GUILTY MN - Cristina Prodan, 27, Edina, 5 January 2018 *Arrest*

I read that last night to hubby and was what??? I decided I need to go back and start from the beginning to understand.

That was an unexpected surprise as was his own mother's statements against him.

Glad this perp is behind bars.

jmo

Shame he wasn't hurt worse by his burning her poor body

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

It's sad to read that a few different turns could have possibly prevented this. If only the restraining order would have worked, if only he was ordered to serve his full sentence for violating that order, if only she had stayed away after he got out of jail, if only his mother would have alerted someone to his plan, if only we lived in a perfect world.

Rest peacefully beautiful.

Can his mom and husband be charged?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am so sorry that the system and people did not work harder to protect Cristina from this outcome. The only solace in this is that her family does not have to wonder for years on end where he left her and she can come home to rest in peace.
RIP beauty!

Very bizarre, sick, and twisted story. Worst then any horror movie.

this breaks my heart.
He better not be set free; we do not want people like this in our society!

It's sad to read that a few different turns could have possibly prevented this. If only the restraining order would have worked, if only he was ordered to serve his full sentence for violating that order, if only she had stayed away after he got out of jail, if only his mother would have alerted someone to his plan, if only we lived in a perfect world.

Rest peacefully beautiful.

Very well said TC_MN. What a senseless tragedy.

Time after time we all hear about these tragic stories. It seems as though 95% of them boil down to the victim choosing to associate with the wrong person. One bad decision can end it all. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Star Tribune reports that according to a criminal court document associated with the theft charges, Prodan's burned body was found in a shipping container in New Orleans on Jan. 6.

The document says Porter's husband, Richard Crawford, told investigators that Porter admitted to killing Prodan somewhere in Minnesota and taking her body to New Orleans where he burned it.
Porter has not been charged in Prodan's death. His attorney in Little Rock declined to comment.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2018/01/body_of_missing_minnesota_woma.html

The evidence spelled out in a felony theft charge filed this week against Porter in Pulaski County, Ark., led law enforcement to believe that it was Prodan’s charred body that was found in a shipping container on Jan. 6, two days after she went missing. Final identification is pending.

Porter’s mother, Arlie Kathryne, said she was grateful to learn Friday that Prodan’s remains were believed found and that “I hope they lock Joe away forever. I’m tired of him being a bully and a manipulator.”

Porter has not been charged with killing Prodan and remains jailed in lieu of $500,000 bail in Little Rock.
A search of Porter and Crawford’s home and the stolen car outside revealed several items belonging to Cristina Prodan, including jewelry, clothing and a cellphone.

Given the multistate nature of Porter’s alleged actions, federal authorities now have the case, according to Edina police.

Porter’s next court appearance is scheduled for April 2. His attorney, Peggy Egan, did not return calls seeking comment on the allegations.

Kathryne said Friday she hopes her son admits to killing Prodan but doubts he will.

“He’s a master manipulator, and he will try anything” to avoid going to prison, she said. “He’ll say he didn’t do it or say he is bipolar.”
http://www.startribune.com/police-e...nnesota-burned-body-in-new-orleans/470124593/

This is such a tragic and twisted case. I have so many questions, I don't even know where to begin. RIP to her beautiful soul.

An arrest has been noted in the thread title but we won't move to located until/unless there is positive identification.

Disposition (Judicial Officer: Regis, M. Jacqueline)
1. Domestic Abuse No Contact Order-Violate No Contact OrderConvicted

Sentenced (Judicial Officer: Regis, M. Jacqueline)
1. Domestic Abuse No Contact Order-Violate No Contact Order
12/02/2017 (MSD) 629.75.2(b) (629752b)

Term: 90 Days
Time To Serve: 10 Days
Stay 0 Yr 0 Mo 80 Days For 2 Yr
Credit For Time Served: 10 Days
Type: Supervised probation
Agency: Hennepin County Community Corrections - Adult Field Services
Term of 2 Yr
12/28/2017 - 12/28/2019
Condition - Adult:
1. No same or similar, 12/28/2017, Active 12/28/2017
2. No assault, 12/28/2017, Active 12/28/2017
3. No interference with Emergency 911 Calls, 12/28/2017, Active 12/28/2017
4. Anger management, 12/28/2017, Active 12/28/2017
5. No violations of an Order for Protection, 12/28/2017, Active 12/28/2017
6. No use or possession of firearms or dangerous weapons, 12/28/2017, Active 12/28/2017
7. Conditions, other, Danco is lifted 12/28/2017, Active 12/28/2017
Law Library Fees$3.00
Municipality Fines$50.00
Crim/Traffic Surcharge (once per case)$75.00
Fee Totals $$128.00
Level of Sentence:
Convicted of a Misdemeanor

Above is a snip of the case... as I cannot copy/paste the entire item here due to technical issues.

http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1625178467

I believe this is his court file for violation of OFP against Cristina. He was just sentenced on this Dec 28, 2017. Too bad the judge didn't make him serve the entire 90 day sentence on this. 80 days were stayed for 2 yrs. Heartbreaking! There is a warrant notification on this court file, also. I am not finding a state criminal complaint yet for her murder. It probably won't be registered until after his first court appearance. I will check and see if I can find anything in Hennepin County (the county Cristina resided).

Some highlights:

Officers also knew victim had met JOSEPH PORTER, hereafter defendant, on-line and defendant had moved up from Arkansas and began living with victim on or about October 2017. Thereafter, the above-referenced service calls ensued involving verbal disputes, allegations of domestic assault, interference with a 911 call, and violations of domestic abuse no contact orders.

The second (LE) contact was on January 4, 2018 at approximately 8:29 p.m. in Greene County, Missouri. A Missouri State Trooper stopped defendant's vehicle for expired registration and had contact with defendant. Defendant was alone in the vehicle. The trooper noted the back seat contained large suitcases and a brand new pick axe and shovel. Defendant explained he was "moving back to Arkansas from Minnesota" and "needed the tools for his job."
The third contact was on January 5, 2018 at 12:59 a.m. in Evening Shade, Arkansas. An officer stopped defendant's vehicle and had contact with defendant. Defendant was alone in the vehicle. The large suitcases and tools were present in the back seat.

Defendant acknowledged (his relationship with Cristina) was punctuated with frequent discord. Defendant admitted that on January 4, 2018, he was at victim's residence and they argued. Defendant admitted he punched victim several times, causing her bodily harm. Defendant admitted he placed victim into a choke hold and rendered her unconscious. Upon realizing victim had died, defendant admitted he placed her body inside a large suitcase and began driving.

I hope to see more charges - what about theft and abuse of a corpse?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiseryMozzary
Back