Missouri, St. Louis - Teenage girl critically injured after brutal fight with another female teen near Hazelwood East High School, 8 March 2024

I doubt MD will be placed in a residential facility because I doubt she has a criminal record. Missouri has a model juvenile justice system. The goal is to get her back on the right track. It has been reported that she wants to personally apologize to KG so I think that process has started and will have a good outcome.

JMO

She has a criminal record now. Additionally, I fail to see how a self serving apology at this stage would have a good outcome. It might be good optics for viewers, but for KG it would have no benefit in my humble opinion. The time to offer KG mercy is water under the bridge. KG’s road ahead is one of uncertainty, pain, suffering, and struggling just to get back to a state of normal. She is missing out daily on her education and life. If the juvenile justice system can’t parcel out a fitting punishment to a first time offender and are only focusing on past criminal record as a basis for said punishment, then there will be no justice served for KG. I can only hope the punishment fits the crime. JMO

Fight Off Campus. Did Location Matter?
....Even though they attended the same school, the incident occurred off campus. I don't know if the school's arms reach that far. It would be interesting to know."
JMO
snipped for focus. @Puzzles8
Some of same info as posted earlier. From school dist's "Student-Parent Handbook" info below, seems the school's arms COULD reach to students' off campus actions. Policy DOES reach when school chooses to enforce.
Emphasis, COULD BE addressed, not necessarily will be addressed.

Not guessing about what actions the school may or may not have taken re either student, as I doubt there would be an official public announcement (a FERPA issue).
Not commenting on merits of school dist. POLICY, but here it is.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"WHEN DO HAZELWOOD’S GUIDELINES BEGIN AND END?....
"Behavior that occurs OFF CAMPUS that disrupts the academic process or threatens the safety of students and/or staff may be addressed as if the behavior occurred on campus." (<- my CAPS)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

^ From hardcopy page 54 (digital page 67) of
"2023-2024 STUDENT-PARENT HANDBOOK / BEHAVIOR GUIDE"

She has a criminal record now. Additionally, I fail to see how a self serving apology at this stage would have a good outcome. It might be good optics for viewers, but for KG it would have no benefit in my humble opinion. The time to offer KG mercy is water under the bridge. KG’s road ahead is one of uncertainty, pain, suffering, and struggling just to get back to a state of normal. She is missing out daily on her education and life. If the juvenile justice system can’t parcel out a fitting punishment to a first time offender and are only focusing on past criminal record as a basis for said punishment, then there will be no justice served for KG. I can only hope the punishment fits the crime. JMO
BBM. That is my point: the Missouri Juvenile Court is going to treat MD as a first time offender.

JMO

Hmmm...
School takes responsibility for students while they are on school premises during lessons/school events or during trips organised by school.

After school,
children are under responsibility of parents/legal guardians.

Hmmm...
School takes responsibility for students while they are on school premises during lessons/school events or during trips organised by school.

After school,
children are under responsibility of parents/legal guardians.
@Dotta Thx for your post.
Re ¶2 ^, yes, but I suggest you read my post 2 or 3 posts back, quoting school district policy, re possible school action for student OFF CAMPUS behavior.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"WHEN DO HAZELWOOD’S GUIDELINES BEGIN AND END?....
"Behavior that occurs OFF CAMPUS that disrupts the academic process or threatens the safety of students and/or staff may be addressed as if the behavior occurred on campus." (<- my CAPS)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

^ From hardcopy page 54 (digital page 67) of
"2023-2024 STUDENT-PARENT HANDBOOK / BEHAVIOR GUIDE"

Apologize? Seriously? "Sorry I made you brain damaged for life"?

" I didn't intend to bash your skull against concrete several times"

What if the victim doesn't want an apology? What if she or her family prefers that the perpetrator be sentenced? Do victims or their family get to make a victims impact statement?

If MD is committed to a juvenile residential facility as a result of a felony conviction in juvenile court, then she will have to learn how to deal with "bullies" and other young people getting in her face on a regular basis. That will be a test of her ability to overcome her rage and dangerous behavior that she demonstrated with KG. She will have to learn impulse control and socially acceptable ways of dealing with her rage and frustration if she wants the juvenile court to allow her to return to the community at some point.

JMO

*In terms of messaging nasty things to each other, responding to someone who is bullying you doesn't necessarily make you a bully. Some people see it as standing up.*
And some other people may view that as being a willful combatant. Though, I agree, it can be spun many different ways.

Likewise, I would not doubt if both families have very different spins on who messaged nasty things, first and why and how much. And... two different spins in regards to who was truly bullying who verse who was standing up to whom.

Rather than try to sort through which partisan "spin" is less spun- probably an impossible task, I was hoping that the decision would have been:

- Combatant 1: Punishment, severe injuries for making bad choices.

- Combatant 2: Punishment, adult court. Any spins regarding whether your mutually nasty messages were really and truly just a form of "standing up" can be presented there. Judge will take them into consideration.

Last edited:
Cryptic. I like your train of thought. In our age of technology, one is able to screen shot threatening messages, block people from contact etc. There is no foolproof way to deal with harassment from another individual, that is for sure. However, when you decide to teach someone a lesson by way of mutual combat, you bear the responsibility of the end result. KG was taught a lesson that she now cannot remember. She lost the fight and currently lost her life as she knew it. MD won the fight and currently lost her life as she knew it. Both must pay the price for the choices they made.

However, when you decide to teach someone a lesson by way of mutual combat, you bear the responsibility of the end result. Both must pay the price for the choices they made.
I think this really distills the needed concept down to its core element. Short, to the point- and needed.

Rather than going down rabbit holes of: "X's" spin appeals to me more. Therefore, I am willing to give him or her the benefit of the doubt(s).

The end result should be, as you said: "Both must pay the price for the choices they made".

That price must be meaningful for both contestants. That would mean an adult court. Meaningful prices for both contestants would also send a strong message to future gladiators and help ensure future safety:

- If you willingly enter a fight, spin control is not going to matter much in the final equation. Think before you enter the colosseum.

Last edited:
I wonder how her and KG's common gender will play out in how the trial/sentencing goes and the media coverage and op-eds around the proceeding.

There was an article here in Australia just yesterday about how a horrific black-on-black DV case was not part of the recent focus on rising DV and murders of girls and women.

Great Britain's youngest ever killer, Mary Flora Bell, gets a lot of sympathy and understanding that if the gender of Bell and her two victims were reversed and the boy had been abused, would likely be different.

Not just what she's missing out on now. There's a possibility that there are things she could miss out on for the rest of her life due to her injuries like certain careers, income potential, health status, ability to get life insurance or disability insurance, even friendships or other types of relationships depending on the damage and how it impacts her personality and behavior. The trajectory of her life has changed forever. This is an adult case if ever there was one.

MOO.

Not just what she's missing out on now. There's a possibility that there are things she could miss out on for the rest of her life due to her injuries like certain careers, income potential, health status, ability to get life insurance or disability insurance, even friendships or other types of relationships depending on the damage and how it impacts her personality and behavior. The trajectory of her life has changed forever. This is an adult case if ever there was one.

MOO.
Agree whoeheartedly

Gain’s stepmother, who was allowed to be anonymous in open court, gave a statement, saying she has to relearn how to walk, speak and take care of herself.

“A terrible choice made by two teen girls to solve their issues through violence caused one to go too far with her bare hands and a concrete road,” the stepmother said.

Declue’s mother, Consuella Declue, tearfully addressed the court at the end of the hearing saying her daughter regretted the incident, but maintained she was acting in self defense.

“My family, my church, we all prayed for KG [Kaylee Gain],” she said in court. “I think [my daughter] was just defending herself, I don’t think she had any intent or thought this would happen to KG and we are very sorry.”
Did Declue seriously believe Gain was a threat to her? One is 150+ pounds and her “attacker” was what, 90 pounds? Puleeze.

Gain’s stepmother, who was allowed to be anonymous in open court, gave a statement, saying she has to relearn how to walk, speak and take care of herself.

“A terrible choice made by two teen girls to solve their issues through violence caused one to go too far with her bare hands and a concrete road,” the stepmother said.

Declue’s mother, Consuella Declue, tearfully addressed the court at the end of the hearing saying her daughter regretted the incident, but maintained she was acting in self defense.

“My family, my church, we all prayed for KG [Kaylee Gain],” she said in court. “I think [my daughter] was just defending herself, I don’t think she had any intent or thought this would happen to KG and we are very sorry.”
Seriously, did Declue actually believe Gain was a threat to her? One is 150+ pounds and her “attacker” was what, 90 pounds? Puleeze.

Did Declue seriously believe Gain was a threat to her? One is 150+ pounds and her “attacker” was what, 90 pounds? Puleeze.
I believe in watching the video once that Kaylee was a member of a “group”. MD knew she could ground and pound Kaylee ( which she did) but had to have back up to make sure Kaylees “group” didn’t even out the odds. ( which they attempted to do). Although these two groups may not be established gang members, they are acting as such

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back