Misty C. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It already has been:
"Everybody's probably going to take this marriage thing the wrong way but it's not," said Croslin. "Everything's still focused on Haleigh. This is what Haleigh wanted. She's always talked about it."
Croslin said Haleigh even called her "mom."
Since Croslin is only 17, the paperwork has to be filled out by her parents.

Where is that little puking guy when you need him. :doh:

It already has been:
"Everybody's probably going to take this marriage thing the wrong way but it's not," said Croslin. "Everything's still focused on Haleigh. This is what Haleigh wanted. She's always talked about it."
Wanted? Past tense..interesting

Yes they can testify against each other as the crime was committed before they were married.

Maybe they feel like they are doing something for Haleigh? I really don't read anything into this except that Ron is probably feeling very lost right now and just needs to do something. Like getting the tattoos.

Why do people always read something bad into things? I just don't get it. If one of them committed the crime and are caught, it will be a very short marriage.

Yes they can testify against each other as the crime was committed before they were married.

Maybe they feel like they are doing something for Haleigh? I really don't read anything into this except that Ron is probably feeling very lost right now and just needs to do something. Like getting the tattoos.

Why do people always read something bad into things? I just don't get it. If one of them committed the crime and are caught, it will be a very short marriage.

See, funny you say that. There is no tattoo of lovely Misty on Ron. And I don't believe that Teresa (the tat on his chest) is for his mother. He wanted the tat artist to do something about it.

See, funny you say that. There is no tattoo of lovely Misty on Ron. And I don't believe that Teresa (the tat on his chest) is for his mother. He wanted the tat artist to do something about it.

We don't know if that Tat is for his mom, or if he just wanted to fix it up a little. I would think even if it wasn't for his mom he would pretend that it was. Simple deduction.

You can never change your family however you can change your spouse or friends. Haleigh, Jr and mom will ALWAYS be a part of him. I don't blame him for not getting a tat of any girlfriend or wife. It's too hard to take it off if that part of his life ever changes.

Oh come on! Do you know how many young women are victimized sexually that go on to lead normal adult lives?

I never followed that other case but I wish that people would STOP comparing these 2 young women. It is so unfair to Misty as she hasn't come close to being anything like CA. Contary I have seen where people state that she was a pleasant, nice, caring young lady.

I was victimized as a young girl by a group of men who were friends of my parents. They knew nothing about it until I was in my 30's. I babysat one of these mens children and he would take me home. He would drive 3 miles past my house and threaten to make me walk home. No street lights along a dark country road. I was 12 years old. This did not make me a sociopath! Actually it made me choose a profession where I can help young women and men deal with these issues. I have made them see that no matter what people say, they are the victims of a horrible crime. A crime that no woman or man should have to go through EVER nor should they ever be judged because of it!

A man that assaulted Misty in 2005 is currently in prison until 2014 for doing so.

Florida Statute 90.504(3) There is no privilege under this section:
(b) In a criminal proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime committed at any time against the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of a child of either.

So, it looks like the spousal privilege immunity against testifying cant be used if it is regarding a crime against a child. Can anyone confirm?

Littleone48 thank you, thank you, thank you! :clap:

It's like banging one's head against a brick wall repeatedly at times I swear. There is absolutely no reason to compare Misty and Casey A.! Casey is accused of murdering her child, not yet convicted,and also of lying-which has been proven to the point of being pathological. I have yet to hear LE or any other person show cause, evidence or proof of Misty fitting into such a category. Yes granted Misty has changed the story but it doesn't mean anything other than she is completely shell shocked by the experience. We have no right to sling such around until LE gives us proof of such. I'd say that it is more than "unfair."

I also want to thank you for sharing your story. I experienced something similar as a child growing up with an in-law. Kudos to you for your profession too.

Plenty of reason to compare them

Missing child
Tattoos
Continuing their lives (planning a wedding)

More and more this reminds me of Caylee and Casey. It didn't in the beginning but it's really starting to.

The only difference is, Casey's partner in crime was not the object of her affections.

A man that assaulted Misty in 2005 is currently in prison until 2014 for doing so.

What's that have to do with anything? It shouldn't have anything to do with the crime at hand.

You inferred that because of this assault Misty could be worse than CA. How did you get from point A to point B? She is NOT the one in prison, she is the victim.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

It already has been:

This is getting Curiouser and Curiouser to borrow a phrase.....

Somehow I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling here either... More like very nervous one.

Wow....Misty said that Haleigh called her mom???? I think that statement is the most out of line thing I have heard anyone from either "camp" say so far. I don't even care if it is true or not...she should have NEVER said that to anyone, and it shows her to be a very spiteful person. Her comment on My Space to the other "mom" about taking her baby away from her falls right in line with this uncalled for jab at Crystal. I was trying to keep at least a slightly open mind about her because she is so young....so much for that...JMO though.

What's that have to do with anything? It shouldn't have anything to do with the crime at hand.

You inferred that because of this assault Misty could be worse than CA. How did you get from point A to point B? She is NOT the one in prison, she is the victim.

Sorry, I just don't get it.

It has plenty to do with it. As a very young teen she was held captive and assaulted. The crime was heinous enough that the minor that committed it was charged as an adult.

Misty has additionally admitted that her cousin "messed with her" sexually.

So we know of two different times that this 17 year old child was sexually assaulted.

She has no parental support to speak of.

She has been homeless.

Her education maxes out at having completed 7th or 8th grade.

She has had relationships with at least two older men.

A child disappeared while in her care.

None of this is normal. And none of this lays the groundwork for being a well adjusted adult. Misty has had more tragedy and challenge in her young life than most adults that I know.

She has clearly not received any professional help to deal with these things- at least not quality help that will assist her with turning her life around.

I make no apologies for believing that she is in desperate need of therapy and that she is not mentally prepared to be married or play mommy to any children- her own or otherwise.

we were more mature at 17 back in the day because we had discipline,responsiblities we were punished when needed to be. kids now adays are so much more defiant,disrespectful,no loyalty,no responsiblity. all imo if i am wrong but she is to young to be getting married. just sends another picture to our young children

It has plenty to do with it. As a very young teen she was held captive and assaulted. The crime was heinous enough that the minor that committed it was charged as an adult.

Misty has additionally admitted that her cousin "messed with her" sexually.

So we know of two different times that this 17 year old child was sexually assaulted.

She has no parental support to speak of.

She has been homeless.

Her education maxes out at having completed 7th or 8th grade.

She has had relationships with at least two older men.

A child disappeared while in her care.

None of this is normal. And none of this lays the groundwork for being a well adjusted adult. Misty has had more tragedy and challenge in her young life than most adults that I know.

She has clearly not received any professional help to deal with these things- at least not quality help that will assist her with turning her life around.

I make no apologies for believing that she is in desperate need of therapy and that she is not mentally prepared to be married or play mommy to any children- her own or otherwise.

Once again most of what you are saying is your opinion only mixed in with local rumor. There is no proof of any of those statements except the cousin messed with her, unless you have a link?

How do you know that she never received professional help? Usually a victim of this type of crime receives therapy paid in full by the court system. I guess I just don't see what you see.

How do you know her parents don't support her? Her mom seems to support her, not sure about her dad.

Being sexually assaulted has nothing to do with this. It appears that she is well adjusted to me even though she has been thrust into the spotlight for this horrible crime. No matter what everything I have seen, everything I have heard, she loved those kids.

I guess we will just have to disagree. A child disappearing could happen to any one of us. I pray to god that if it ever happens there is a book out to tell us what to say, what not to say and how to act. I would just hate to see the next person go through what Misty has had to endure on these boards.

Once again most of what you are saying is your opinion only mixed in with local rumor. There is no proof of any of those statements except the cousin messed with her, unless you have a link?

This is not opinion. It happened in the town where I live. The person in prison is named Jeremy M. You can look him up at the Florida Dept of Corrections website. Further, go to the Flagler County Clerk of Courts and search records on Jeremy M. You will find that Misty's mother Lisa filed an injunction against him the same time he was charged with assaulting Misty.

How do you know that she never received professional help? Usually a victim of this type of crime receives therapy paid in full by the court system. I guess I just don't see what you see.

Clearly any therapy Misty received did not help. She dropped out of school, was homeless at 14 & 15 years old, and has bounced from one bad relationship with another. If you read my post you will see I said QUALITY therapy. Victims of rape and sexual assault need intensive counseling in order to be capable of having healthy relationships- especially when they are victimized as children. It is also the opinion of mental health professionals that people who are abused at a young age get "stuck" at that maturity level and are more likely to continue being abused and also more likely to abuse.

How do you know her parents don't support her? Her mom seems to support her, not sure about her dad.

Any parent who would let their minor child be homeless clearly does not care about them. Any parent who lets their 16 year old move in with a 25 year old and play mommy to his children instead of making her go to school clearly does not care.
Being sexually assaulted has nothing to do with this. It appears that she is well adjusted to me even though she has been thrust into the spotlight for this horrible crime. No matter what everything I have seen, everything I have heard, she loved those kids.

If you believe what we have heard about and seen of Misty points to her being well adjusted, that's your opinion. Mine is different. And I believe strongly that I am correct.

My answers are in bold above

I don't want to accuse or talk too badly about a teenage girl, but Misty is way smarter than Casey. Casey couldn't even keep a man. Already at age 17, Misti has threatened an ex girlfriend and taunted that she has her man and will have her baby. Just a few months into a relationship, Misti seems to have mom in law's approval, moved in, has this man's kids supposedly calling her Mom, calling Haleigh "our daughter" on 911 call, has him wanting to marry, and even changing the tatoo on his chest. What's hinky about all this to me, is that in order for Haleigh to "always" have talked about the couple marrying, Misti must have been working on her and wanting marriage from the very beginning. Misti could just be in love, but is definitely not stupid.

Oh come on! Do you know how many young women are victimized sexually that go on to lead normal adult lives?

I never followed that other case but I wish that people would STOP comparing these 2 young women. It is so unfair to Misty as she hasn't come close to being anything like CA. Contary I have seen where people state that she was a pleasant, nice, caring young lady.

I was victimized as a young girl by a group of men who were friends of my parents. They knew nothing about it until I was in my 30's. I babysat one of these mens children and he would take me home. He would drive 3 miles past my house and threaten to make me walk home. No street lights along a dark country road. I was 12 years old. This did not make me a sociopath! Actually it made me choose a profession where I can help young women and men deal with these issues. I have made them see that no matter what people say, they are the victims of a horrible crime. A crime that no woman or man should have to go through EVER nor should they ever be judged because of it!
You are so right! I was molisted for 12 years . I did NOT turn out to be a abuser however I did turn out as a adult who is now adoping 4 abused children and a adult who will advocate for abused children everyday of mylife.

Geez.... Someone better call the state and tell them to take another look at me. I was at one point homeless as a teen. I did not finish more then 8th grade in school.I was abused for over 12 years by many people. I married at 17. I have no legal family (except my husband and children) as I was never adopted out of Foster care and lived from age 12 until 16 (until I refused to ever go back) in and out of shelters and foster homes that could care less anything about me. I did NOT get much counseling as i'll be damned if someone is going to tell me how to feel when they have never been threw it.

But yet here I am 30 years old and I am a normal adult. Unless it is adnormal to be married to a cop , having 6 kids ( 4 we are adopting that although we are related to we seen only a handful of times over the years except a small period where they stayed 2 weeks.) while spending your whole life trying to change the way others treat children.

I am sorry but I am so sick and tired of people taking SURVIVORS and trying to make it seem like they MUST of did XYZ because they was abused. Is it hard to heal after being abused? YES it is and it is even harder the world around you assumes you will automatically abuse when your older.

No wonder so many never break the cycle noone believes in them.

I think Misty may of had something to do with this. I thought this BEFORE I knew she was abused and it has NOTHING to do with her being abused me thinking this. The thought that if God forbid one of my children ever got kidnapped everyone would point a finger at me right away bc I was abused makes me sick.

BTW if you want to read more about me and see how SOME turn out. pm for my blog addy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01