Misty's New Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is lying yet again .
As others have stated before me it is because if she told the truth she would probably get a needle in her arm or be the person that testifies so her brother does . I don;t feel bad for her ..she's still alive .
Don't forget ...she failed her lie detector tests for a reason.

BBM

"she failed her lie detector tests for a reason." Many reasons.

I'm sure it was just spinning the back tire in the dirt. A toddler's version of a "wheelie". I wouldn't put too much thought into that.

I believe this interview with Misty. If she could get the PCSO to listen to what she said about the black man at the bar that Ron's family owned and someone could identify the man, maybe they could get some credible answers. If it was a public place, someone must have known who this person was. Why didn't Ron report this?.........well, it's not too hard to figure out that he was protecting himself from being implicated through drug abuse and whoever actually had Haleigh would harm her if the police were called. Did he think he could wait it out? Was this story the one TN was worried about whether or not she would talk? It's a cinch someone in that family knew what they had to do but did they do any of it? No........instead he was back out on the streets doing the same thing he did before his daughter disappeared. Did PCSO give LDT's to TN and Grandma? IMO, putting ALL the pressure on her has been PCSO's biggest mistake. She's no angel but I do not believe she had anything to do with it. She was setup to be used as the scapegoat.

Whoever went into that mobile home and took that child put out the word that night to RC. Thus the 90 some phone calls flying all over the place. As to who called who, remains to be seen. JMO

ITA!!!! the senerio you have given makes total sense, actually fills in a lot of gaps in mine..lol is perfectly simple, (KISS- comes to mind..lol) Also has some truth to what Misty is claiming. That IMO, has been the biggest problem with this entire case, just the fact that there are so many lies that when the truth comes out, it isn't believable. kinda like "crying wolf" JMO

JMO

ITA!!!! the senerio you have given makes total sense, actually fills in a lot of gaps in mine..lol is perfectly simple, (KISS- comes to mind..lol) Also has some truth to what Misty is claiming. That IMO, has been the biggest problem with this entire case, just the fact that there are so many lies that when the truth comes out, it isn't believable. kinda like "crying wolf" JMO

JMO

Except that if it is at the expense of an innocent child, all possibilities MUST be explored. PCSO needs to pursue this latest story even if they have to hook both herself AND Ron up to a LDT.

BBM

"she failed her lie detector tests for a reason." Many reasons.

When she was pro-Ron, yes.....there were many.

Now that she's not so keen on his "highness", things are sounding different. This latest story was not in the equation when she took the LDT's previously. This needs to be pursued.

Wow...people still think Misty could get "the needle." Really? Even if Misty did this crime all by herself, she could not get the needle. She was 17 years old when it happened. Now, with that out of the way...

...I don't know why, but I believe Misty's "black man at the bar" story. I am not saying it is a true story about what happened to Haleigh, but I think a man may very well have approached Ron and said these things. What his motive for doing so was is anyone's guess, though. This interview is not the first time Misty has told this story about the "black man" approaching Ron. She mentioned it to Hank in a jailhouse conversation. Sure, it could just be a lie told more than once--and I have absolutely nothing to point to that indicates it might be true--but it's a gut feeling I have. Not so much a feeling about the black man being actually involved or really knowing anything, but a feeling that such a man did approach Ron.

As for LE stating Ron picked Haleigh up at the bus stop, they got that info from RC and family. IMO, LE never bothered to check with anyone else, they just went with whatever family said, not just about the bus stop but about a lot of things so LE stating something is a fact doesn't mean it is; it might mean LE has accepted what they were told without further investigation. Nor can Shoemaker's statements be taken as fact...they are just what Ron told him and he repeated it to the press. Often when statements come from an attorney people are quick to believe it. It's the reason why POIs etc., have their attorneys do the talking.

The first time we heard about the man who Misty claims approached Ron to tell him he knew who had Haleigh was on Levi's show, 02/12/10. His guest was Charlie J, the guy whose family Misty stayed with for awhile in December, 2009, when she returned to Florida from Tennessee. (For those who might not know, CJ was involved in a road rage incident with R&M on December 30 or 31, 2009.)

In this post, the poster was conveying CJ's interview on a thread in this forum while the show aired.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Exclusive: Charles Jones Speaks Out 2/12/10

In the version CJ heard, Misty said the man approached Ron at a gas station/convenience store. Otherwise, it's basically the same. (Several interesting tidbits came out of that interview, but they are off topic in this thead. It's worth a read, though.)

We don't know if the story is true. We do know that Misty told the story to CJ, and that CJ told LE when they questioned him prior to Levi's show. CJ also mentioned a rumor that RC owed someone $35k. We'd heard that figure mentioned by TM back in September, 2009, when Hank, Sr. told him it would cost that much for Ron to get Haleigh back.

LE was hearing the same, or similar, stories coming from various individuals. I'm certain they did not just dismiss the information. If none of the leads panned out, it's either because they were lies to begin with, or R&M would not cooperate and fill in the blanks. For instance, if LE told Ron they heard he owed someone thousands of dollars, and that person might have Haleigh; and Ron replied that he didn't know what the heck they were talking about, and refused to cooperate, it would be hard for LE to proceed. But I believe they would still try.

The fact that LE spent all of that time, money, and manpower to drain and search the Mondex Pond, and several months later search the St Johns, tells me that they were not ignoring anything, even after Misty changed her story numerous times and failed umpteen LDT's, etc. Don't forget, Misty switched from the "black guy" in December, 2009, to Cousin Joe in February-March, 2010, and now back to "the black guy and the Mexicans" in April, 2011. :maddening: I'm hard pressed to believe one word that comes out of her mouth.

The first time we heard about the man who Misty claims approached Ron to tell him he knew who had Haleigh was on Levi's show, 02/12/10. His guest was Charlie J, the guy whose family Misty stayed with for awhile in December, 2009, when she returned to Florida from Tennessee. (For those who might not know, CJ was involved in a road rage incident with R&M on December 30 or 31, 2009.)

In this post, the poster was conveying CJ's interview on a thread in this forum while the show aired.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Exclusive: Charles Jones Speaks Out 2/12/10

In the version CJ heard, Misty said the man approached Ron at a gas station/convenience store. Otherwise, it's basically the same. (Several interesting tidbits came out of that interview, but they are off topic in this thead. It's worth a read, though.)

We don't know if the story is true. We do know that Misty told the story to CJ, and that CJ told LE when they questioned him prior to Levi's show. CJ also mentioned a rumor that RC owed someone $35k. We'd heard that figure mentioned by TM back in September, 2009, when Hank, Sr. told him it would cost that much for Ron to get Haleigh back.

LE was hearing the same, or similar, stories coming from various individuals. I'm certain they did not just dismiss the information. If none of the leads panned out, it's either because they were lies to begin with, or R&M would not cooperate and fill in the blanks. For instance, if LE told Ron they heard he owed someone thousands of dollars, and that person might have Haleigh; and Ron replied that he didn't know what the heck they were talking about, and refused to cooperate, it would be hard for LE to proceed. But I believe they would still try.

The fact that LE spent all of that time, money, and manpower to drain and search the Mondex Pond, and several months later search the St Johns, tells me that they were not ignoring anything, even after Misty changed her story numerous times and failed umpteen LDT's, etc. Don't forget, Misty switched from the "black guy" in December, 2009, to Cousin Joe in February-March, 2010, and now back to "the black guy and the Mexicans" in April, 2011. :maddening: I'm hard pressed to believe one word that comes out of her mouth.
I believe the conversation took place, but IMO, she knows it meant nothing...as does Ron. That's why he didn't do anything about it. It's like her talking about Ron not answering her calls. He probably didn't answer, but she also knows that means nothing...but is now trying to use both stories to throw suspicion his way. On the surface, both stories seem incriminating, but I'm sure LE checked them out, and there was nothing there. Honestly, I think Ron is coming clean...slowly but surely, and Misty's playing defense. It looks like she has more to lose than him. MOO. If he was lying on her or setting her up, she'd be shouting it from the rooftops, but instead, she's throwing out these weak suspicions. If this is the case, it won't do a bit of good, because it's LE, not the public that she needs to convince. and like I said earlier, I think LE has already shot these stories down. MOO.

I agree ..she has just just too many stories ..why not just tell the truth ..she lies for a reason . At first I thought she was just immature ..and she was just a kid . She doesn;t look so young anymore ..if she had something to really tell that wouldn't incriminate herself she would in a heartbeat .

I am just happy someone is talking about Haleigh! Seems all the relatives are busy getting Ron's cantene, visits, and phone calls in order. Where are they? Where is TN and AS and even CS for that matter? Why aren't they doing interviews to keep Haleigh in the news?
I am guessing that RC's family wants this all to go away and be forgotten. Betcha they would like to wring Misty's neck for bringing attention back to this case.
I chose to be the optimist about Misty's new interviews. I hope that this is a sign that she is growing up and becoming an assertive young woman. We all have to admit that she certainly was no match for her boyfriend, his family or LE 2 years ago.
I think LE would be crazy not to try to open a new dialog with Misty soon. This time with an open mind and kindness that even Misty has coming to her. They tried the strong arm stuff to no avail. Maybe a little compassion is in order now. Why not get her a therapist and get her the help she needs to cope with whatever the truth is? Add in some incentive to help LE and see if she comes across with information she is withholding. The worst thing that could happen is nothing! Haliegh deserves to be found and LE owes her every effort to find her.
Misty has been used and abused by everyone that ever came into contact with her apparently and LE sure could have tried a more compassionate approach long before now! She was a child and a victim 2 years ago and I really think she is now realizing that this is not a game and Ron is not in her future. She is simply a product of her upbringing. She can't help who she is or how she is! Given a choice she would have chosen better parents and lifestyle. She was trying to better herself by hitching her wagon to Ron Cummings!!!! That speaks volumes to what her childhood must have been.
I am by no means saying Misty is innocent in all this. I am saying that if she really was being bullied and used as she claims.......Let her have a reason to want to help finish this.
.........and if I am wrong, keep her in jail until the state has to release her and not one day early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname