. I can't say how I would react if Maria were my daughter I can only IMAGINE how I would react. I would imagine I would be a blubbering mess & you would probably have to have me admitted to an insane asylum because I wouldn't be able to function..i'm just sayin..

you're right sadie...not everybody wears their emotions on their sleeve....i agree that she comes across cold & uncaring though.....just a little too cool or something, imo.....

you're right sadie...not everybody wears their emotions on their sleeve....i agree that she comes across cold & uncaring though.....just a little too cool or something, imo.....
Mary is either 49 or 50 now, so she wasn't a kid when she adopted Maria and her sister Anne from within the family somewhere..........would be interesting to know the source. Years later she had her own biological children.

I think the girls were more than she she was equipped to handle, especially after both girls became pregnant within a short period of time of one another.

Mary felt, IMO, in the beginning that Maria had run off/deserted the Corps. I think her speculation was clear and she relayed her feeling to the Onslow Sheriff who on Nat'l TV at one point said "just come home", referring to Maria.

At no time did Mary ever refer to Maria's unborn child as her grandchild when Maria went missing, only as "the baby".

I strongly feel that Maria had led Mary & her Uncle Peter to believe she was putting the child up for adoption. I think that was the reason Mary had planned a trip to go see Maria to make sure everything had been handled.

Mary is either 49 or 50 now, so she wasn't a kid when she adopted Maria and her sister Anne from within the family somewhere..........would be interesting to know the source. Years later she had her own biological children.

I think the girls were more than she she was equipped to handle, especially after both girls became pregnant within a short period of time of one another.

Mary felt, IMO, in the beginning that Maria had run off/deserted the Corps. I think her speculation was clear and she relayed her feeling to the Onslow Sheriff who on Nat'l TV at one point said "just come home", referring to Maria.

At no time did Mary ever refer to Maria's unborn child as her grandchild when Maria went missing, only as "the baby".

I strongly feel that Maria had led Mary & her Uncle Peter to believe she was putting the child up for adoption. I think that was the reason Mary had planned a trip to go see Maria to make sure everything had been handled.

I think you are right, TG.

When this all began I think Mary did think Maria had gone off on her own. Agent Grafton on Dateline even said that Mary told her she had done that before.

I don't know what it is about Mary and Peter but they both seem odd. The way their eyes are always shifting left and right, distracts from what they are saying. Also when they are both sitting there together they constantly look at each other and away from the interviewer as if making sure what they are saying is what they should be saying and they are looking for signals from each other. I have no doubt whatsoever that her family loved her but I do think Maria felt the stress of trying to fit into their expectations and that is why she made up stories to tell them that she was not telling anyone else. Maybe even at 20 she felt the need to still tied to her mother's apron strings and did not feel comfortable telling Mary what she was doing in the MC and with whom.

When Maria became a Marine away from her family things changed for Maria. She drank and liked her beer, she played pool, she dated a Marine and was hanging around other Marines after hours....one of them Laurean but she told her family none of this imo. Mary is under the impression that Maria never had a boyfriend at all.........not in the MC or in Ohio.

Yes, I agree. I do think Mary thought Maria was going to give Gabriel up for adoption but that was not the truth ...just like so many other things Maria told them. In each SW where they layout the case they include that she was planning to keep her child and I think there is going to be substantiation of that decision.

imoo

I don't think Mary thought of the baby as her grandchild because she was hoping to convince Maria to give the baby up for adoption so she wasn't forming any attachment. Knowing Mary was going to come visit her the following weekend I think that had something to do with Maria wanting to leave when she did, to avoid her mother because she wanted to keep the baby, and she turned to Cesar for help.

I don't think Mary thought of the baby as her grandchild because she was hoping to convince Maria to give the baby up for adoption so she wasn't forming any attachment. Knowing Mary was going to come visit her the following weekend I think that had something to do with Maria wanting to leave when she did, to avoid her mother because she wanted to keep the baby, and she turned to Cesar for help.

yes!...i think you're right..it makes sense to me..

Someone on or near Lejeune is the father of Gabriel.If I was that person and my girlfriend and unborn child were murdered I would have been in the NCIS or sherrif's office spilling my guts about everything I knew.Who Maria hung out with,where she hung out,who she called fequently,the whole nine yards.I couldn't imagine keeping silent know that my unborn child and girlfriend were murdered and I did nothing.Someone down there knows alot and just hasn't talked yet.Just my opinion.

"Maria, whatever might have happened, any decisions you might have made, we just want to see you. Please come home. We love you, please come home,"
"She really needs medical help.She needs to come home. It's not just my daughter, it's my grandchild I am concerned for," said Mary Lauterbach, who told authorities in North Carolina that she adopted Maria when the girl was a toddler."
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=212834

I haven't seen any evidence that Mary Lauterbach was or is cold, uncaring, or crazy. Or that she had a bad relationship with Maria.

Someone on or near Lejeune is the father of Gabriel.If I was that person and my girlfriend and unborn child were murdered I would have been in the NCIS or sherrif's office spilling my guts about everything I knew.Who Maria hung out with,where she hung out,who she called fequently,the whole nine yards.I couldn't imagine keeping silent know that my unborn child and girlfriend were murdered and I did nothing.Someone down there knows alot and just hasn't talked yet.Just my opinion.
Well if the baby's father isn't Cesar, then maybe it's someone of a higher rank than Maria who shouldn't have been having a relationship with her, or maybe someone who's married, and he wants to continue to hide it for his own interests? That's the only thing that really makes sense why he'd keep quiet, imo.

Someone on or near Lejeune is the father of Gabriel.If I was that person and my girlfriend and unborn child were murdered I would have been in the NCIS or sherrif's office spilling my guts about everything I knew.Who Maria hung out with,where she hung out,who she called frequently,the whole nine yards.I couldn't imagine keeping silent know that my unborn child and girlfriend were murdered and I did nothing.Someone down there knows alot and just hasn't talked yet.Just my opinion.

I certainly can understand that but what if this person is of a higher rank, maybe even an officer who is married with children and no one was aware of the affair? I am not sure if that were the case they would expose anything especially if they didn't want Maria or the baby.

imoo

I certainly can understand that but what if this person is of a higher rank, maybe even an officer who is married with children and no one was aware of the affair? I am not sure if that were the case they would expose anything especially if they didn't want Maria or the baby.

imoo
Yep, Yep and Yep Ocean. It could be a unmarried, non military guy who didn't want to get involved for that matter.

Mary Lauterbach To Testify Before Congress
[SIZE=-1]WHIOtv.com - Dayton,OH,USA[/SIZE]
POSTED: 3:54 pm EDT July 30, 2008
UPDATED: 5:07 pm EDT July 30, 2008

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The mother of a murdered Vandalia Marine will testify Thursday morning in front of the United State Congress.

Mary Lauterbach, whose daughter, Maria, was killed by a fellow Marine, will tell Congressional leaders that the military failed to protect her daughter.

News Center 7’s Scott MacFarlane said Lauterbach will also lobby for new protections for other women in uniform.

In the months since Maria Lauterbach’s death, two other servicewomen have been found killed near North Carolina military bases.

Congress is concerned that this is a disturbing new pattern, and they want Mary Lauterbach to share what she knows.

Lauterbach said, “After Maria was murdered and more and more families kept calling me, I realized that this is not an isolated incident at all. It’s more of a broken record that keeps happening over and over again.”
clipped

Just when you think this case can't get any stranger, it does....

From today's Daily News:

District Attorney Dewey Hudson has called a press conference for 3 p.m. today to discuss an alleged theft of documents from his office in the prosecution of a Camp Lejeune Marine indicted for first-degree murder in the homicide of a female colleague. The Onslow County Sheriff's Department conducted an investigation into a possible leak of information by an employee of the District Attorney's Office about the case of Cpl. Cesar Laurean.

The investigation into the leak included an undercover law-enforcement officer contacting The Daily News by telephone while posing as a reporter for Newsweek. The officer posing as the Newsweek reporter asked Daily News reporter Lindell Kay for possible sources of information about Laurean's sexual preferences.

Daily News Publisher Elliott Potter said...."Our reporter believed he was dealing with another reporter and later shared contact information that he thought could help shed more light on a story that has had great public interest,"..."but no contact information about any source was provided without permission of that person,"... (emphasis is mine)

http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_58812___article.html/cpl_attorney.html

So did the alleged thief steal all the documents or just a select few? And why did an undercover detective go to LK for information since the detective works (I presume) for OCSO (wouldn't they have copies of the information)? Does OCSO think Kay has the stolen information or has been getting the leaks from the employee at the DA's office?

The article, IMO, appears to be thrown together quickly in order to break the story. Hopefully at some point an edit will occur to clear some things up.

LK has a blog site for those who aren't aware.

http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/?p=547

The link above takes you directly to his latest entry about the alleged theft.

Here's the latest information:

A volunteer intern with the Onslow County district attorney's office is the center of an investigation into copied documents in the Cesar Laurean case.

District Attorney Dewey Hudson tells WITN News that he expects an arrest to be made today. Hudson has called a 3 p.m. news conference to brief reporters.

Hudson says while the documents were not actually stolen, the investigation centers on someone copying them and then removing them from the office. He says that is a class H felony, which is punishable by a 6 to 8 month sentence for each count.
(emphasis mine)

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/27014564.html?source=enews&c=y

So now my questions are: Was this intern the source for Lindell Kay? Did Lindell Kay give the name of this intern to the undercover deputy with or without the source's permission? Did Dewey catch wind of someone leaking information from his office and in turn contacted Ed Brown who had a deputy pose as the Newsweek reporter? How was Lindell Kay zeroed in on or better yet what exactly is his involvement with this intern? Can Laurean's attorney, Dick McNeil, seek a dismissal of the charges since the documents have been compromised?

I also need to clarify one thing I had in my earlier post---the undercover officer wasn't a detective, according to WITN it was a deputy. And the documents weren't stolen as first reported, only copied.

snipped for length
Here's the latest information:

A volunteer intern with the Onslow County district attorney's office is the center of an investigation into copied documents in the Cesar Laurean case.

District Attorney Dewey Hudson tells WITN News that he expects an arrest to be made today. Hudson has called a 3 p.m. news conference to brief reporters.
Wow, will be looking forward to the news conference today, hopefully it will be aired live????

What a shocker!

I wonder if the volunteer intern is a male or female?

I wonder how long they have interned in the DAs office?

I wonder if they copied the documents for their own self interest or copied them for another interested party?

And the "sexual preferences" is mind boggling. What in the heck does that have to do with this murder case one way or the other?:confused:

Thanks for the news, Sandy.

Ocean

Sandy, I am wondering about this.

"Daily News Publisher Elliott Potter said...."Our reporter believed he was dealing with another reporter and later shared contact information that he thought could help shed more light on a story that has had great public interest,"..."but no contact information about any source was provided without permission of that person,"... (emphasis is mine)

Could this volunteer intern been contacting Lindell and giving him information? He/she would know Lindell would not out his sources to anyone without their permission. Was he feeding LK with information that he was getting from the copied documents?

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back