Found Deceased MN - Henry McCabe, 31, Mounds View, 7 September 2015

What's the crowd like? Younger, older? Is it more of a dance club, or a sports bar, or pool hall, etc?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk
Pov's has a wide range of entertainment. Some nights country, some rock, 80s.... there may be a band or a DJ. Dart tournaments, pool as well. It's fairly big. If you follow this link you will find a video by Roc Citi Sound who DJs Saturday night : https://youtu.be/waUPjrzOecc

I am from the area as well, and have been to POV's many times as well.

I am not a fan of that bar on Sunday nights. It's too clubbish for my taste. I'm more of a rock band fan so Saturday nights are more my style, tho I haven't been in there at all in over a year now.

I don't think the poker angle has anything to do with his disappearance. From what I've seen, the games only pay out about $100 (tho I do admit I have no idea for sure how much POV's games pay). I can attest that this bar has pull tabs that pay the same or higher. If you're going to rob someone for money, I would wait for someone to hit on pull tabs. I think they have a $500 game (pull tabs are similar to scratch offs except they have paper windows you open to find out how much you won). On the other hand, there was a shooting not too long ago up at Grumpy's in Coon Rapids where a guy shot another guy in the parking lot because he thought the guy was cheating at the poker game. So - the poker game could definitely be the cause, just not likely in my opinion.

I used to work at a bar near the SA on Central (AKA Hwy 65). It's not the best area, but there are a lot worse areas.

Central Ave is a high traffic road - I wonder if he got hit by a car and they got scared and hid his body. 2 AM is bar close in MN and Central is a major vein between Minneapolis and the north suburbs with a lot of bars in between.

I just can't figure out why they would drop him off there. Mounds View is actually closer and a different direction from POV's than the SA they dropped him at. Were they going back to the friend's house to get his car?

I admit, I don't believe they dropped him off there. I don't think he's anywhere near SA.

Going back to this for a moment:

“He was walking and his cell phone called me,” Kareen said of the last time she spoke with her husband, “and he made a noise as if [he] was hurt and his cell phone went off. And that was the last time I heard of him.”

http://spokesman-recorder.com/2015/09/23/mounds-view-man-goes-missing/

If we take that as the literal truth - he was walking, made a noise, then the phone went off right then, what are the scnarios in which that can happen? I am thinking about this likely being an iPhone or similar. Is it as simple as he falls, and the call is disconnected via the touchscreen due to fabric contact etc, or is it the phone actually going off? The above link indicates LE are awaiting cell data information from T-Mobile, however they should have been able to do a ping very quickly without a warrant. I am only guessing, but I think they know the phone is off/not responsive. I can only think of two things that would cause that naturally if it occurred on that voicemail recording:

1. He fell into water
2. He fell of something high enough for the impact to cause the phone to die.

I am concerned that we have not heard anything about the lake across from the club being searched, is that bad reporting or are these volunteer searches seriously the only thing they have been doing? The case just seems to be moving awfully slow. Has anyone heard if MVPD have contacted the FBI or brought in any outside help? They seem extremely tight lipped, which is unusual if they only thought this was a missing person.

“He was walking and his cell phone called me,” Kareen said of the last time she spoke with her husband, “and he made a noise as if [he] was hurt and his cell phone went off. And that was the last time I heard of him.”

If we take that as the literal truth - he was walking, made a noise, then the phone went off right then, what are the scnarios in which that can happen? I am thinking about this likely being an iPhone or similar. Is it as simple as he falls, and the call is disconnected via the touchscreen due to fabric contact etc, or is it the phone actually going off? The above link indicates LE are awaiting cell data information from T-Mobile, however they should have been able to do a ping very quickly without a warrant. I am only guessing, but I think they know the phone is off/not responsive. I can only think of two things that would cause that naturally if it occurred on that voicemail recording:

1. He fell into water

I am concerned that we have not heard anything about the lake across from the club being searched, is that bad reporting or are these volunteer searches seriously the only thing they have been doing? The case just seems to be moving awfully slow. Has anyone heard if MVPD have contacted the FBI or brought in any outside help? They seem extremely tight lipped, which is unusual if they only thought this was a missing person.
The type of impact required to shut the phone off would definitely depend on the type and age of a phone. Phones with removable batteries will shut down from a smaller impact than a phone like an iPhone where the battery is hardwired. But, all models as they age will become susceptible to shutting down from smaller impacts as the inner circuitry loosens over time. This doesn't mean the phone is dead, but a sudden jolt can cause them to shut down and they would have to be manually turned back on.

1. He fell into water

Getting plowed over by a car and ending up head down in a ditch ?

I forgot about Laddie Lake. It's entirely possible. I also think if he were to walk home from the bar he would have chosen old hwy 10/cty. road 10. Or less likely, cty. road J.

I lived in Mounds View back in '01 and frequented POV'S quite a bit back then. Even young and dumb I would not have tried to walk home from there.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Are there sidewalks or are you walking right on the highway?

No sidewalk, if you were feeling adventurous you could walk on the shoulder. There is s frontage road for part of the way, then yards, then a walking/bike path.

I'm not sure where in Mounds View he lives so he could possibly walk through the city streets to get home.

I really wish the PD would give up some more info so the searches could be more useful.

I think searching down in Fridley is useless. It just doesn't make sense they would have dropped him off there to walk home.

Steelman, I can think of a lot of ways the cell phone got switched off with another person involved! The only thing that keeps me from thinking about a hit and run is how well lit most of those roads are, and how many cameras. Obviously if he was taken somewhere and met with foul play, that changes things quite a bit and hopefully cell phone data and video cameras shed more light on that

No sidewalk, if you were feeling adventurous you could walk on the shoulder. There is s frontage road for part of the way, then yards, then a walking/bike path.

I'm not sure where in Mounds View he lives so he could possibly walk through the city streets to get home.

I really wish the PD would give up some more info so the searches could be more useful.

I think searching down in Fridley is useless. It just doesn't make sense they would have dropped him off there to walk home.

If we was walking home voluntarily, I just don't see any excuse why the entire wedge between central and 10 from POVs down to the Rice Creek Trail has not been searched with 2 weeks to do it. I wish we knew more about what ground the volunteers have covered. There are a lot of marsh, parks, retention ponds and lakes in that area.

The boyfriend I had in that area lived over on Greenwood Dr in Moundsview and we would take night walks often - it never felt unsafe. I do remember there was a landfill or trash yard within walking distance - do you know if that is still around there?

I'm not sure? I don't remember a landfill. I was just in Mounds View last weekend but only went to the trampoline place - didn't venture around.

I lived in the apartments by the police station and always felt safe as well.

I listen to the police scanner at night if there's nothing good on tv and POV'S has its share of fight calls, that is the only thing I can think of bad about the area. The only reason I wouldn't walk home from there is the distance - but he could live within blocks since Moundsview city limits are close to POV's.

I do remember going across Central to the pizza place a few times after bar close and that makes me wonder about Laddie Lake.

I was just perusing Henry's FB. Looks like there's a search 9/26 @ 10. They're starting from POV's.

I was wondering about Laddie Lake.

0754e0b22692662cac2664d32e4e3ae6.jpg

The marker is for Laddie Lake Pub. You can see Pov's on 65 as well. The lake isn't a big recreational lake. Lots of marsh around it.

I was wondering about Laddie Lake.

The marker is for Laddie Lake Pub. You can see Pov's on 65 as well. The lake isn't a big recreational lake. Lots of marsh around it.

RSBM

I agree, I think if you were drunk, or running away from something, or just turned around, it could be easy to walk into what looks like a "field" across from POVs, and suddenly be under water or stuck in the dark.

Police Clips is reporting a body is being recovered from the river. No description.

Very, very close. Weird.

I do not have a good feeling about this. The description of clothes matches the clothes Henry was said to be wearing. I so hope I'm wrong.

If this turns out to be him in the river, I am almost certain there was foul play. I hope the MV PD are aware of this and know exactly where his friends are.

I've been following police clips while at work. Sure sounds like this story may have an unhappy ending.

Maybe foul play, but just as likely he had been drinking and got disoriented walking home in the dark.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back