MN - Barbara 'Bobbi' Winn, 35, shot to death, Maplewood, 8 May 1981

I just finished watching. What a brave and beautiful family Barbara has. The thought of someone getting away with murder based on a freindship makes me sick. And that is just what it seems almost happened.

My prayers are with your family, and for a guilty verdict.

Dear Justice4Barbara,

On behalf of Websleuths thank you for bringing the story of Barbara Winn to us.

We are grateful that there are people like you out there working against injustice. This is the goal of Websleuths, to help others overcome their injustice even if it only means giving a place to vent a victim's frustration.

I don't know who you are but I am guessing I saw you somewhere in the Dateline report on Friday. :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43481&highlight=Barbara+Winn

Please keep us updated and know our thoughts and prayers are with you and Barbara's family as the trial date approaches.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner, Websleuths.com

I think Aaron's attorney was making a flat out case for some kind of no contest plea, by saying it is hard to get out from under charges that are 27 years old....huh??? Isn't the defense lucky that the physical evidence was, uh, lost.

I agree w/everyhting Tricia said....
I watched Dateline and I am guessing you are the sister in law who did all the investigating!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
After watching Dateline, I am 100% convinced that there was complete injustice in Barbara's case...
You and your family are in my thoughts .... and can feel justice is just around the corner, although it's unfortunate that is is 27 years late!!!

I will sure keep an eye on this case. Thanks and bless your family J4B.

Dear Justice4Barbara,

On behalf of Websleuths thank you for bringing the story of Barbara Winn to us.

We are grateful that there are people like you out there working against injustice. This is the goal of Websleuths, to help others overcome their injustice even if it only means giving a place to vent a victim's frustration.

I don't know who you are but I am guessing I saw you somewhere in the Dateline report on Friday. :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43481&highlight=Barbara+Winn

Please keep us updated and know our thoughts and prayers are with you and Barbara's family as the trial date approaches.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner, Websleuths.com

The long hard road for seeking justice. I also applaud her for doing this. One day it won't be so hard as so many are on these cases and their dedication won't be denied. Prayers for all victims who didn't have a choice.

I watched that television show in stunned silence. My thoughts and prayers go out to Barbara's family and friends and to all of those who have worked so long and so tiresly to get justice for her.

I am watching it now. J4B I really admire you and all your hard work. This is quite a story.

Wow...this really touches my heart! Yes, I am Patty. I am so glad that all of you watched the documentary. I do hope that other readers here, who are in search of justice, go to Dateline NBC's website and watch "Justice For Barbara", as well.

We cannot bring Barbara back. However, I believe that Barbara's legacy will be one that inspires others to begin, or continue, to fight for justice. And, it is people who care...like all of you...who keep us going when things get difficult. Often times, families like mine feel so alone. It is so important for us to know that someone is listening. So, every response, comment, and kind word of support we see when we visit gives us much of the strength we need to continue. On behalf of my entire family, thank you!

May God Bless each and every one of you!

Sincerely,
Patty

When I read about this case I was dumbfounded that was unsolved. As I watched this story unfold on Dateline puzzlement turned to outrage ... "Sheriff" Finney deserves a criminal investigation of his own.

Barbara would be so proud of her children and of the family that continued to fight for justice.

When I read about this case I was dumbfounded that was unsolved. As I watched this story unfold on Dateline puzzlement turned to outrage ... "Sheriff" Finney deserves a criminal investigation of his own.

Barbara would be so proud of her children and of the family that continued to fight for justice.

IIRC, Sheriff Finney has had some challenges of his own in the past that made some of his behavior on Barbara's case look a little bit like quid pro quo- I am having trouble unearthing the media links...does anyone remember what I am talking about? Does Finney have a record of trouble with women as well??

Below is the NBC Press Release concerning a documentary that Dateline NBC will air this Friday. We hope you will take the time to watch the documentary. Although the documentary focuses, solely, on the investigation of Barbara’s death, we believe that there are valuable lessons many people (including: investigators, prosecutors, and families of other victims) can learn from watching it.
snipped for space
."
J4B I just wanted to say again how impressed I am with all your energy and work. You truly made a difference. Watching you on this program was a real inspiration for me.

Patty,

A few days ago I went to your site and read and watched the slideshow of all the victims of domestic violence. I was so moved, but found that I couldn't bring the words together to make a post. It's still hard to find words. There's a social stigma to domestic violence. . . anyone that's been in the situation or nearby will know what I mean. There's an inclination that it's a "private matter" and those close-by tend to look the other way. If the same acts of violence were commited in a grocery store or a bar, there'd be an arrest for battery or assault. When these same events occur behind closed doors it's too many times a different story. As the mother of two daughters, I'm praying for the time when it's NEVER a behind closed doors mindset. People like you who are working to make this change are special and wonderful. Please know that there are at least two more young ladies who will read your site today.

I am also praying along with your family that Barbara's murderer will finally be locked away. I just watched the entire Dateline story and I still have a lump in my thoat. Your tenacity is amazing and I'm so happy that your family has you as their torchbearer and researcher. Thank you for what you have brought to our eyes.

Patty,

A few days ago I went to your site and read and watched the slideshow of all the victims of domestic violence. I was so moved, but found that I couldn't bring the words together to make a post. It's still hard to find words. There's a social stigma to domestic violence. . . anyone that's been in the situation or nearby will know what I mean. There's an inclination that it's a "private matter" and those close-by tend to look the other way. If the same acts of violence were commited in a grocery store or a bar, there'd be an arrest for battery or assault. When these same events occur behind closed doors it's too many times a different story. As the mother of two daughters, I'm praying for the time when it's NEVER a behind closed doors mindset. People like you who are working to make this change are special and wonderful. Please know that there are at least two more young ladies who will read your site today.

I am also praying along with your family that Barbara's murderer will finally be locked away. I just watched the entire Dateline story and I still have a lump in my thoat. Your tenacity is amazing and I'm so happy that your family has you as their torchbearer and researcher. Thank you for what you have brought to our eyes.

lovely well chosen words-if I can add a little to this, the story of domestic violence still, to this day, requires the complicity of law enforcement. The magnetic personality of the abuser brings with it an ability to attract other men to his side as well as other women...imagine that Sheriff Finney actually had the nerve to detail a story where Barbara was being beaten in his back seat 6 months prior to her death during his run for re-election-and is of such arrogance or so clueless, he thought his response at the time was not only sufficient to the situation but that he could recite it 20+ years later as a viable explanation. In this state it is now much harder to get an RO because there was a lobby indicating women were misusing the courts as a means of removing the men in their lives from their homes. I hope the few that did this keep in mind that they have prevented women with no less a need for one from being able to get one unless there has been an actual strike against her...we are now back to the perp needing to actually commit a crime rather than the threat of one. Women who are private with their lives now need to take a punch or worse rather than just living under the threat of such. justice4Barbara is an inspiration to me-I admire all that has been done on behalf of the travesty of Barbara Winn's murder to resolve it. Peace and God Bless...

Patty-
My prayers for you and your family.
I missed Dateline last night and am grateful that you posted the segment is available on their website. I will be sure to watch "Justice for Barbara today!

This story has shocked me beyond words. Others then just Barbara's murderer need to face justice. My prayers go out for her family. May they finally get the peace they deserve.

I just watched it too. What a good looking family! As infuriating as I find the whole situation I am happy for the family to have the satisfaction of seeing Aaron finally going to trial. I wonder if Finney had anything to do with the evidence that so mysteriously disappeared?
The following story about Janet just about made my head explode. My neighbors were probably wondering why I was yelling "you KNEW they were going to GANG-RAPE her and didn't say anything, you selfish _________ ___________ ___ ___________.

I watched it in the internet. Another person waiting 20 some years for justice. Prayers to your family and friends J4B

Wow...this really touches my heart! Yes, I am Patty. I am so glad that all of you watched the documentary. I do hope that other readers here, who are in search of justice, go to Dateline NBC's website and watch "Justice For Barbara", as well.

We cannot bring Barbara back. However, I believe that Barbara's legacy will be one that inspires others to begin, or continue, to fight for justice. And, it is people who care...like all of you...who keep us going when things get difficult. Often times, families like mine feel so alone. It is so important for us to know that someone is listening. So, every response, comment, and kind word of support we see when we visit gives us much of the strength we need to continue. On behalf of my entire family, thank you!

May God Bless each and every one of you!

Sincerely,
Patty

Patty,

I watched it too. I must admit I am shocked:eek: that man has been walking around free all of these years. I immediately thought of Phil Spector.

I cried when listening to her beautiful children as they recounted that horrid night and witnessing their raw pain and listening to them speak to their mother. I sincerely hope they get to witness "justice" and her murderer is convicted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back