Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Sherrill Levitt was born on November 1, 1944, and was age 47 at time of her disappearance. She was 5 feet 0 inches (1.52 m), 110 pounds (50 kg), with short light blonde hair, brown eyes and pierced ears. She was a cosmetologist at a local salon and a single mother, and was described as being very close to her daughter, Suzanne Elizabeth "Suzie" Streeter. Streeter was born on March 9, 1973 (age 19 in 1992), was 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m), 102 pounds (46 kg), with shoulder length blonde hair and brown eyes. Her distinguishable marks included a scar on her upper right forearm, a small mole on the left corner of her mouth, and pierced ears (left ear pierced twice). Streeter's friend, Stacy McCall, was born on April 23, 1974 (age 18 in 1992), was 5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m) and 120 pounds (54 kg), with long dark blonde hair and light colored eyes.[1]

The Springfield Three - Wikipedia

attachment.php

On Tuesday, fresh flowers rest near by a memorial to the two teens and mother. Like those fresh flowers Stacy McCall's mother tells KSPR she feels fresh leads, technology and investigators can still bring her daughter and the other two women home.

"I look at Stacy and I think she's not 18, she's 38. It's heartbreaking," McCall said in an interview with us on the twenty year anniversary. "Twenty birthdays and twenty Thanksgivings and Christmases and so many times that we sit around the table wanting her nearby."

(...)

Chief Webb offers this advice to any law enforcement who finds the mystery in their hands: "Never give up. You have to go to work on this and treat any piece of information like it's the glue we've been waiting for to crack this case open."

Janis McCall asks people who speculate to stick to the facts and stay away from so many rumors she feels have sensationalized the case.The reward fund for prosecution of those responsible now sits at 42 thousand dollars.

New eyes could eventually solve case of Springfield's 3 missing women

Thread #1
Thread #2 - pulled *
Thread #3 -
pulled *
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Admin note: During the period the posts in #2 and #3 were being made, Websleuths rules were different, links are no longer good and much of the discusssion that took place at that time has since been disproved as not connected or incorrect. For that reason, Threads #2 and #3 will remain unavailable.

Sometimes, a colder case needs fresh eyes. Eyes that will start with nothing and examine every available resource to come up with a theory. This is one of those cases. What was done was done. Some was very helpful and bears continued scrutiny. Some has already been put to bed and left behind. Consider Threads #2 and #3 to be the latter. Thank you to all who examine the facts of this case and provide your thoughts. These women still wait for justice. Their family members still await closure.

tlcya

Attachments

• Springfield_Three.jpg
    Springfield_Three.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here.

ADMIN NOTES:

No rudeness, no bickering or personalizing.

“Inside information” is not allowed unless you are a Verified Insider. If you claim you have inside information, your post will be removed as rumor.

If you disagree with someone, do so in a respectful, civil fashion. You may have to agree to disagree, "scroll and roll", or put the poster on ignore.

Discussing information posted on other forums is not allowed. Stick to MSM and LE and always provide a link to substantiate what your information.

A VI is not required to provide links to information they state as fact. You may ask questions of a Verified Insider but you cannot be rude or challenging toward them or badger them for information. You may choose to believe what they have to say or not, but do not be disrespectful toward them or harass them in any way.

If you see a violation of TOS, use the Report feature to let WS staff know and they will review it. Do not try to moderate the thread yourself. That is what Mods and Admins are here for.

If a new thread is required, please use the Report feature to let WS staff know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Suzie seems like the obvious target to me and looking at Sherrills friends speak glowingly about what a lovely person she was so I don’t picture her hanging around with the wrong crowd.

Now this could of simply been a rapist or a burglar but then it’s mighty strange that Suzie and Stacey didn’t make it home until 3am- ish and they managed to get changed and into bed for then whatever happened went down.

The timing points to Suzie again IMO

SPD identified & flew to FL in early 1993 to interview the caller, as reported in the NL. The area code of the caller was released so if you dig you can find it. Work the family trees of suspects to find who was living in that part of FL. And keep in mind throughout your research of this case that blood is thicker than water, & that in-laws are not blood. Separate the wheat from the chaff.

This is what I've gathered from the N-L articles posted by @Seeker994 :

7:30 PM Stacy arrives at Kirby house (NL June 19). Nigel delivers cake to Suzie's.

8:00 PM Suzie arrives at Kirby house (NL June 19)

8:30 PM Party @ Joy house. The girls reportedly ask Brian if they can stay the night there. (NL June 19)

10 – 10:30 PM Suzie and Stacy reported seen at the A-Mart with another female (Janelle?). Stacy was with a man. Clerk Steve Thompson “vaguely” remembers the girls talking about meeting up later that night (NL June 19). Janelle claims they were all together the whole night (NL June 20, 21).

10:30 PM Stacy calls her mother (from the Kirby house?)

11:30 PM The girls go to the Elder party (on Hanover). (one mile from the A-Mart) (NL June 19)

2:00 AM Back to Party #1 (girls get a ride from Shane Appleby in a jeep). Joy declines invite and Janelle offers to let them stay with her. (NL June 19)

2:15 AM A woman resembling Sherrill asks A-Mart clerk Steve Thompson about Suzanne Streeter by name, and 2 other friends. (NL June 18, 19)

2:20 AM Suzie and Stacy leave the Kirby house in their own vehicles to go to Suzie's house. (NL June 19).

--------------------------------------------------------

Any corrections greatly appreciated.

I could not find if it was reported from where Stacy called her mom. 10 - 10:30 PM is the attributed time. I would trust Mrs. McCall on this one.
Possibly she did not want her mom knowing she would stay the night at a boy's house, and used Janelle instead.

It wasn't until later, around 2, when they got back to the Joy house, after the Elder party, that the girls found out that they couldn't stay there.

When did they decide not to go to Branson that night, and why?
It would seem that decision was made early, between 8 and 10 PM or so, when they asked Brian Joy if they could stay at his house, and when Stacy called her mom to let her know they would not be going to Branson that night.
Unless, of course, the NL got their times wrong...

Last edited:
This is what I've gathered from the N-L articles posted by @Seeker994 :

7:30 PM Stacy arrives at Kirby house (NL June 19). Nigel delivers cake to Suzie's.

8:00 PM Suzie arrives at Kirby house (NL June 19)

8:30 PM Party @ Joy house. The girls reportedly ask Brian if they can stay the night there. (NL June 19)

10 – 10:30 PM Suzie and Stacy reported seen at the A-Mart with another female (Janelle?). Stacy was with a man. Clerk Steve Thompson “vaguely” remembers the girls talking about meeting up later that night (NL June 19). Janelle claims they were all together the whole night (NL June 20, 21).

10:30 PM Stacy calls her mother (from the Kirby house?)

11:30 PM The girls go to the Elder party (on Hanover). (one mile from the A-Mart) (NL June 19)

2:00 AM Back to Party #1 (girls get a ride from Shane Appleby in a jeep). Joy declines invite and Janelle offers to let them stay with her. (NL June 19)

2:15 AM A woman resembling Sherrill asks A-Mart clerk Steve Thompson about Suzanne Streeter by name, and 2 other friends. (NL June 18, 19)

2:20 AM Suzie and Stacy leave the Kirby house in their own vehicles to go to Suzie's house. (NL June 19).

--------------------------------------------------------

Any corrections greatly appreciated.

I could not find if it was reported from where Stacy called her mom. 10 - 10:30 PM is the attributed time. I would trust Mrs. McCall on this one.
Possibly she did not want her mom knowing she would stay the night at a boy's house, and used Janelle instead.

It wasn't until later, around 2, when they got back to the Joy house, after the Elder party, that the girls found out that they couldn't stay there.

When did they decide not to go to Branson that night, and why?
It would seem that decision was made early, between 8 and 10 PM or so, when they asked Brian Joy if they could stay at his house, and when Stacy called her mom to let her know they would not be going to Branson that night.
Unless, of course, the NL got their times wrong...

I read that Suzie arrived at Janelle's house first at 8:15 PM and Stacy arrived at 8:30 PM.

I had a hard time reading the first report (handwritten). Still only get half of it.

I'd like to some more published SPD reports on this case. I've looked, but I found nothing...

SPD identified & flew to FL in early 1993 to interview the caller, as reported in the NL. The area code of the caller was released so if you dig you can find it. Work the family trees of suspects to find who was living in that part of FL. And keep in mind throughout your research of this case that blood is thicker than water, & that in-laws are not blood. Separate the wheat from the chaff.
Can you post that article from NL?

Can you post that article from NL?
I'll tell you where to find it. The article was first printed in the NL on 3/06/1993 and discussed extensively at various times throughout these threads beginning in Thread #2, Page 32 with Post #776. If you don't have a subscription to an archival news service, you need to get one.

I must be blind as a bat but I was totally unaware that caller had been identified. I would like to see that article. I do have a reasonably good idea who the caller was as a certain someone had confirmed ties to Florida but I had no recollection of that article.
You knew about it when you tried to make the connection to Cox:

Quoting your post:

4) We know that the SPD went to Jacksonville, Florida in 1993 (?) to interview a male individual; evidently the person who called to AMW. They must necessarily have identified this person to have seen him in person. The newspapers/media have never said that they didn't identify him so that leaves us with the logical inference they managed to identify this person. We cannot know but we can suggest that this person also fingered Cox. If this person identified another person or gave information relevant to the investigation, we have no information who it pertained to.

End Quote

The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #4
Thread #4 , page 41, post #820

I'll tell you where to find it. The article was first printed in the NL on 3/06/1993 and discussed extensively at various times throughout these threads beginning in Thread #2, Page 32 with Post #776. If you don't have a subscription to an archival news service, you need to get one.
Thanks for the info . I’ll look up the article . Threads 2& 3 say they have been pulled however .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500