MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
minnesota fails to investigate sex abuse

was reading back and remembered about this article ^

The majority of the 203 sex abuse allegations that went uninvestigated came from (wait for it!) Sherburne, ​Stearns, and Wright counties!

It also says in the article they are only going to 'review' cases from 2013... which leaves 10 years of reported sex abuse to be ignored.

Lastly, I recall reading a comment on the Kare 11 facebook page about a year and a half ago stating that the area has a (well known) 'problem' with sexual abuse of children.

Thanks for posting this link. It's a huge problem in Stearns County, and other counties in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ill, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, and all over the US. I truly think a sex ring is involved in the abduction of Jacob, and the Bahner Brothers, and LK were involved, and I think there's more......

Let's face it, LE has *something* incriminating and substantive related to DR's possible involvement in Jacob's abduction. As an aside, was Mark Redwine ever identified as a POI in his son's murder? Here we have DR officially identified as a person of interest in a very high profile case. No matter how attached I am to my personal beliefs about what happened to Jacob and Jared, I cannot ignore the facts, starting with fact number one: LE found something incriminating when they searched DR's house/property/computer/etc. So while I still have a separate working theory with regard to culpability in this case, LE is not in sync with me nor I with them, but they are holding all the cards (and the case files, evidence, trained professionals, etc.).

Obviously, they don't have a full deck.

Thanks for posting this link. It's a huge problem in Stearns County, and other counties in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ill, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, and all over the US. I truly think a sex ring is involved in the abduction of Jacob, and the Bahner Brothers, and LK were involved, and I think there's more......
I agree with you and DM that all avenues should be explored. Believe Bahners were investigated early and often. Seasoned investigators will need A LOT to take look after look.

I'm from Stearns County and have no problem with LE here. If someone has a record, they may be looked at for crimes. That's fairly normal procedure. IMO, our Stearns LE are a dedicated bunch, and it's not fair to condemn them all because someone had a problem with one or two of them. (JMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member