Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Sherrill Levitt was born on November 1, 1944, and was age 47 at time of her disappearance. She was 5 feet 0 inches (1.52 m), 110 pounds (50 kg), with short light blonde hair, brown eyes and pierced ears. She was a cosmetologist at a local salon and a single mother, and was described as being very close to her daughter, Suzanne Elizabeth "Suzie" Streeter. Streeter was born on March 9, 1973 (age 19 in 1992), was 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m), 102 pounds (46 kg), with shoulder length blonde hair and brown eyes. Her distinguishable marks included a scar on her upper right forearm, a small mole on the left corner of her mouth, and pierced ears (left ear pierced twice). Streeter's friend, Stacy McCall, was born on April 23, 1974 (age 18 in 1992), was 5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m) and 120 pounds (54 kg), with long dark blonde hair and light colored eyes.[1]

The Springfield Three - Wikipedia

attachment.php

On Tuesday, fresh flowers rest near by a memorial to the two teens and mother. Like those fresh flowers Stacy McCall's mother tells KSPR she feels fresh leads, technology and investigators can still bring her daughter and the other two women home.

"I look at Stacy and I think she's not 18, she's 38. It's heartbreaking," McCall said in an interview with us on the twenty year anniversary. "Twenty birthdays and twenty Thanksgivings and Christmases and so many times that we sit around the table wanting her nearby."

(...)

Chief Webb offers this advice to any law enforcement who finds the mystery in their hands: "Never give up. You have to go to work on this and treat any piece of information like it's the glue we've been waiting for to crack this case open."

Janis McCall asks people who speculate to stick to the facts and stay away from so many rumors she feels have sensationalized the case.The reward fund for prosecution of those responsible now sits at 42 thousand dollars.

New eyes could eventually solve case of Springfield's 3 missing women

Thread #1

Thread #2 - pulled

Thread #3 -
pulled
Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #8
Admin note: During the period the posts in #2 and #3 were being made, Websleuths rules were different, links are no longer good and much of the discusssion that took place at that time has since been disproved as not connected or incorrect. For that reason, Threads #2 and #3 will remain unavailable.

Sometimes, a colder case needs fresh eyes. Eyes that will start with nothing and examine every available resource to come up with a theory. This is one of those cases. What was done was done. Some was very helpful and bears continued scrutiny. Some has already been put to bed and left behind. Consider Threads #2 and #3 to be the latter. Thank you to all who examine the facts of this case and provide your thoughts. These women still wait for justice. Their family members still await closure.

tlcya

Attachments

• Springfield_Three.jpg
    Springfield_Three.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know if families have got together in recent years and thought of hiring a private detective to try and get some fresh eyes on this?

With the wonders of the internet surely if money is a issue they could set up a go fund me page?

Does anybody know if families have got together in recent years and thought of hiring a private detective to try and get some fresh eyes on this?

With the wonders of the internet surely if money is a issue they could set up a go fund me page?

That's an idea.......seems that's sorta what the "Cold Justice" team does in a matter of a week or 2 and doesn't charge a dime (to the family).

Sherrill Levitt was born on November 1, 1944, and was age 47 at time of her disappearance. She was 5 feet 0 inches (1.52 m), 110 pounds (50 kg), with short light blonde hair, brown eyes and pierced ears. She was a cosmetologist at a local salon and a single mother, and was described as being very close to her daughter, Suzanne Elizabeth "Suzie" Streeter. Streeter was born on March 9, 1973 (age 19 in 1992), was 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m), 102 pounds (46 kg), with shoulder length blonde hair and brown eyes. Her distinguishable marks included a scar on her upper right forearm, a small mole on the left corner of her mouth, and pierced ears (left ear pierced twice). Streeter's friend, Stacy McCall, was born on April 23, 1974 (age 18 in 1992), was 5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m) and 120 pounds (54 kg), with long dark blonde hair and light colored eyes.[1]

The Springfield Three - Wikipedia

attachment.php

On Tuesday, fresh flowers rest near by a memorial to the two teens and mother. Like those fresh flowers Stacy McCall's mother tells KSPR she feels fresh leads, technology and investigators can still bring her daughter and the other two women home.

"I look at Stacy and I think she's not 18, she's 38. It's heartbreaking," McCall said in an interview with us on the twenty year anniversary. "Twenty birthdays and twenty Thanksgivings and Christmases and so many times that we sit around the table wanting her nearby."

(...)

Chief Webb offers this advice to any law enforcement who finds the mystery in their hands: "Never give up. You have to go to work on this and treat any piece of information like it's the glue we've been waiting for to crack this case open."

Janis McCall asks people who speculate to stick to the facts and stay away from so many rumors she feels have sensationalized the case.The reward fund for prosecution of those responsible now sits at 42 thousand dollars.

New eyes could eventually solve case of Springfield's 3 missing women

Thread #1

Thread #2 - pulled

Thread #3 -
pulled
Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #8
Admin note: During the period the posts in #2 and #3 were being made, Websleuths rules were different, links are no longer good and much of the discusssion that took place at that time has since been disproved as not connected or incorrect. For that reason, Threads #2 and #3 will remain unavailable.

Sometimes, a colder case needs fresh eyes. Eyes that will start with nothing and examine every available resource to come up with a theory. This is one of those cases. What was done was done. Some was very helpful and bears continued scrutiny. Some has already been put to bed and left behind. Consider Threads #2 and #3 to be the latter. Thank you to all who examine the facts of this case and provide your thoughts. These women still wait for justice. Their family members still await closure.

tlcya

"She was a cosmetologist at a local salon and a single mother, and was described as being very close to her daughter, "

This is why I think that the plan was to take sherrill and Suzie thoghter because they were close, if they took only sherrill ( if she was the target) then Suzie will probably know why and who... and of course the opposite ( if Suzie was the target), the motive in my opinion was to silenced Sherrill and Suzie.

They could take sherrill during the hours she was alone , it would be more easy, but they didn't
because they had to wait to Suzie's return,
this is what I strongly believe from the start but I can
definitely understand people who believe that something bad followed Suzie and stacy from the party because I agree that it is strange that the kidnapping happened specifically in the day of the graduation parties and not a few days before or after.

These 2 different theories Conflicting themselves
and this is another layer of unbelievable luck of the criminals ,together with the infection of the initial crime scene.

It is very sad that money is a big factor also in cases like this,if the money reward for information was huge I am sure that someone would talk and "sell"
his friend/friends to the police and there will be justice and Closure, maybe not someone from the first circle of family or friends but someone will talk.

Or we need some new passionate detective , like the State Trooper Robert “Bronco” Lesneski in the David Tyll and Brian George Ognjan cold case disappearance in 1985, A detective with kindness and determination ,he didn't let go until he brought the Douvall brothers to justice and to jail for life without parole ( in 2003) for the murder of David and Brian.

Last edited:
"She was a cosmetologist at a local salon and a single mother, and was described as being very close to her daughter, "

This is why I think that the plan was to take sherrill and Suzie thoghter because they were close, if they took only sherrill ( if she was the target) then Suzie will probably know why and who... and of course the opposite ( if Suzie was the target), the motive in my opinion was to silenced Sherrill and Suzie.

They could take sherrill during the hours she was alone , it would be more easy, but they didn't
because they had to wait to Suzie's return,
this is what I strongly believe from the start but I can
definitely understand people who believe that something bad followed Suzie and stacy from the party because I agree that it is strange that the kidnapping happened specifically in the day of the graduation parties and not a few days before or after.

These 2 different theories Conflicting themselves
and this is another layer of unbelievable luck of the criminals ,together with the infection of the initial crime scene.

It is very sad that money is a big factor also in cases like this,if the money reward for information was huge I am sure that someone would talk and "sell"
his friend/friends to the police and there will be justice and Closure, maybe not someone from the first circle of family or friends but someone will talk.

Or we need some new passionate detective , like the State Trooper Robert “Bronco” Lesneski in the David Tyll and Brian George Ognjan cold case disappearance in 1985, A detective with kindness and determination ,he didn't let go until he brought the Douvall brothers to justice and to jail for life without parole ( in 2003) for the murder of David and Brian.
I totally agree with the idea of a larger reward as an incentive to getting someone to talk. I also think that if police would also throw out an offer of unfettered guaranteed immunity from prosecution, to anyone who would come forward and tell them the whole story of what happened that night, this case may also finally be solved. At this point, 22-yrs later, I think this option should be utilized by police. I would at least be worth a try.

I totally agree with the idea of a larger reward as an incentive to getting someone to talk. I also think that if police would also throw out an offer of unfettered guaranteed immunity from prosecution, to anyone who would come forward and tell them the whole story of what happened that night, this case may also finally be solved. At this point, 22-yrs later, I think this option should be utilized by police. I would at least be worth a try.
Interesting idea.

But 22 years isn't very long. Oh, we can perceive it as such. We here here x all those years ago when the crimes took place, and now, many years later, we are here x.

We change, we age, but the facts of that night are ever new, and justice, and punishment, is predicated on the moment of the crime's occurrence. The crime is forever new.

I'd offer immunity to anyone with knowledge who helped after the fact. But those who committed the kidnappings and murders must face justice always.

Happy to see a new thread as the longer ones get unwieldy after awhile.

I won’t name the other forum but there has been a lot of discussion about Sherrill having gone to an APCO station about a “significant” event late that night. I am advised by several people that the clerk who was on duty still maintains she came into the station.

Essentially it was a one day story and soon forgotten. I do not believe it happened. I checked with someone who was personally involved in a citizen’s group. He said it didn’t happen after a two week investigation,

If anyone has contrary information I would appreciate seeing it. I will keep an open mind.

Until I see something better, I see four logical suspects. In my opinion one stands out for a specific reason and he would have knowledge of how to commit the crime. I won’t name him here, however.

I think this was mentioned on Thread #7.......according to ? Stacy's blood was 'on the porch' and she was (supposedly) dragged from the house.

IMO it's 'rumor'. But if it is a clear cut fact #1. Anyone have a reference? Please share.

#2. If it is true, then IMO even more confusing as to why JK and MH didn't 'sound the alarm'.

Once again, if the blood incident is a fact, their actions that day.....does not make sense IMO.
Not saying they did 'it' but....definitely...strange.

I also read that Stacey’s finger prints were on the front door. I think I read it on a earlier thread that it proves she arrived at the house that morning.

I still think the van sighting seen by the paper boy/girl is really intriguing as it makes sense you would park up on the a street over and wait until the girls had got into bed before a blitz attack if followed home.

I won’t name the other forum but there has been a lot of discussion about Sherrill having gone to an APCO station about a “significant” event late that night. I am advised by several people that the clerk who was on duty still maintains she came into the station.

Essentially it was a one day story and soon forgotten. I do not believe it happened. I checked with someone who was personally involved in a citizen’s group. He said it didn’t happen after a two week investigation,

If anyone has contrary information I would appreciate seeing it. I will keep an open mind.

Until I see something better, I see four logical suspects. In my opinion one stands out for a specific reason and he would have knowledge of how to commit the crime. I won’t name him here, however.
But, by the same logic, all of the law enforcement agencies that were involved in the investigation, still had not been able to confirm MH's whereabouts and alibi, three months into the investigation. Personally, I feel the convenient store clerks sighting account can't be dismissed. The convenient store clerk was fairly adamant that it was Sherrill.
Especially is it was true. If it was true, that adds even more validity to the possibility that something caused Sherrill to leave her house at that early hour looking for Susie, as well as may add credence to the theory that the girls never made it home that night.

I think this was mentioned on Thread #7.......according to ? Stacy's blood was 'on the porch' and she was (supposedly) dragged from the house.

IMO it's 'rumor'. But if it is a clear cut fact #1. Anyone have a reference? Please share.

#2. If it is true, then IMO even more confusing as to why JK and MH didn't 'sound the alarm'.

Once again, if the blood incident is a fact, their actions that day.....does not make sense IMO.
Not saying they did 'it' but....definitely...strange.
The "Rumor" I heard was that her foot print was found on the inside of the door frame, like she was trying to keep someone from taking her from the house. However, this is just a "Rumor" and has never been stated publicly by the police anywhere in the news that I've ever read.

What if.....SPD believed the perp(s) never entered the Delmar residence?

Theories?
IMO if this was the case, there are only a couple possibilities. One, everything went down outside the house. Two, the girls never made it home that night, the Convenient store sighting was legit, and Sherrill also never made it back to the house, and the cars and purses were brought back to the house. We know several people did enter the house the next day.

I also read that Stacey’s finger prints were on the front door. I think I read it on a earlier thread that it proves she arrived at the house that morning.

I still think the van sighting seen by the paper boy/girl is really intriguing as it makes sense you would park up on the a street over and wait until the girls had got into bed before a blitz attack if followed home.
But again, if you read this somewhere, it had to have been on one of the forums because I've never seen that stated publicly in any news article about the case, and I've read all of them that I could get my hands on, including sending off for micro-fich reels to look at the stories from back then, first hand.

As long as the person you're referring to isn't the same person we've talked about who was at work all night long 70-miles away, you're fine. That's not who you're referring to is it?

I have always felt that the van sighting by the paper delivery boy/girl was valid. Whether the van they saw had anything to do with the crime is another story. But, it was reported by police, that someone had told them that they had seen the cars parked differently, than they were parked later that day. It may have been the paper boy/girl who told police that, but I don't know. Someone did though. It was reported in the paper.

Interesting idea.

But 22 years isn't very long. Oh, we can perceive it as such. We here here x all those years ago when the crimes took place, and now, many years later, we are here x.

We change, we age, but the facts of that night are ever new, and justice, and punishment, is predicated on the moment of the crime's occurrence. The crime is forever new.

I'd offer immunity to anyone with knowledge who helped after the fact. But those who committed the kidnappings and murders must face justice always.

That's what I meant. Offer it to those who have significant knowledge or indirect involvement, but not ever to those who actually committed the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant