Misty Robbed at Apartment Complex

Misty is not going to grow up just because we want her to. I believe in her young mind she can't comprehend the scope and severity of the situation. She has to play out her teenage mindset, do whatever she has to do, which will never agree with an adult way of thinking.

Thank you EastCoast, I do believe you have stated the absolute truth about All of these young individuals involved and generally all young adults ( I have jokingly commented on the young adults in my life of being retarded until they at least turn 30).
Misty, Ronald and Crystal are still very wet behind the ears; and would still need the guidance of the adults (and parents) in their lives. I do not hold the parents responsible for their grown children, but, I do find blame easily placed on these parents for their inability to set an example for these young people as parents (to be good parents). I also am of the opinion that as a grandparent; it is our responsibility to ensure our grandchildren are safe and well cared for.........and not enable our children to be irresponsible, inattentive and reckless when it comes to the care given to our grandchildren (or step-grandchildren). The public can also be held accountable for the irresponsible parenting of young parents and obvious neglect of children in our communities. I feel the children fall through that crack first. The issue of calling DCF is a sore spot with me when a heart felt offer from those that witness, to help these young parents; that we see in our communities that struggle and fail to make the best choices when it comes to the raising of their children, would be better served under that communities guidance instead. ( I am not advocating to take every abuse and neglect situation into your own hands, but in many instances that one offer of kindness to that young parent could make a dramatic difference ( simply because they where not shown by example by there own parents as children on how to be a good parent) in that child's life and the young parents. What is that old saying mean "it takes a village to raise a child"? Does that not suggest responsibility is shared amongst the community that the child is raised in? DCF should not shoulder the whole blame for the children that fall through those cracks within that system, heck most child protective investigations are substantiated or not by those in that community ( adults already involved with the child) in the first place. I know I have gone way of topic,but, feel it is very relevant as to why these young people have found themselves in this current nightmare.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back