Mitigating Factor: Filicide Children Killed by Parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane Downs says to this day that a bushy-haired stranger shot her kids. Debra Green said somebody, probably her ex-husband, did it. Darlie R. said somebody broke into her house.

The ladies were all convicted.

How this I miss your post? so KC is not the only one! interesting. thanks!

As Mr. Ashton presented yesterday (or was it LDB?), KC falls into a rare category of filicidal women-A category that it seems men more often relate to, from what I've read-She is not connected with her victim. She is not saving her victim from a harsh life (though she tries to rationalize that way after the fact with her jail buddy). No schizophrenia...She does not easily fit into one of the categories that psychologists have outlined.
She was trying to get Caylee out of her way, any which way she could.
I don't think there is anything mitigating about this form of filicide.

As Mr. Ashton presented yesterday (or was it LDB?), KC falls into a rare category of filicidal women-A category that it seems men more often relate to, from what I've read-She is not connected with her victim. She is not saving her victim from a harsh life (though she tries to rationalize that way after the fact with her jail buddy). No schizophrenia...She does not easily fit into one of the categories that psychologists have outlined.
She was trying to get Caylee out of her way, any which way she could.
I don't think there is anything mitigating about this form of filicide.

I've come full circle in what I think happened to Caylee, from accident to deliberate homicide. Shirley Plesea was right on, and we should listen carefully to what she said because she was in a position to understand the family dynamics -- she said that Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee. In other words, I believe what she is saying is that Casey killed Caylee to get back at/hurt Cindy. She killed her in a rage.

Casey gave Caylee to the family, but when Caylee became the object of Cindy's attention, literally replacing what Casey had once been to her, Casey "took back" her gift. The fight, the hurtful words between mother and daughter on the 15th were probably the catalyst.

Remember what Casey said in her message to Cindy -- (paraphrased) "what is given can be taken away, everyone lies and everyone dies". Plain and simple, there it is, the closest thing to a confession you're going to get from Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500