Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they did not live in that house long. I wonder if the locks had been changed or if someone who lived there previously had a key and slipped into the house and forced them out. I really don't think that is what happened but it could be something to think about. Personally I think it had something to do with the pending court case over the grave robbing.

In a 1992 interview JK says " they said they were going the that other girls house "
What " other girl
" Suzie ? Odd she don't call her friend by her name but " other girl "

2011 interview with JK .
" Mike "SAID" we went to Susie's house " I had never been to the house they had moved there recently .

Why had MH been to the house but not JK ? And for what purpose ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brb, I'm down the rabbit hole again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wanted to add to what I have already said. This is my opinion and cannot be confirmed.

The police said they would have liked to have seen the glass before it was cleaned up. That has always intrigued me. If it were deliberately broken (with a metal baton?) that would have confirmed why it was broken. It was to more likely ensure that entry would be gained by the the first responders and subsequent visitors who would surely destroy forensic evidence. Again my opinion as no way to confirm that it was deliberately broken but it does speak to the probable reason why police would have liked to have seen the undisturbed glass shards.

As to the missing key it could have been used to gain entry if the perp had it on his person or it could have been used to leave through the side door. The van could have been backed up close to the back of Sherrill's car making it less likely to be seen when loading the women into the van, having taken them out of the side door and not the front door. There must have been some reason that key was missing from Suzie's effects. She never had one; it was taken from her for security reasons or the perp used it before or after entering the house.

Again, it is my opinion that someone who knew police procedure would know how to avoid leaving usable forensic evidence. If the house was locked, short of breaking down the door, the crime scene would have been left in pristine shape. That is why it was necessary to have visitors corrupt the crime scene. Again, this is my personal opinion and cannot be proven. But it makes the most sense to me over these many years.

MM, your hypothesis about the abductors hoping that the crime scene would be contaminated might tie into the "obscene calls" that came into Sherrill's number the next day. Checking to see if the disappearance had been discovered and who was in the house.

MM, your hypothesis about the abductors hoping that the crime scene would be contaminated might tie into the "obscene calls" that came into Sherrill's number the next day. Checking to see if the disappearance had been discovered and who was in the house.

I hadn't considered that but it does make perfect sense doesn't it? That would tell the perp that he/they had managed to destroy the crime scene forensics by the unwitting actions of the visitors to the home. Thank you! Thank you very much.

The police said they would have liked to have seen the glass before it was cleaned up. That has always intrigued me. If it were deliberately broken (with a metal baton?)

snip

MM: this metal baton; any particular reason of that for a choice? I've only ever known one person who's had one of those bad pups, a good friend of mine who was a cop.

snip

MM: this metal baton; any particular reason of that for a choice? I've only ever known one person who's had one of those bad pups, a good friend of mine who was a cop.

I would have done that of I wanted the crime scene to be corrupted. Ideally it would have been quick with minimum noise and effectiveness. Had the globe merely fallen off would it have fallen in the right spot or even broken except into only a few pieces? We were never really told that the glass shards were even recovered. But we can infer that they were based on the police statement that they would have liked to have seen the shards where they fell. The metal baton would have been quick and effective. Plus there is one other factor. If it was knocked off with another object that would have likely shattered the bulb as well. I obtained a similar globe and there was only about 1/4 inch of clearance for the globe to fall free without breaking the bulb.

I am guessing that the perp placed a towel or similar covering around the globe and then struck it smartly just enough to shatter it. Then he took the shards and scattered on the porch. That was why the police wanted to see those shards where they fell. Had they been able to do that it likely would have been evident the shards were scattered in an area deliberately instead of merely falling free to the porch and scattering naturally. This would not be unlike how blood spatter is evaluated in murder cases.

I think your observation should be given serious consideration.

Have never known a burglar to " lock up " upon leaving a crime scene . Either way they got unbelievably lucky that so many people trampled the crime scene . That just dosent happen . Even homeowners usually wait outside until Police clear the home / building .

While some actors will return to a crime scene to re live it , I actually don't see any benifit / reason for the calls . If anything just making one more link of evidence .

Of course with everything has gone with this case that evidence was unwittingly destroyed as well. Very frustrating .

Have never known a burglar to " lock up " upon leaving a crime scene . Either way they got unbelievably lucky that so many people trampled the crime scene . That just dosent happen . Even homeowners usually wait outside until Police clear the home / building .

While some actors will return to a crime scene to re live it , I actually don't see any benifit / reason for the calls . If anything just making one more link of evidence .

Of course with everything has gone with this case that evidence was unwittingly destroyed as well. Very frustrating .

The front door wasn't locked. It was IMO deliberately left unlocked. The side door was locked so far as I know and Suzie's key was missing.

It has been asserted that the exit was from the front door. That would seem to be the case and would have been established as fact if Suzie's key had been on her keychain. But since it wasn't it leaves open the real possibility that they exited through the side door. Additionally, that would have been much easier to conceal what was going on inside and when the women were loaded into the van or other vehicle.

My personal opinion is that the whole crime scene was staged including the entry and exit. And anything inside should be seen as staging. I doubt seriously that the overturned book on Sherrill's bed was really her getting up and seeing who was at the door, for example. The purses lined up, the missing photograph and empty frame. Probably the only thing that could be seen as realistic would be the taking off of the make-up. And that has also been called into question.

The one thing the perp could not allow was that the crime scene was pristine when the police would enter the home, perhaps 24 hours later.

My point was that it was necessary to get people into the house to destroy forensic material. IMO it was well planned and was not a burglary.

I'm confused as to why we are all of a sudden acting like this is a "New Theory". This whole hypothesis has been discussed many many times previously.

I hadn't considered that but it does make perfect sense doesn't it? That would tell the perp that he/they had managed to destroy the crime scene forensics by the unwitting actions of the visitors to the home. Thank you! Thank you very much.

But you have considered it. This theory has been discussed many many times before. This isn't new.

In a 1992 interview JK says " they said they were going the that other girls house "
What " other girl
" Suzie ? Odd she don't call her friend by her name but " other girl "

2011 interview with JK .
" Mike "SAID" we went to Susie's house " I had never been to the house they had moved there recently .

Why had MH been to the house but not JK ? And for what purpose ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was JK that said that.....not mike. She said it in the Discovery ID Video. She said, "My boyfriend Mike picked me up and we drove to Suzie's house. I had never been there before". JK's words, not Mike.

It was JK that said that.....not mike. She said it in the Discovery ID Video. She said, "My boyfriend Mike picked me up and we drove to Suzie's house. I had never been there before". JK's words, not Mike.

Do you know WHY mike had been there , before ?

But you have considered it. This theory has been discussed many many times before. This isn't new.

Actually it is in the context that it was the deliberate plan of the perp to leave the door unlocked so as to get visitors into the house to contaminate the crime scene. There were a lot of moving parts in the plan. The phone call being answered whether the house had been entered. The perp could then move to the ultimate goal which was to murder the women for whatever reason.

Actually it is in the context that it was the deliberate plan of the perp to leave the door unlocked so as to get visitors into the house to contaminate the crime scene. There were a lot of moving parts in the plan. The phone call being answered whether the house had been entered. The perp could then move to the ultimate goal which was to murder the women for whatever reason.

Second verse same as the first. Already been discussed.....in this context.

You know......why do you indulge in inaccuracies. When have you ever heard MH say ANYTHING about this crime? NEVER!
JK was the one speaking in all of the videos and stories. NOT MH!!!!

I believe that we would be safe in assuming that the police spoke extensively to Mike and he could and probably did convey that to Jannelle. This is a distinction without a difference.

I do agree that she is the one heard speaking and he didn't. I agree completely on that point, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$