MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's local news say several items were seized and will be tested, but it doesn't say what. I'm thinking maybe the red SCSU hockey jacket Jacob was wearing, or clothes and shoes. If that's the case tho, you have to wonder how they knew what exact spot on a 158 acre farm to dig in - unless it was just from the cadaver dogs. (And JMO)... Seems to me the investigation on this case was seriously botched in the beginning if the house was never searched and cadaver dogs were never used. And it makes DR a more likely subject, if the stuff is buried on his land.

From FOX:
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/minnesota/jacob-wetterling-search-items-seized-july-2-2010

From KSTP: Short article by profiler Pat Brown suggesting perhaps the mask the abductor was wearing has been found - which might mean DNA.
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S1635547.shtml?cat=12062

Article from the Sty. Cloud Times shows court orders (and 30 comments):
http://www.sctimes.com/article/2010...ling-search--answers-could-take-weeks--months

Pat Brown makes a good point: The abductor hid his face with a mask (nylon hose) so he could not be identified (or recognized????).

If this were some perv from out of town just passing through, a mask would not have been as necessary, since both Trevor and Aaron talked about how very dark it was that night. This makes me think that the abductor was perhaps someone the boys knew at least casually.

jmo

IIRC, there was no school the next day. I always felt it was someone who knew that.

Sound carries a long ways in the country. Perhaps someone heard the boys on their way out and waited for them to return.

Or perhaps someone was out window peeping, as it seems some of these people like to do.

IIRC, it was the week of Teacher's Convention. A teacher would know that. (I'm a teacher, and I was at the time. That is the very reason I was able to be out in that general area at the time of the abduction, rather back home in the Cities. No school.)

Or, perhaps someone was just looking out their window and saw the boys ride by, and knew that they would be returning. So this person grabbed the closest thing he could find to disguise himself - nylon stockings.

jmo

I'm just trying to think this through. Who in the world would kidnap a kid at the end of their own driveway and then allow two witnesses to leave the scene? As if pantyhose over their head will shield them from being identified?

I still say if it turns out someone in that house committed this crime, the authorities have some serious explaining to do. 21 years to figure this out? It should have been more like 21 minutes.

And the guy who was driving the car that was seen that night did this investigation no favors by not coming forward for like 15 years. Shame on him.

Total shame on him. Quite unbelievable. :furious:

jmo

What do you suposse the reasoning for asking all of their ages was? Such an odd, odd case...
I hope this new search turns up SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

As for asking for ages, maybe jacob was in a hockey league that was 11+ and his brother was in one that was 10 and below. If their jerseys said their last name he'd have known there was two and he'd need there ages to know which one he wanted.

I really really hope this case comes to a close. I have a very vivid memory of being 7-8 years old in the second grade and the class was called up to the carpeted corner of the room where we were given a yellow flier with a hole so it could be put on a door knob that was about Jacob and had info about child abductions which must have been around the 5 year anniversary.

I can't recall ever being restricted in where I went though. Lived in a very rural area about 30ish miles away from saint Joseph.

If the perpetrator was, say, a teacher, and had a sick attraction to one of his students, perhaps he asked the boys' ages in order to choose the one closest in age to the child he was attracted to.

I'm so anxious to hear the results of this search. If I feel this way, I can't begin to imagine how Jacob's family must feel. Sending them lots of prayers.

Pat Brown makes a good point: The abductor hid his face with a mask (nylon hose) so he could not be identified (or recognized????).

If this were some perv from out of town just passing through, a mask would not have been as necessary, since both Trevor and Aaron talked about how very dark it was that night. This makes me think that the abductor was perhaps someone the boys knew at least casually.

jmo

However, if it's the same person who abducted Jared, then he would be more concerned with hiding his identity. Remember he kept asking if he could identify him?

Many people have been wondering for years if Jared, Jacob and Josh were abducted by the same person.

I researched a lot about the Josh Guimond case (this was on another website).

I remember finding an article about the pedophile priests, and how they would get retired and/or transferred to other places.
------------------------

I have one question right now. Wonder who would have been a guest, or visitor at the farm and therefore would be familiar with it?

I just can't get a read on this Rassier guy, first he complains about how harassed he has been feeling from the authorities to fully supporting their search... :waitasec:

Now that Rassier is named a POI, can we sleuth him, post pics, that kind of thing?

I am sick to my stomach about this. What if LE had searched that place that night? Could it be more horrifying?

www.saintjohnsabbey.org/a...20512.html

A Statement from Saint John's Abbey
The monks of Saint John's Abbey are vowed to mutual respect between persons and a celibate way of life. We regard sexual abuse or sexual exploitation by a member of our community to be morally reprehensible. We are profoundly sorry for the pain that has been caused by those monks of our community who have not been faithful to their vows and we commit ourselves to care for those who have been the victims of such abuse.

Allegations of sexual abuse committed by monks of Saint John's Abbey in the 1970's and 1980's have been a matter of public record for many years. When those allegations were made, each was promptly and thoroughly investigated. Considerable efforts were made to contact possible victims of abuse so that they could tell their story and receive the care they needed.

This is the beginning of the article. St. John's is in Collegevile right by St. Joseph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie