Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting comments - they can all be found on the above mentioned link- most are just snippets, if anyone needs clarification, please let me know -***************************************************
The day she went missing they said that she was last seen in FL. I live in FL, near a military base. So I am curious to know where. Many MANY Marines train off of NAS, that's how I met my hubby. So, I don't know if she was trained her or what not, but if so...could it be Pensacola that she was last seen?

I saw it on Headline News. I posted it right after I saw the story. They will probably run the headlines again at 30 after.
I am a former female Marine, I was a vicitm of this same type of crime and also found out I was pregnant. My trial took over 2 years to unfold. I do believe that some of you are missing the point. From personal experience which I would not talk about unless I thought it might help, this young woman is faced with a dilemna noone should have to face. She also has to have the strength to tesify about it. The Marine Corps is designed to alienate the victims she has probably been called every name in the book

It is a sad time. I'm curious as to where on Gum Branch her body is. Gum Branch Road isnt too far from where the Bus station is.

i am a former female marine, and also a victim of an sexual attack that happened at camp lejeune. you know whats funny, i heard today that the military is suppose to keep you away from your attacker and keep you safe, kinda funny my attacker stayed in the sme barracks as me. and another funny thing is my attack happened out in town, the military just jumped in and took over, never had the local police help out.
Where's the Victim's Advocate, where's New Parent Support? Why isn't the military cooperating fully with police. The reason the sherriff has to treat it as two separate issues is because he's been forced to investigate without access to the rape files.

I in no way advocate what the superior officer did to her, but you must understand that marines are beaten and abused from the first day they set foot at the recruit depot to be trained. They are trained to fight, kill, and strategically plan devastation with ease, and they do this for months, and some for years. After this they are all cooped together, hundreds of battle-trained marines living in a tiny building. These marines will do what they are trained to do-release their frustration in a physical form. Marines are berated, belittled, and basically bullied, since the moment they decided to join this fighting force. How would we expect any child raised in such a manner to act when an adult? Would he not act out in the manner in which he was raised? Many of these marines are barely adults, having just joined after high school.

*******************************************************************************************

he was spotted last night getting on a bus. They suspect they are only two hours behind him now. They couldn't make an arrest when they saw him because it was a civilian. So, that's the deal with that. They say the bus is supposed to be heading towards Texas. [El Paso..maybe.] It won't be hard to catch him. They will most likely have him by the end of the day, unless he gets off at some random town along the way. If he doesn't, cops will be dispatched at his final destination and be ready to catch the guy.

**************************************************************************************************************

my prayers are continuous for the souls of Lance Corporal Lauterbach and her baby son... I read somewhere that he was to be named Gabriel Joseph....and now we have two angels to watch over us all!

*****************************************************************************************************************
your description of Maria was like taking the words right of mouth, everyone who we hung out with never had a negative word to say about her. She got along with everyone, and even if she only knew you for a couple hours, she treated you like she had known you her whole life.

***************************************************************************************************************

That's it for the interesting comments on that thread

Im now heading over to "Clues about the suspect**Is it ok to post about him here if there is any new info?

This stuff may have already been posted if so...well you're stuck reading it again LOL :laugh:

Cpl. Cesar Armando Lauren
103 Meadow Trail
Jacksonville, NC

(near North Bryan Road and Gum Branch Road)

2004 Dodge Ram (quad cab) pickup truck
NC Tag: TRR-1522

It looks like Cesar Laurean and his wife, Christina, had a baby girl in 2006.

The myspace that was found IS his myspace, confirmation from those that "know" him on the base...(good job ya'll!)

I found this post super interesting- she seems to know him personally (the poster) can anyone VERIFY whether this is something that could really be punishable?

Snip-

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?u...tart=90&hash=68c751a2ce73e42a4e690ce49c3ad05e

I am still sticking to we don't know all of the circumstances, and yes maybe some of his buddies knew a little more about their relationship or him "romantically" being with Maria.

But then a thought came to me, when the rape case investigators and others saw that Laurean and Maria were carrying on a "friendly relationship" (which we all know what they mean by this) how come he was not charged with ADULTERY???

I mean its well known that adultery is no longer treated like the military codes state. Under this MC Orders, even a single service member can be charged with adultery if he/she knows their partner is married.

That depends on the command Jennifer, the command that Laurean, Lauterbach, and I worked for were and are really good about giving us time off to take care of personal stuff. He wasn't at work at all on Thursday (I was only there until noon, cause I went on leave)... He wasnt there at all. Maria was an amazing person and watched my older daughter for me a number of times. I knew her for over 1 1/2 years, and never knew her to me "bi-polar" or a compulsive liar.

When did he call into work asking for Friday off, and where was the call placed from? I wonder if his phone records have been checked? I was just thinking he could've gotten a long ways away if he'd driven all night instead of leaving at 4am.

I haven't seen the report that he had taken Friday off. You can't call in to the military to ask for a day off. You have to submit an official chit ahead of time. You can't even call in sick -- you've got to show up at sick bay.

I haven't seen the report that he had taken Friday off. You can't call in to the military to ask for a day off. You have to submit an official chit ahead of time. You can't even call in sick -- you've got to show up at sick bay.

This is a comment from facebook from someone who supposedly worked w/ both. They were talking the exact same you stated (can't just walk in and say..uh I want the day off) Here's her response -

That depends on the command Jennifer, the command that Laurean, Lauterbach, and I worked for were and are really good about giving us time off to take care of personal stuff. He wasn't at work at all on Thursday (I was only there until noon, cause I went on leave)... He wasnt there at all. Maria was an amazing person and watched my older daughter for me a number of times. I knew her for over 1 1/2 years, and never knew her to me "bi-polar" or a compulsive liar.

If he does make it to mexico - Will she too be discharged from the service? Will she pretty much be free to go down to him after awhile? Or will she be "watched" to see if they can bring him in some other way....

Bear with me a second -

we've speculated one scenario where she knew about it, participated in it, or just plain out did it. What IF - she was a party to all this, but there is nothing concrete pointing to her? He knows that if he goes to Mexico , for all intents and purposes he's a free man. He has family there, maybe bilingual, aka, he could set up "house" She joins him whenever, and while life isn't the same, they're free, together, and can go about life.

Is there anything that can MAKE her stay stateside? Or if they can't find him, tie any evidence to her, is it pretty much "over with" for lack of a better phrase, unless he were to step foot back on US soil.

Since he couldn't be extradited by legal purposes, is there anything the military can do to go fetch his butt, wouldn't he be considered AWOL or something similiar now that's it is known that he "took off"?

OMG JJ, that is exactly what I came to this afternoon. I just haven't thrown that one out there yet because I'm trying to catch up and obviously have only made it to your post, lol.

But, yeah, ITA. He tells her to meet him in Mexico when it's all settled down. They'd both be deserters but surely wouldn't care, they can make a life down there and it's gotta be better than prison....and no Maria and baby to spoil their beautiful life.... :mad:

I also wondered if maybe he had been in contact with family from Mexico, a few days before he planned to flee and asked them to meet him somewhere specific....maybe even in Shreveport on a set day and time. And then he rides to Mexico with them.
Is that pausible, or is it hard for a Mexican citizen to cross back over into Mexico? I just wonder....

I also wonder if he really left at 4:00am.
Do we know that?
Did he work the night before and was he there the whole time?
Is there anything to time stamp his last whereabouts before he left? Maybe she (the wife) was buying him time...
I just know she is involved! I wish they would tell us more about her.

Back to catching up!

This is a comment from facebook from someone who supposedly worked w/ both. They were talking the exact same you stated (can't just walk in and say..uh I want the day off) Here's her response -

That command seems lax in the extreme, considering all we're hearing. I know soldiers can sometimes leave early and that at some commands chits are not that hard to get approved. But I've never heard of someone being able to not show up without huge consequences, whether they "called in" or not.

I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member