MN MN - Corrine Erstad, 5, Inver Grove Heights, 1 June 1992

Thinking of Corrine today. Her case reminds me of Shakira Johnsons-we know who killed her, despite them going free. I just wish we knew where Corrine's remains are, that's the big thing, she deserves a proper burial, and her loved ones need a place to grieve.

Thinking of Corrine today. This child needs to be laid to rest. I wish this scum bag would just tell the family where she is. He can't be tried again anyways, at least have a heart for the family!

I hope no one forgets this little girl...I'd like to get around to looking through databases at UIDs but i dont think she has been found:/

Thanks for the update, such a pretty girl

This case terrified me when I was a kid. My sister and I played at that park everyday. Our elementary school was down the street. I pray that whatever happened she is at peace.

Child *advertiser censored* suit tied to 1992 missing girl case

A St. Paul man has pleaded guilty to possessing child *advertiser censored*. The nature of this case is enough to widen eyes, but two names also connect it to a well-known missing girl case from 21 years ago.

On Friday, Peter Michael Guevara, previously of Big Lake, MN, admitted to downloading and storing pictures plus videos of young girls. According to court documents, one of the girls is estimated to be only 6 years old.

Guevara's attorney, Anthony Torres, is the same lawyer who represented his older brother Robert back in 1993 in the murder case of Corrine Erstad. The 5-year old went missing from her home in Inver Grove Heights June 1, 1992 and has never been seen since. Robert was charged with kidnapping, rape and murder after police found the girl's bloody sundress in Robert's storage locker. A jury found the man not guilty.

There's no words that can describe the sadness in this case. It devastates me they let a killer go free.

I agree. It's so sad. I wonder if Robert's brother had ever been down visiting his brother in IGH, if he could have something to do with Corinne's disappearance? He could have had access to Guevara's trailer and storage area. My ex-boyfriend now lives in that same trailer park that Corinne's family did.

I was 18 when this happened and I unknowingly had a warrant out for my arrest for a traffic ticket and when I went to Dakota Co to pay my fine they booked me. I was in a holding cell for about 5 minutes and I saw RG walked right in front of me. It scared the crap out of me, I'll tell you that!

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Corrine's case or not but its just too close not to mention. I grew up in South St. Paul which is right next to Inver Grove and lived just on the other side of the airport from where Corrine was abducted so this case has always has always been close to me since we played at Skyline Park when I was a kid because my cousins lived on the adjoining block.
In the summer of 1989 my two younger brothers and my parents went to the Cahill Mall (which, when it was there -it's not anymore- was less than 1/4 of a mile away from Skyline Park as the crow flies) to do some shopping. My mom and my Brothers were in Red Owl Grocery store while my dad was on the other side of the mall at I think Coast to Coast. My two brothers were not with my mom the entire time but we're looking at the front of the store by the check out lanes looking at some Garbage Pail Cards (which were really popular at the time with kids) when a man came up to them and asked if they would like to come out to his car to see his puppies. My youngest brother (who was 5 at the time) stopped at was looking at the man and the older brother who was 7 knew that something bad was going on told my brother to come on and eave with him. As they started to walk away the man actually grabbed my brothers arm and tried to pull him with him. The older brother grabbed my younger brother and and tried to stop this and one of them, I don't remember which, slapped the man on his arm and he finally let go and turned around and walked out of the store.

Both my bothers ran and found my mom and told her what happened which she didn't at first fully understand what they were saying. They were crying and wanting to leave but my mom wanted to finish shopping. Finally after some convincing they were able to get her to go and get my dad with them. After finding him they were walking back to Red Owl when my brothers seen the guy again and pointed him out to my parents, which for some unexplained reason they did nothing. They then finished their shopping and left. I'm sure your asking yourself 'How could they not of done something?" And I really can't answer that except for I guess you just have to know my parents. They both wanted absolutely nothing to do with the police. They were always afraid of making a wake. And that's just who they are. Nothing happened, the kids were fine, lets just go home... Kind of attitude they had.

After getting home they immediately told me about it and I asked my parents why they didn't do anything and I think it was then that they started realizing the full extent of what really happened. My mom said she was going to report it to the police (which I don't think she did because nothing ever came of it).
I realize how lucky my brothers came that day and I just wanted to share it because it happened so close to where Corrine was later abducted.
The man they described was White, about 5'8-5'10, medium build, between 35 and 45 years old had glasses and was balding.

I wonder if anyone else who lived around there at that time had anything like this happen to them because we all know this guy wouldn't stop until either dead or he was put in jail.

Funny how there are a lot of u that remember this case but don't remember everything first of a the subject was the boyfriend of the mom second the mom was looked at as a suspect I was friends with her we played that night in the park I've tried to remember anything but I had strict parents and had to go home early I remember her brother's i was more friends with them corrine was younger the group tag along

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Corrine's case or not but its just too close not to mention. I grew up in South St. Paul which is right next to Inver Grove and lived just on the other side of the airport from where Corrine was abducted so this case has always has always been close to me since we played at Skyline Park when I was a kid because my cousins lived on the adjoining block.
In the summer of 1989 my two younger brothers and my parents went to the Cahill Mall (which, when it was there -it's not anymore- was less than 1/4 of a mile away from Skyline Park as the crow flies) to do some shopping. My mom and my Brothers were in Red Owl Grocery store while my dad was on the other side of the mall at I think Coast to Coast. My two brothers were not with my mom the entire time but we're looking at the front of the store by the check out lanes looking at some Garbage Pail Cards (which were really popular at the time with kids) when a man came up to them and asked if they would like to come out to his car to see his puppies. My youngest brother (who was 5 at the time) stopped at was looking at the man and the older brother who was 7 knew that something bad was going on told my brother to come on and eave with him. As they started to walk away the man actually grabbed my brothers arm and tried to pull him with him. The older brother grabbed my younger brother and and tried to stop this and one of them, I don't remember which, slapped the man on his arm and he finally let go and turned around and walked out of the store.

Both my bothers ran and found my mom and told her what happened which she didn't at first fully understand what they were saying. They were crying and wanting to leave but my mom wanted to finish shopping. Finally after some convincing they were able to get her to go and get my dad with them. After finding him they were walking back to Red Owl when my brothers seen the guy again and pointed him out to my parents, which for some unexplained reason they did nothing. They then finished their shopping and left. I'm sure your asking yourself 'How could they not of done something?" And I really can't answer that except for I guess you just have to know my parents. They both wanted absolutely nothing to do with the police. They were always afraid of making a wake. And that's just who they are. Nothing happened, the kids were fine, lets just go home... Kind of attitude they had.

After getting home they immediately told me about it and I asked my parents why they didn't do anything and I think it was then that they started realizing the full extent of what really happened. My mom said she was going to report it to the police (which I don't think she did because nothing ever came of it).
I realize how lucky my brothers came that day and I just wanted to share it because it happened so close to where Corrine was later abducted.
The man they described was White, about 5'8-5'10, medium build, between 35 and 45 years old had glasses and was balding.

I wonder if anyone else who lived around there at that time had anything like this happen to them because we all know this guy wouldn't stop until either dead or he was put in jail.

Have you looked at Danny Heinrich as maybe being this guy? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case has been one that's bothered me for ages. Maybe it's because I babysit a girl that looks just like her, with the exception of blonde hair. She is also the same age as Corrine was when she disappeared. It's a bummer that DNA testing was not admissible in court, or else we could have had this jerk, Robert Guevara, behind bars for awhile now, but he was aquitted, even though they found the dress that Corrine was last seen wearing, and a pair of girl underwear in his locker. I have a question, since he was aquitted of murder, we can't try him again, right? Is this where the double jeopardy rule kicks in?
Actually, DNA evidence was introduced at trial. In Robert's storage locker they found a shower curtain that contained her blood mixed with his semen. And of course there was her dress with her blood on it. And they found her blood in his home. Overwhelming evidence, right? Apparently the jury foreperson, who was an attorney, had an idea of "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" that may have stretched the definition. She slowly, over five days, persuaded the other jurors that the evidence wasn't strong enough. The vote at one point was 10-2 for conviction. But she worked her "magic." I'm sure she was doing what she thought was right, but IMHO she was way off base. The defense tried to argue that the evidence had been planted by enemies of Robert or Corrine's mother. Far-fetched to say the least. As for double jeopardy, it's true that Robert cannot be tried again for murder or kidnapping in Minnesota. However, if Corrine's body were to be found in Wisconsin, which is possible since the abduction occurred just across the river from it, he could be charged in Wisconsin for murder and kidnapping, or in federal court for at least the kidnapping. But the chances of that happening are close to zero, unfortunately. He was guilty as hell.

Thinking of Corrine today. This child needs to be laid to rest. I wish this scum bag would just tell the family where she is. He can't be tried again anyways, at least have a heart for the family!
I think if he took her across state lines, it would create the possibility for new charges. He said that he was driving toward Wisconsin from Minnesota on the night in question.

Actually, DNA evidence was introduced at trial. In Robert's storage locker they found a shower curtain that contained her blood mixed with his semen. And of course there was her dress with her blood on it. And they found her blood in his home. Overwhelming evidence, right? Apparently the jury foreperson, who was an attorney, had an idea of "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" that may have stretched the definition. She slowly, over five days, persuaded the other jurors that the evidence wasn't strong enough. The vote at one point was 10-2 for conviction. But she worked her "magic." I'm sure she was doing what she thought was right, but IMHO she was way off base. The defense tried to argue that the evidence had been planted by enemies of Robert or Corrine's mother. Far-fetched to say the least. As for double jeopardy, it's true that Robert cannot be tried again for murder or kidnapping in Minnesota. However, if Corrine's body were to be found in Wisconsin, which is possible since the abduction occurred just across the river from it, he could be charged in Wisconsin for murder and kidnapping, or in federal court for at least the kidnapping. But the chances of that happening are close to zero, unfortunately. He was guilty as hell.
Also, he told the police that he was driving toward Wisconsin to visit a friend on the night in question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back