MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 20 & 21,2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling emotional. I wonder how the Elvis family is feeling today. I hope and pray they get answers and most of all, are able to bring Heather home to a proper funeral by the end of this. I know it's a long shot with SM/TM but please please please let it happen!!

I'm feeling emotional. I wonder how the Elvis family is feeling today. I hope and pray they get answers and most of all, are able to bring Heather home to a proper funeral by the end of this. I know it's a long shot with SM/TM but please please please let it happen!!

I am too. Maybe not having TM in the courtroom will allow for SM to be honest and tell what really happened. Praying and hoping for truth! The Elvis family has been so strong through this, it's going to be a really rough week or two.

WMBF News
A court official is addressing the potential juror pool and letting them know she will be calling their names individually and asking them what their mileage is getting from their home to the courthouse.
(also their occupation, and their spouse's occupation)

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 2m2 minutes ago
After the clerk goes through the list of potential jurors, the judge may have a few additional questions.

Sheriff Phillip Thompson just thanked all the potential jurors for being here today. #SidneyMoorerTrial @sheriffphillip @horrysheriff

Kaitlin Stansell@kaitlinstansell
This is a high profile case, the mass pool of people is an effort to get an unbiased jury, something that is critical for both sides

WMBF News A court official is addressing the potential juror pool and letting them know she will be calling their names individually and asking them what their mileage is getting from their home to the courthouse.

The clerk said #juryselection will start shortly. She will call everyone's name individual. They each must supply basic information to her.

The potential jurors must stand and say their mileage to the courthouse, their occupation, and their spouse's occupation. #SidneyMoorerTrial

After the clerk goes through the list of potential jurors, the judge may have a few additional questions. #SidneyMoorerTrial #HeatherElvis

WMBF News:
Yes J. Thomas, Judge Markley Dennis granted them bond and has been presiding over this case since.

WMBF News
A bailiff is addressing the crowd to let them know the selection process is about to get started.

The Sun News Verified account ‏@TheSunNews 3m3 minutes ago
Looks like more than 200 potential jurors are in the courtroom. #SidneyMoorer #HeatherElvis

WMBF News less than a minute ago
Judge Markley Dennis has entered the courtroom.

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 1m1 minute ago
Judge Dennis thanked everyone for their patience this morning and turned it over to the clerk. The clerk is starting role call.

WMBF News
The court clerk has begun the roll call. The potential jurors are telling the clerk their mileage, their occupation, whether or not they are married and their spouse's profession if they are married.

WMBF News about a minute ago
The distance of travel for most of the potential jurors so far has been between 15 and 30 miles.

Each potential juror has a number. The clerk is calling each person's number and name. There are at least 200 people in the courtroom.

Meghan Miller ‏@Meghan_WBTW
Jury qualification is now underway. There are well over 200+ potential jurors in the courtroom. #MoorerTrial #HeatherElvis

Note: Wow, there are a LOT of tweeters on this case!!!

One potential juror just told the clerk he was, "happily divorced." It drew a large laugh from the crowd.

One potential juror just told the clerk he was, "happily divorced." It drew a large laugh from the crowd.

Bet SM wishes he could say that, lol

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 4m4 minutes ago
The clerk is running through role call pretty quickly, minus the occasional laugh from the crowd. #juryselection #SidneyMoorerTrial

Most of the potential jurors, so far, say they live 25 miles or less from the Horry County Courthouse. #SidneyMoorerTrial

WMBF News about a minute ago
A large number of the potential jurors so far have told the clerk their marital status is either single, separated or divorced.

The Sun News Verified account ‏@TheSunNews 3m3 minutes ago
Clerk of court getting through the list of potential jurors quickly. #Moorertrial #HeatherElvis

NOTE: Unless something is of real interest to comment on, I'll gather tweets (trying to do in reading order!) every 10 minutes (or so) so not so many posts for others later, and to save folks from refreshing every few iykwim! If I do a lull... just zzzzz :moo:

Can't believe she would stay in Florida and not support her husband. And where are all of their other supporters and SM's family??

IMO all of their supporters are holed up in the camper in FL. TM and all her imaginery friends.

WMBF News 2 minutes ago
After about 25 minutes of the roll call, the clerk has gotten to last names that start with "L."

NOTE: Unfortunately, they aren't designating juror numbers or any information on tweets like in other cases at this time. Perhaps they will on the second round? Or perhaps for a news story when jury is seated? Again, I'm floored at the number of different outlets tweeting!

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 4m4 minutes ago
An array of people in the courtroom for #juryselection. Some are married, some single, and some divorced. There's a wide range of jobs.

Some of the occupations of the potential jurors include a pharmacist, an administrative assistant, a librarian and a restaurant manager.

Janet Morgan ‏@TSN_JBM 4m4 minutes ago
Retired, retired, Costco, WalMart, teacher, retired, retired...body piercer. Jury answering questions. #HeatherElvis #moorertrial

WMBFNews.com ‏@wmbfnews 2m2 minutes ago
Some of the occupations of the potential jurors include a pharmacist, a librarian, a plumber and a restaurant manager. #MoorerTrial

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 7m7 minutes ago
If the potential juror is retired, or their spouse is retired, they must say what their job was before retiring. #SidneyMoorerTrial

Reminder: #SidneyMoorer's trial is for the kidnapping charge. The obstruction of justice charge will not be tried this week. #HeatherElvis

I have a co-worker that had to be there starting today for Jury Duty. I originally figured it must be for other cases, since this person knows the Elvis Family and has grown up here at the beach. But apparently, the potential juror actually got the questionaire in the mail and filled it out stating the knowledge of the family. I'm surprised as I figured that would eliminate this person. Perhaps they STILL have to come to jury duty, but just won't be seated on the jury?

I have a co-worker that had to be there starting today for Jury Duty. I originally figured it must be for other cases, since this person knows the Elvis Family and has grown up here at the beach. But apparently, the potential juror actually got the questionaire in the mail and filled it out stating the knowledge of the family. I'm surprised as I figured that would eliminate this person. Perhaps they STILL have to come to jury duty, but just won't be seated on the jury?

:moo: That is correct she will have to go through it ...they have to go into court to be disqualified :moo:

I don't think SM will say a word even though she's not there. Probably terrified of what she would do and she has the kids..IMO of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members