Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What got me was how freely everyone just opened the door and walked around. Never in my life have I done that. My daughter attends Kickapoo, which is really weird. So close to this story. But in the photos, this is right off of Glenstone. Highly populated road. How far from there was the van turning around incident?

What got me was how freely everyone just opened the door and walked around. Never in my life have I done that. My daughter attends Kickapoo, which is really weird. So close to this story. But in the photos, this is right off of Glenstone. Highly populated road. How far from there was the van turning around incident?

I too was stunned by that. The only one I can see doing that possibly was Mrs. McCall; if my child were missing I would go to any lengths to find them. But JK and her boyfriend? And answering the phone and erasing phone messages? What? That's outrageous in my opinion.

It's such a shame the phone messages were erased.....if they hadn't been we might not be here today with all these questions. Someone might have been able to recognize the caller's voice. I've wondered, ​did someone recognize the caller's voice and intentionally erased the messages to cover for someone?

It's such a shame the phone messages were erased.....if they hadn't been we might not be here today with all these questions. Someone might have been able to recognize the caller's voice. I've wondered, ​did someone recognize the caller's voice and intentionally erased the messages to cover for someone?

BBM ... Exactly

It isn't certain. It's the opposite of certain. Its speculation being passed off as a simple fact. There's no evidence they were being watched for weeks before their disappearance.

Absolutely.

The case got bogged down in psychics and serial killers and it never recovered.

The very first documentary on the case is a real eye opener into how the case was botched from day one. If there's anyone in this thread who never watched it, I highly recommend it.

The FBI got it right. Someone close to the girls or Sherrill. It's probably too late but I wish they could hit the reset button and start from scratch. Place all three of their personal lives under a microscope and work with that. Don't look at anything else unless they see a legitimate reason to look at something else.....and don't call a psychic or listen to killers craving a few more minutes of fame. They've done enough damage.

Twenty five years later, people still believe the hospital nonsense which was nothing but a "vision" from some random sleuth on the internet. They also spoke to Stacy's ghost in a dream.....yet this stuff is actually included in theories.

I agree.

Not only intoxicated but also had her friend following her home....so they just pull in. Nothing more, nothing less.

Having said that, it is possible that someone was already there visiting Sherrill.

I’m curious.

You say no one was looking at the home prior to going missing.

Can you expand on that a bit more?Information I had was that a van was spotted across the street in a parking lot on several occasions.

If it was “weeks” I would agree, however.

With them doing the image taking in the garage, and seeing voids. Couldn't this just be where the construction company buried stuff from the construction. I work for a construction company and they do that.

The Cox theory does make more sense than anything, he was in the area and I heard did work near their house on several occasions for the gas company(or cable?)
He could have been watching the house, we know he had urges to hurt women.
The only thing is three women would be a lot of work to hide the bodies for one man....but not impossible.

The thing I remember taking away from it was they interviewed Bartt Streeter at length. He truly seemed genuinely sad about his mother and sister and the fact they were estranged at the time they went missing. I don't think he was involved.
I don't think he was involved either. He's not an angel though and this is probably why they initially put him under the radar temporarily.

Fighting with his sister when they lived together, somewhat dysfunctional relationship with mother/family, heavy drinker, etc.

I'd like to know more about the partying they did together and more importantly, who they were partying with. It's certainly possible that Bart knew their killer(s) yet at the same time, has/had no idea they were the killer(s).

This is gonna sound like cliche profiling 101......but did Bart have any potential stressors in his life leading up to their disappearance? While I don't believe he was involved, these types of things have to be placed under the microscope.

Like I said in my last post, one more serious crack at this case is needed while Stacy's mom is still alive. Aim that miscroscope at Bart, specifically Bart's circle of friends, Sherrill's love life, Sherrill's clients, and at everyone in Stacy and Suzy's circle. Not just the inner circle.....all of them.

When going down the friend route, discussion has always revolved around Janelle. A few reasons for that obviously but its not fair to Janelle and it also lets everyone else in their inner and outer circle stay off the radar. Janelle was not the only person they knew.

Last but not least...when going to parties, your circle just got bigger....even if only temporarily.

Many like to ignore the fact they disappeared right after going to parties. I dont ignore it.

I always thought the supposed van incident was nothing more than a red herring. I throw it in the category with the serial killers and ghosts pointing at hospital garages as things that helped botch the case.

The van was focused on too much and too early. It's not the only case where this happens either.

Is it possible that they were taken away in a van? Yes. It's also equally possible they were taken in a truck or a car.

Another incident I throw in the red herring category is the witness supposedly seeing the three of them eating at a restaurant that night/morning. I have serious doubts that Stacy went out for an early breakfast wearing panties.

I too was stunned by that. The only one I can see doing that possibly was Mrs. McCall; if my child were missing I would go to any lengths to find them. But JK and her boyfriend? And answering the phone and erasing phone messages? What? That's outrageous in my opinion.
I have always been suspicious of their early morning/afternoon activities in the hours following the crime.

Having said that, I try placing myself in that position at their age. Other than calling LE at some point, there really is no right thing to do. For the sake of this discussion let's say they witnessed some sort of fight or other incident(however minor) at one of the parties. In that situation they would be unlikely to even imagine it could potentially lead to their friends and her mom vanishing into thin air. You wouldn't see a link.

So while it may appear they are removing/cleaning evidence, at the same time it could just be teens not understanding the magnitude of the unfolding situation.

It is unfortunate that critical hours were lost. Even when Stacy's mom finds out they're missing, the red flags still aren't waving yet. Her mom shoulders no blame of course but its unfortunate that it took awhile for it to click that these girls are not gone on their own free will. I cant even imagine the horror of how she felt when it dawned on her that wherever Stacy is, she's there barefoot and wearing panties. In other words, she's in distress.

The immediate hours post-disappearance have always begged a question to their friends(ALL of them)...

Where did they think they went? All the cars are sitting right there in front of the house. They had plans made for that day. yes its possible to change plans but like I said....cars are right there. Could someone have picked them up? Of course...but why not call someone with this changed plan, especially Stacy's mom? Leave a note?

Did any of them really believe, even for a second, that the girls and Sherrill walked somewhere? If so, where? To a local diner? A morning jog?

I do realize it was from the era(which I miss) when cell phones were not mainstream(pagers either) and you didn't announce to the world your presence on social media every five minutes. However, you would tell someone since you already have plans that will take up most of that day and there are people waiting for you.

With them doing the image taking in the garage, and seeing voids. Couldn't this just be where the construction company buried stuff from the construction. I work for a construction company and they do that.
Whatever is in there, its not the missing women or anything related to the crime whatsoever. People need to finally move on from the garage and it never should've entered the narrative of this tragedy.

In future docs, books, or podcasts, I'm hoping they start ignoring it completely. I roll my eyes every time it's mentioned....and it also shows how little thought and research there was in any show that mentions it.

I would appeal to those seriously interested in the case to move past the psychic stories, men in wing tipped shoes and all of the other bizarre stories coming in the early days.

As to the psychic business, that was thoroughly debunked. That was spread all over the internet but ultimately was tracked down to one single individual who was banned in the first thread.

It would be useful to concentrate on the motive for this crime.

Because the money was left in Sherrill's purse it is logical to believe robbery was not the motive.

We do not know who and why anyone let in the house. That could have been anyone who was trusted.

Ask yourself who you would let in the house at 3:30 AM in the morning. That list has to be exceedingly small.

If the grave robbers are ruled out and the GJ3 are ruled out . As to Cox, why anyone would want to rule him out in view of his lies and deceptions is beyond my understanding.

However, if he is ruled out, we are only left to two other possibilities, and a lone stalker is a definite possibility UNLESS, as some have postulated, a dirty cop or cops were allowed in. A cop is the ONLY stranger who would be allowed in the house.

Who says gj3 are ruled out ?

Do you know how a case is presented to the GJ And what's required burden of proof ? Have you ever sat on a GJ ?

Just bc a jury failed to indict dosen't mean there wasn't probable cause perhaps just not enough . And that's what they're waiting on .. someone to come forward with some additional Information .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said “if”. They have not proven to be productive suspects. The only one mentioned has been Garrison only, so far as I can tell because he had connections to the Rogersville area.

I’ve never found anyone who put much stock in them. Much more promising would be Cox, and others.

I wish it were possible to rule out Cox. No idea how.

The single stalker and the rogue cop or fake cop would seem more likely if Cox could be ruled out. And of course there is another obvious suspect.

One male lived nearby. There was one male subject who flunked the polygraph as stated in the News-Leader as of 6-23-92. We do not know who that was.

I said “if”. They have not proven to be productive suspects. The only one mentioned has been Garrison only, so far as I can tell because he had connections to the Rogersville area.

I’ve never found anyone who put much stock in them. Much more promising would be Cox, and others.

I wish it were possible to rule out Cox. No idea how.

The single stalker and the rogue cop or fake cop would seem more likely if Cox could be ruled out. And of course there is another obvious suspect.

One male lived nearby. There was one male subject who flunked the polygraph as stated in the News-Leader as of 6-23-92. We do not know who that was.

BBM....is there away to get names of people who lived in, say a , block area of the house?

BBM....is there away to get names of people who lived in, say a , block area of the house?

It would take a visit to the local library and check the city directory, assuming the owner or tenant was not unwilling. There may other methods but this is the one that comes to mind.

I had heard that there were several sightings of a van after the disappearance but not prior.
Also, I will find the source but a note was found at a supermarket saying something about using a gas repairman identity as a ruse? I will find and post.
I have no doubt someone was stalking one of them.

Is the term "ruse" used in every day speech in the MO area? Because out my way (California)- I don't think I've ever heard anyone say the word "ruse" in every day speech, except LE.
We would say, "trick them with gas repairman identity", or some such.
It always seemed to me that LE was on TV in 1992, looking for tips and claiming someone (Cox) used a RUSE to lure the women into their vehicle. Then, as a hoax, somebody created that note at a Supermarket - with the exact words they heard on the air from LE - and placed it where it would be found.

One should go over old information from time to time to see inconsistencies.

Having dug through quite specific discussions on another site it does seem accurate to say there was a van that pulled onto Grand Street from Kentwood Street. It was clearly seen as it nearly crashed into the “Yard Sale Lady” who was putting up signs for an upcoming sale. She is widely considered as very reliable. This was sometime after 3 AM. The YSL described the driver as quite good looking and more or less matched the description of the driver and van seen in the neighborhood just prior to the women going missing and never seen again.

IMO we can deduce the “Porch Lady’s” account is likely debunked.

We were told many times (unverified) that the cops were looking for Garrison and “TR” in connection specifically with this case. The on-going drug use was ignored according to the source.

This is where the rubber meets the road. One stated specifically that the other had nothing to do with the case. If this is not true, then it has to cast doubt on the “iron-clad” alibi.

I take no position in this except I found Garrison to be very credible. If he and “TR” had nothing to do with this, who was the driver of the van who turned east in Grand street that night?

Indeed we have a true “mystery” man do we not?

Thoughts?

Missouri Mule, do you know if those suspects had access to a van that would match?

Missouri Mule, do you know if those suspects had access to a van that would match?

Not really. I tend to think so, however.

Some years ago the individual who appeared to be a strong suspect had access to a van. Evidently that story didn’t hold up. There was a strong motive, and a number of other individuals were involved. I still wonder. He had access to a van if the story was accurate and allegedly bragged about it.

If that story is untrue, then it comes down someone else. According to one grand jury witness, a lot of emphasis was placed on the van. It gets very confusing. Surely the police should have nailed this down solid.

An officer was assigned the task of tracking all such vans in the entire country if my recollection is accurate. I talked to this officer but although he didn’t discuss the van he did volunteer that Suzie did not have a key to the side door. A family friend related how Sherrill had concerns that Suzie didnt always secure the door and wasn’t given a key which would explain why there was no key.

I do not believe the “Porch Lady’s” account is probable as it conflicts with the YSL which I do believe is likely. A male was driving the van, not Suzie and it was 2 to 3 hours before the Porch Lady surfaced with her remembrance. Also one of the officers who looked into the matter expressed doubt that it was accurate.

As an aside I read today that the “Black Dalia” crime has finally been solved. Perhaps this case will one day be solved but probably not while many of us are alive.

WOW. Black Dalia was solved, will go check that out.

One should go over old information from time to time to see inconsistencies.

Having dug through quite specific discussions on another site it does seem accurate to say there was a van that pulled onto Grand Street from Kentwood Street. It was clearly seen as it nearly crashed into the “Yard Sale Lady” who was putting up signs for an upcoming sale. She is widely considered as very reliable. This was sometime after 3 AM. The YSL described the driver as quite good looking and more or less matched the description of the driver and van seen in the neighborhood just prior to the women going missing and never seen again.

IMO we can deduce the “Porch Lady’s” account is likely debunked.

We were told many times (unverified) that the cops were looking for Garrison and “TR” in connection specifically with this case. The on-going drug use was ignored according to the source.

This is where the rubber meets the road. One stated specifically that the other had nothing to do with the case. If this is not true, then it has to cast doubt on the “iron-clad” alibi.

I take no position in this except I found Garrison to be very credible. If he and “TR” had nothing to do with this, who was the driver of the van who turned east in Grand street that night?

Indeed we have a true “mystery” man do we not?

Thoughts?

I too don't believe the so called "porch lady".

1. Sitting out on your porch around dawn, yes people do it, but not common.

2. She could clearly hear the man telling the woman driving the van to turn around and don't do anything stupid. The woman was crying and distraught. Wouldn't you call the police if you witnessed this? I know some people don't want to get involved, but really? Also, she must have had superpower hearing to hear the conversation. My grandchildren come to my home frequently, I often sit on my front porch awaiting their arrival. They are loud, boisterous boys, and I can't hear their conversation while they are in their car. Don't buy it.

3. The "porch lady" waited quite some time to report this. Odd, the news coverage once it was discovered was extensive, but it took her awhile to realize it was Suzy driving the van? No way.

4. If you abducted 3 women, would you be driving around with the windows down? That's the only way the witness could have heard the conversation. What if the women screamed? This is so ridiculous.

Having said this, I'm not saying a van wasn't involved. A panel van with no back windows would be a perfect way to conceal and transport the women. I just think the "porch lady" is not credible.

I don't remember if I read it here or on another site: there was mention of the owners of a BBQ restaurant being involved. Missouri Mule do you know what/who I am mentioning? I think they were also involved in a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2