Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

I did NOT just eat chicken tenders and fries. Did NOT. If anyone tells you that, they LIE you hear me? they LIE

Jurors sent home for today....

WRAL NEWS in NC ‏@wral 1min
Jurors sent home for the day in Raven #AbaroaTrial. They deliberated for more than 5 hours without a verdict. They continue 9:30a Friday.

Jurors sent home for today....

WRAL NEWS in NC ‏@wral 1min
Jurors sent home for the day in Raven #AbaroaTrial. They deliberated for more than 5 hours without a verdict. They continue 9:30a Friday.

Seems like Keith Morrison and all of the true crime reporters on Dateline and 20/20 say a quick verdict is usually guilty and the longer a jury stays out the higher the chance of a not guilty verdict. 5 hours for deliberating so far is minimal. I am happy they appear to be thorough as it's a heavy responsibility.
In my honest opinion, their days are too short--begin at 9:30, break, 90 minutes for lunch, break, gone at 5pm. When you do the math, court is not in session nor are deliberations going for much time at all. Again, I loved Judge B. Perry in the CA trial, he started on time, shortened up the lunches and stayed late, even offered to go into the nighttime hours and weekends for both testimony and deliberations if needed. That's the way it should be done unless the jurors and main players just aren't up to it mentally and physically.

Seems like Keith Morrison and all of the true crime reporters on Dateline and 20/20 say a quick verdict is usually guilty and the longer a jury stays out the higher the chance of a not guilty verdict. 5 hours for deliberating so far is minimal. I am happy they appear to be thorough as it's a heavy responsibility.
In my honest opinion, their days are too short--begin at 9:30, break, 90 minutes for lunch, break, gone at 5pm. When you do the math, court is not in session nor are deliberations going for much time at all. Again, I loved Judge B. Perry in the CA trial, he started on time, shortened up the lunches and stayed late, even offered to go into the nighttime hours and weekends for both testimony and deliberations if needed. That's the way it should be done unless the jurors and main players just aren't up to it mentally and physically.

Yep, I am not concerned. Maybe tomorrow I will lol.

RE: Hours. Considering the fact that jurors are losing income -sometimes-, setting their lives aside and possibly not there just cuz it's so fun, I don't mind them having short hours. :)

Yep, I am not concerned. Maybe tomorrow I will lol.

RE: Hours. Considering the fact that jurors are losing income -sometimes-, setting their lives aside and possibly not there just cuz it's so fun, I don't mind them having short hours. :)

Yea, but considering they are losing income that makes working longer hours more important the way I look at it.
Anyhow, I'm not worried yet either. Tomorrow afternoon at this time, if there still isn't a verdict, I'll start worrying.

Yea, but considering they are losing income that makes working longer hours more important the way I look at it.
Anyhow, I'm not worried yet either. Tomorrow afternoon at this time, if there still isn't a verdict, I'll start worrying.

trudat my friend. Time for a nap. Wait. I'm at work, darnit.

Really praying that tomorrow there will be Justice for Janet, her unborn child, Kaiden, Janet's family & friends.

It's been a long 8 years, it's time for Justice.

Praying for Justice for Janet.

Trying to find things to do to occupy my mind while waiting for a verdict. Feel like I've been holding my breathe with the waiting.

WRAL NEWS in NC ‏@wral 41m

Jury resumes deliberations this AM in Raven #AbaroaTrial after 4 hrs of closing arguments Wed. More details: http://www.wral.com/12492085

WRAL NEWS in NC ‏@wral 21m

#AbaroaTrial jurors ask for 9 items: 911 call, layout of house, crime scene photos, bank statements, phone records, photos of Abaroa ...

WRAL NEWS in NC ‏@wral 21m

#AbaroaTrial – They also want video following a phone call with police, Raven Abaroa's clothing, and a lead detective's notes

https://twitter.com/wral

On the 911 Call (NC Wanted) at around the 3:55 mark, the operator asks Raven "what time did she go" and he responded "around 8". To me this is huge and from what I can find, it is never mentioned !!!

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/audio/2034527/

Worse court hours were in AZ during the Arias trial-- no court at all on one day of the week. The jury asked about staying later or on the weekends -- as did one jury in Wake County -- the juries were told the same thing in both counties -- they were not budgeted for extra hours, and of course a fair amount of security is involved as well as that involving transporting the defendant back & forth, so it could not be done in either location. I'm sure that's what we have here.

Florida must have had more bucks in their courtroom kitty. Pity.

Praying for Justice for Janet.

Trying to find things to do to occupy my mind while waiting for a verdict. Feel like I've been holding my breathe with the waiting.

bbm

I know the feeling, too, Stars -- I think a lot of us have been holding our breath many times during this thing. I can't imagine how her mom & dad and her siblings are coping. Strong faith helps, and I think each of them has it. May they and all of us sleep well tonight.

Justice for Janet

I am not worried. Tomorrow is Friday.... the jury will take another long hard look at the case and be ready to go right after lunch. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!
I am not worried.
I am not worried.
I am not worried.
I am not worried.

Good night WS.

Worse court hours were in AZ during the Arias trial-- no court at all on one day of the week. The jury asked about staying later or on the weekends -- as did one jury in Wake County -- the juries were told the same thing in both counties -- they were not budgeted for extra hours, and of course a fair amount of security is involved as well as that involving transporting the defendant back & forth, so it could not be done in either location. I'm sure that's what we have here.

Florida must have had more bucks in their courtroom kitty. Pity.

You are right, no funds. I, personally, think there should be enough funds in both the educational system and the judicial/LE systems nationwide to do anything that's necessary. I don't want to get political but it just makes me so mad when we need monies here in the US and so much is leaving our country for other things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrudiS0716
Back