Misty's Learning Disabilities

Here's what we know and what we can deduce... evidently Misty has been diagnosed with significant learning disabilities.

Unless someone here has access to MC's prior school and/or medical records or any basis in fact for this statement (other than what are not "reports" at all but AH's paraphrasing of MC's Gma's claims), then in actuality we do not know she was ever "diagnosed" w any such thing.

Okkaaay then.... so far Misty has a nine year-old's intelligence; LE is "confused and erroneous in their investigation;" and we've considered everything from dysgraphia, dyslexia, brain damage, memory disorder, autism, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS), FAE, ADD and/or ADHD (though evidently disputed as mutually exclusive, outmoded classifications of symptoms) to, among other things, "mental retardation." (Excuse me, but this stygmatized term is no longer in use... rightfully so. My children, even, might use the word in reference, never to people, but to things, ie a sign that makes no sense, or a thread eg). But frankly it's beginning to sound more like a good beginning of a diminished capacity defense.

We don't even know for a fact that she indeed had any tough learning disabilities, only that her grandmother chose to explain Misty's trouble w school this way--in the very same sentence she acknowledged her own inability (willingness, or patience) to help Misty w her schoolwork. Fortunately we were privileged to hear from one w the professional expertise and familiarity w actual criteria and costly, extensive process of IQ, personality, achievement testing, necessary to accurately diagnose a true LD.

I'm all for sharing and don't doubt the sincerity of any of the parents who clearly need and deserve a place to share and support one another on a variety of topics. I'm just frankly not sure what evidence or established correlation exists between any of these collective challenges and this potpourri of problems, and Misty. JMO

:parrot:

Kiki, I'm glad you said that. Immediately I saw this thread, I wondered about dim-cap....

I keep looking at Misty's ability to function in her world, wherever she is in the world. In her environment, the people with whom she surrounds herself, etc ... do not lend themselves to a diminished capacity for learning; in fact, I would suggest she demonstrates a remarkable adaptability to her surroundings and is able to assess the dangers and possibilities.

This *to me* suggests a person whose education may not have been traditional, but it was more willful than perhaps functional. It was more familial rather than because of a dysfunction in her brain. I can't discount it, but there is no evidence to demonstrate it. What she does now, *to me* seems to show a young girl able to process some rather abstract concepts.

1. She was able to think well enough on her own to walk out of a police interview.

2. She was able to conduct many many interviews with reporters.

3. She convinced her parents to sign emancipation papers.

4. She was able to sign a marriage license.

5. She signed divorce papers.

Misty functions well when it is what Misty wants and it focuses on Misty. The only place she has problems is when it rightfully focuses on Haleigh.

the only way to know what mistys inteligence is, would be to get her tested. we can assume and guess all we want, but unless someone skilled in that field gave her a bunch of tests, guessing is irrelevant.

That's it. I've had it. NO ONE!!! can ask anymore "how much more weird can this get?"

I hope she is not hurt.

Kiki, I'm glad you said that. Immediately I saw this thread, I wondered about dim-cap....

I keep looking at Misty's ability to function in her world, wherever she is in the world. In her environment, the people with whom she surrounds herself, etc ... do not lend themselves to a diminished capacity for learning; in fact, I would suggest she demonstrates a remarkable adaptability to her surroundings and is able to assess the dangers and possibilities.

This *to me* suggests a person whose education may not have been traditional, but it was more willful than perhaps functional. It was more familial rather than because of a dysfunction in her brain. I can't discount it, but there is no evidence to demonstrate it. What she does now, *to me* seems to show a young girl able to process some rather abstract concepts.

1. She was able to think well enough on her own to walk out of a police interview.

2. She was able to conduct many many interviews with reporters.

3. She convinced her parents to sign emancipation papers.

4. She was able to sign a marriage license.

5. She signed divorce papers.

Misty functions well when it is what Misty wants and it focuses on Misty. The only place she has problems is when it rightfully focuses on Haleigh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we do what we WANT to do. I can become a bumbling incompetent, too, when asked to do something I don't want to do or am asked something I don't want to answer.

They may have been newly matched up, but in that time period, there were calls made to DCF or 911 or something that officers went out to the trailer before Haleigh went missing- so not everything was roses and kittens- And going by true statistics, when children go missing, its more often a parent that did something than a random perp-

jmo
I was wondering if the previous incidents regarding DCF (I have not heard of police being called to Ron's residence prior to HaLeigh's abduction please help with a link I want to read TYI) was a retaliation call against Misty and Ron. If I am understanding things correctly :

It was rumored that Misty told Ron that Jordan was in danger around this time frame. Need confirmation.
September 18, 2008 Misty and Ron start seeing each other. ( Per Misty and recent TM interviews and tests.)
September 25, 2008 Misty filed a police report claiming Lisa Brooks assulted her.
September 26, 2008 CS Weekend visitation
October 06, 2008 Lisa Brooks is charged with Battery on Misty.
October 10, 2008 CS Weekend visitation
October 24, 2008 CS Weekend visitation
It was rumored that the move to this new MH was done because of recomendation from DCF.
Ron gets job at PDM sometime during this Month. Needs to be confimed start date.
November 01, 2008 Ron, Misty. Haleigh and Ron Jr. moved in to MH located at 202 Green lane.
BBM
I see a possible agenda already showing its ugly head.

I also would like to comment on the true statistics, when children go missing, its more often a parent that did something than a random perp-
WHY IS CRYSTAL NOT UNDER THAT MICROSCOPE? I understand the argument she has been cleared, but, no one else has been cleared in her close and extended family.

Well, using your timeline, Haleigh and Jr started being put at risk the moment Ronald started dating Misty.

WHY IS CRYSTAL NOT UNDER THAT MICROSCOPE? I understand the argument she has been cleared, but, no one else has been cleared in her close and extended family.

Probably because it makes no sense that she would steal the child when she was not supporting them at all except the weekends she had them, and I tend to bet she was 100 miles away thats why the cops aren't too concerned- I tend to bet that Ronald did not share his work schedule with her, and I bet she had no idea his hours, or do you think maybe Ron called Crystal that night and told her he was working 3 extra hours?

Well, using your timeline, Haleigh and Jr started being put at risk the moment Ronald started dating Misty.
I would suggest that is a matter of opinion and not a proven fact nothing suggests that DCF determined that the children where at risk. In fact I have heard nothing, but, good things about Misty and her care of the children and the childrens feelings about Misty that suggest to me that they where not at risk at all. My timeline is by far incomplete and lacking vital information that would clear up any confusion of the facts prior, but, alas it is all that has surfaced. If you have anything to add that might suggest the children where put at risk prior to HaLeighs abduction, because of Misty's care and involvement please share I will add and WSer's can all make an informative opinion.

I was wondering if the previous incidents regarding DCF (I have not heard of police being called to Ron's residence prior to HaLeigh's abduction please help with a link I want to read TYI) was a retaliation call against Misty and Ron. If I am understanding things correctly :

It was rumored that Misty told Ron that Jordan was in danger around this time frame. Need confirmation.
September 18, 2008 Misty and Ron start seeing each other. ( Per Misty and recent TM interviews and tests.)
September 25, 2008 Misty filed a police report claiming Lisa Brooks assulted her.
September 26, 2008 CS Weekend visitation
October 06, 2008 Lisa Brooks is charged with Battery on Misty.
October 10, 2008 CS Weekend visitation
October 24, 2008 CS Weekend visitation
It was rumored that the move to this new MH was done because of recomendation from DCF.
Ron gets job at PDM sometime during this Month. Needs to be confimed start date.
November 01, 2008 Ron, Misty. Haleigh and Ron Jr. moved in to MH located at 202 Green lane.
BBM
I see a possible agenda already showing its ugly head.

I also would like to comment on the true statistics, when children go missing, its more often a parent that did something than a random perp-

bbm: Every year, over 200,000 children are kidnapped by a parent or family member, in most cases by a non-custodial parent. This represents nearly 80 percent of all abductions in the United States and many people do not realize how common this problem is. http://feinstein.senate.gov/04Releases/r-familyabduct.html

Originally Posted by texasmommy39

If Crystal had been fighting for custody it would be a different story. As it is, like Malesherbes said, Crystal had minimal contact with her children.

If Crystal was the one then she would have taken Jr too.

No, it's not Crystal. The cops have turned her life inside out I would bet and found nothing connecting her.

If Crystal had been fighting for custody it would be a different story. As it is, like Malesherbes said, Crystal had minimal contact with her children.

If Crystal was the one then she would have taken Jr too.

No, it's not Crystal. The cops have turned her life inside out I would bet and found nothing connecting her.

I have the same opinion as you, I don't think it was Crystal, I do think it was her side of the family however

Probably because it makes no sense that she would steal the child when she was not supporting them at all except the weekends she had them, and I tend to bet she was 100 miles away thats why the cops aren't too concerned- I tend to bet that Ronald did not share his work schedule with her, and I bet she had no idea his hours, or do you think maybe Ron called Crystal that night and told her he was working 3 extra hours?
It makes no sense? She was facing jail time, current support payments due, past support owed and interest on the arrearages in the amount of $12,000.00. By the way do you think she just forgot about those child support payments due and adding up over the 3 years she did not pay? I also would like to point out the fact that within 24 hours of HaLeighs abduction the story was all of a sudden about this victimized mom at the hands of the Legal system and Ronald and how her children where taken from her and not about begging pleading and crying in utter anguish because her baby is missing and can't be found We can go around this bush and beat it to death if ya want to.
ETA: We might need to move this convo to appropriate thread.

Well, the problem I have with your post is this: if you don't think those children didnt' mention their Daddy Ron worked at night, came home way past their bedtimes, I'm amazed. Crystal maybe didn't know his scedule etched out in concrete, but she had to know the basics of the work schedule. For he would have to work late on Friday pick up nights for her, sooooo common sense commands she had an overall understanding.

Also, my opinion, I'm not alone, the child support in arrears is a major motive indicator for me involving crystal and that side of the family. It's happened many times. We can't ignore that in our society where child support is mandated by the courts and some non custodial parents and family resort to other means to "fix" the problem.

Crystal and family are just as much suspects in my mind as an abduction perp. The only ones put under the microscope is ron and misty. I've seen them through it now, and I have decided their not guilty. Now I want that microscrope aimed in new different directions, starting with crystal and the sheffields in order for this investigation to be investigated to the fullest extent of the law.

I will go onto add: I do not want Crystal mis-treated as Misty, with betrayal. Investigate properly by LE. Investigate a family or stranger abduction, as it's not on Ron and Misty, and LE knows it in my opinion.

It makes no sense? She was facing jail time, current support payments due, past support owed and interest on the arrearages in the amount of $12,000.00. By the way do you think she just forgot about those child support payments due and adding up over the 3 years she did not pay? I also would like to point out the fact that within 24 hours of HaLeighs abduction the story was all of a sudden about this victimized mom at the hands of the Legal system and Ronald and how her children where taken from her and not about begging pleading and crying in utter anguish because her baby is missing and can't be found We can go around this bush and beat it to death if ya want to.

Makes perfect sense to me, but I would be looking at her Mom and others

Now that the child is missing, did that stop her having to pay support? So she went from paying nothing, to taking the disable child with health problems and is paying to hide her now, going from paying nothing to everything and then more to Ron for her?

Yeah, dont see it-

jmo

I have the same opinion as you, I don't think it was Crystal, I do think it was her side of the family however
I agree completely. Crystal life was going along pretty good, aside from the CS issue. There are members of her family however, that IMO could not stand to see Ron "win". Ron had "stolen" Haleigh from them. That was one of my top theories in the beginning.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emdon92
Back