Missouri, St. Louis - Teenage girl critically injured after brutal fight with another female teen near Hazelwood East High School, 8 March 2024

What is the rationale behind that?
In my kid's schools, some uhmmm..... "journalism" students maintain a library of footage from fights, less common fentanyl over doses and confrontations with staff.

The tone and content of the "library" with running commentary and "insights" can be said to hype fights and to encourage gladiator behavior, grudge matches, re-do revenge matches etc.

As the district briefly led the State in fentanyl deaths, and has a good number of fights, there is plenty of content in the "library".

Last edited:
idk if it's the same video everybody is seeing? The one I watched was 58 seconds long. About 6-7 seconds in, one person (I think female and undoubtedly also a teen) tries to drag the attacker off Kaylee.
About 43 seconds in, you briefly see somebody bending over Kaylee, maybe checking on her. Not hitting anyway.
Small compensation beside all the brutality.

Between the two incidents above, the attacker casually and callously jumps/steps over Kaylee's legs, hitting them with her feet while she's about it.

I hope the driver and/or passengers in the blue car that passed by (and stopped - you can see later in the video) did something, like call Emergency. I don't blame them for not physically joining in though, I wouldn't have either. Far too dangerous.
IMO

It's a little easier to watch if you turn the sound off.

MO. Criminal Code. No arrest(s) yet AFAIK, but if tried as an adult, defendant may face 1st degree assault charge.*

Mo. Statute. Element of Crime: "serious physical injury"
* "565.050. Assault, FIRST DEGREE, penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of assault in the first degree if he or she attempts to kill or KNOWINGLY CAUSES or attempts to cause SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY to another person.
  "2. The offense of assault in the first degree is a CLASS B FELONY UNLESS in the course thereof the person inflicts SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY on the victim... in which case it is a class A felony."
(^ sbm. I added CAPS in ¶'s ^.)

Seems victim being taken to a hospital & remaining hospitalized with brain bleeding and swelling for _(?)_ days constitutes "serious physical injury."

Mo. Statute. Element of Crime: Assailant's STATE OF MIND.
** "562.016. Culpable mental state."
"3. A person "acts knowingly", or with knowledge:
  (1) With respect to his or her conduct or to attendant circumstances when he or she is AWARE of the nature of his or her CONDUCT or that those CIRCUMSTANCES exist; or
  (2) With respect to a result of his or her conduct when he or she is aware that his or her conduct is PRACTICALLY CERTAIN to cause that RESULT."
(I added CAPS in ¶'s ^.)

Did assailant have the "culpable mental state" necessary to be found guilty of first degree assault?
IDK if assailant "attempted to kill" her but seems likely that the assailant acted knowingly" i.e., was -
- aware of "nature of own conduct" & "circumstances" OR
- her conduct was "practically certain to cause that result."

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, just making a point here. Imo -
- Doubtful that assailant thought she was in a tickle game, or giving Kaylee a scalp massage. IOW she was aware of her actions, that she was assaulting another person.
- Assailant knew beating Kaylee's head on concrete (not into a sofa cushion) multiple times was PRACTICALLY CERTAIN to result serious physical injuries, that is more than just a few superficial bruises, cuts, & scrapes (contusions, lacerations, & abrasions).

The short vid clip(s) could have a powerful impact on jurors.
Imo moo jmo.

Last edited:
And a small blue car drives by slowly but doesn't stop to help! I know it's scary these days to intervene, but.....

But?! What if my husband and I stopped, he carries a gun, given the current climate of people who try to help...I think that we would stop, call LEO, but definitely not intervene. Unfortunately.

But?! What if my husband and I stopped, he carries a gun, given the current climate of people who try to help...I think that we would stop, call LEO, but definitely not intervene. Unfortunately.
With violence escalating in this world, people need to put their own safety first and not try to intervene if it involves complete strangers.

In cases involving violent teens, I think charging parents is the right thing to do.

JMO

With violence escalating in this world, people need to put their own safety first and not try to intervene if it involves complete strangers.

In cases involving violent teens, I think charging parents is the right thing to do.

JMO

I would hazard a guess that this family is already well acquainted with legal officials.

idk if it's the same video everybody is seeing? The one I watched was 58 seconds long. About 6-7 seconds in, one person (I think female and undoubtedly also a teen) tries to drag the attacker off Kaylee.
About 43 seconds in, you briefly see somebody bending over Kaylee, maybe checking on her. Not hitting anyway.
Small compensation beside all the brutality.

Between the two incidents above, the attacker casually and callously jumps/steps over Kaylee's legs, hitting them with her feet while she's about it.

I hope the driver and/or passengers in the blue car that passed by (and stopped - you can see later in the video) did something, like call Emergency. I don't blame them for not physically joining in though, I wouldn't have either. Far too dangerous.
IMO

It's a little easier to watch if you turn the sound off.
Yes, I noticed someone a few seconds in, too, trying to intercede. But after that, nothing.

Curious myself. I understand if they feel the one who recorded it is trying to gain notoriety by posting it to a website for clicks or likes, but what about someone who is recording the assault in order to provide evidence to LE?
That isn’t the case in a school. Teachers and security staff and other witnesses, not to mention security cameras, are always there. Nobody is filming for a good reason.

JMO
If the parents are complicit, like with that shooter in Michigan, it can be.

However, imagine some kid who's really mad at their parents, and does something terrible, knowing that the parents could be punished too?

Location? Per below, not on school property.

"One person is hospitalized with critical injuries after a fight Friday near Hazelwood East High School."

The publicly released announcment from the school did not refer to the location. ^ same source^

I recall reading an article naming the intersection & st names where this occurred & indicating it was a few blocks from the HS.
Sorry no link.

Interesting side note.
IlUC, both victim & assailant are students at Hazelwood East HS.

If there are criminal charges, the St L. County Prosecutor's office would try the case. Wesley Bell, the county's elected prosecutor, is a graduate of Hazelwood East HS.

"Bell became the first black county prosecuting attorney in St. Louis County history when he took office in January 2019.[4]"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo
Back