Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

I can't believe I caught that live feed... LOL I wasn't sure if it was live or a replay.

I'm SO nervous I couldn't understand. I get much better audio on WRAL - did he tell them to go to lunch and then deliberate? Or deliberate before lunch?

Breathe - remind ourselves to breathe. And pray.

What?? I didn't hear this???

Single Juror Holdout: Foreman says jury split 11 to 1 with last vote. State asking for them to deliberate until 1pm. Defense pushing for mistrial. #AbaroaTrial #ABC11 #breaking

Like · Comment

7 men, 5 women on the jury. I am thinking it must be a man who is the holdout, one way or the other. Simply the odds. I'm probably wrong but it seems that the women jurors would see RA in the same light as we do.

I thought the defense wanted them to continue to deliberate too. Did anyone hear them ask for a mistrial?

I'm SO nervous I couldn't understand. I get much better audio on WRAL - did he tell them to go to lunch and then deliberate? Or deliberate before lunch?

Breathe - remind ourselves to breathe. And pray.

He told them to go back and deliberate until lunch at 1 and if they are still hung, go to lunch, and then come back and deliberate some more.

I thought the defense wanted them to continue to deliberate too. Did anyone hear them ask for a mistrial?

Yes, that's pretty standard with a hung jury. He didn't get it obviously. When the judge read the Allen charge, did you all notice he kind of punched up 'it's your DUTY' to reach a verdit.

I am in WI - central time zone. I know I should know this, but I don't. It's 11:06 my time. What time is it there? 10:06?

After hearing from the foreman, the jury is deadlocked (11-1), the judge excused the jury.

Judge asks each side what they would like next.

State asks for the jury to continue deliberating, lunch and Allen charge

2z4xuom.png

Defense agrees with the state

ddjm11.png

Defendant

iwi4on.png

Jury reenters the courtroom

vjl1x.png

Judge encourages the jury to continue deliberating (Allen charge)

2yubx8p.png

After the jury leaves courtroom to continue deliberating

4loemt.png

bhk17o.png

Back to the holding cell he goes, while the jury continues deliberations

aoxbna.png

Tiger, I heart you. You are always on top of it, and I so appreciate all your pix.
It looks like Raven's attorney's are comforting him??? They too, must think the jurors are voting guilty. This is a GOOD sign, peeps.

Heart in throat - no room for food.
Any minute. Any minute we can have Justice for Janet.

so what happens if the jury can't come to a decision? will he walk? I find it hard to believe that the state would want to retry this case seeing as how they have virtually no evidence other than the CE. I'm so nervous right now....

Just a FYI, get both WTVD and WRAL screens up so when they come back live if WRVD keeps going out like it did a while ago, wRAL will be on. I kept switching back and forth and cussing at WTVD each time the audio went out or the screen went black.

If the holdout refuses to deliberate, they can replace him/her with an alternate, except he already DISMISSED the alternates!!!!!!

so what happens if the jury can't come to a decision? will he walk? I find it hard to believe that the state would want to retry this case seeing as how they have virtually no evidence other than the CE. I'm so nervous right now....
Oh, they have LOADS of CE. I hope they WILL retry if it comes to that.

It probably depends on which way the jury was leaning. - towards guilt I am sure.

The DA will have to make a decision as to whether to retry him. I think he will be locked up until the decision is made. If the Durham DA's office decides not to retry him, he will walk. We must all start praying right now, if you are of faith. This dirt bag cannot possibly be set loose on another naive and unsuspecting woman.

Oh, they have LOADS of CE. I hope they WILL retry if it comes to that.

It probably depends on which way the jury was leaning. - towards guilt I am sure.

I hope. It honestly will come down to the costs of retrying again. Sad, but the costs factor in. I think if it ended ups being 11 guilty, 1 not guilty, the DA will and should retry.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rUaBadFish2?
Back