MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
From: July 01, 2010 12:15 am • By The St. Cloud (Minn.) Times

“A Paynesville-area man who fit the description of a man suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting a Cold Spring boy. Authorities searched his home three months after the Cold Spring abduction. Police then said that the man wasn’t a top suspect in the St. Joseph abduction, but at least one paragraph in the search warrant was blocked out.”

I wonder to whom this article was referring?
I think this references DH?

I find it at once frightening and interesting that a person can pull off a crime without leaving enough evidence to make an arrest. I know it happens all the time. All those missing people (where are Gricar, Guimond, Lyall, Modifferi, M. McCann etc etc) -- all those unsolved murders. But I have also learned throughout the years that LE often has particular people on their radar, but cannot make an arrest due to lack of evidence. Then, too, look how long BTK got away with his atrocities, which is especially scary given that he was not on anyone's radar. Frustrating!!! I think Jacob was stalked prior to his abduction, but for some reason I do not think the abductor sought to kill him -- *unless and until* ... Jacob recognized him. And of course I think Jacob did. I think the culprit was a local and had a history. I think they still look at him to this day as a potential suspect. And I think he is someone who could make a confession before he leaves the planet.

Your statement about J being stalked is interesting. Here's something I have wondered over the years.

One of the boys thought he heard something in the trees as the group ventured to rent the video. Let's assume the abductor was there as the group passed the first time. Why didn't he abduct them then? Note that the boys could have been on their way home from J's house, or they could have been going somewhere to spend an over-night. He would have had no knowledge they would be returning.

If the abductor was not there when the boys first passed by, where was he? Did he somehow see them at the store, rush down the road and hide? Or, as you stated, was J or the group being stalked? (Not so sure it was JW that was stalked. It could have been several boys in the neighborhood.)

Trino, I think the perp stalked Jacob for a while. I think he knew him -- not personally, but by association with an organized activity, more specifically, hockey. The rumbling in the bushes? Perp probably saw Jacob and friends leave Tom Thumb, followed them and got into position. I think this man was in fairly good shape. I think it's possible he was keeping tabs on the object of his desire all day. Kind of like BTK did when he was watching his victims. I think Jacob's perp had done this before and had everything he needed with him -- gun, mask, probably rope, gag, etc. He waited for an opportunity and he saw one. That's how stalkers operate. They watch, wait then seize the opportunity.

Why does a perp hone in on a particular victim? I personally feel the perp may have had access to certain records and may have known at least Jacob's age. I believe Jacob and Aaron were both 11. Was Aaron at the hockey rink that day and/or did he also play hockey? Interestingly, the perp apparently asked each boy their age as they were lying in the ditch. He asked Trevor, age 10, first, then Aaron age 11, then Jacob 11. Perp told first two boys to go. I think he wanted Jacob in particular.

Evidently it took the police six minutes to reach the Wetterling home. Then they went to the abduction site which would not have taken them long. Let's say the perp had half an hour to forty five minutes to exit the location. In the pitch black dark, he could have walked sight unseen down the road to a vehicle.

Alternatively, if the perp was not hockey man, he could have walked inside very easily.

Why has certain evidence been covered up? For whom did that decision make sense? For whose benefit was that decision made, or perhaps I should say, how many people may have benefited from such a decision and why?

Lies can be like Phd's -- piled higher and deeper. Got to keep digging through the dirt - whether it's on a farm or figuratively speaking --

Hi Jewelia. I am in very interested in what you are saying. What appeared to me also very early on when doing research on this case was the apparent far-reaching pedophile rings throughout the U.S and their connections. Please PM me for my email.

You don't know that; and frankly, I don't see where it's any of your business to tell someone to stop posting anything on the board.
I enjoy Jewelia's posts, I just don't know why she continues to post the name of her husband's abuser. She admits that he has nothing to do with JW.

I support her turning all of her materials into the suthorities.

That sketch isn't Jacobs abductor, there is no sketch of Jacobs abductor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think MF is worth discussion because he is our proven sex offender in kiwi court that night. But only later found out to be a sex offender. Did he hang around or come back after dropping the kid off? When he dropped the kid off did he see Jacob, Aaron, and Trevor outside? Was he there when Patty and Jerry left?

I think MF is worth discussion because he is our proven sex offender in kiwi court that night. But only later found out to be a sex offender. Did he hang around or come back after dropping the kid off? When he dropped the kid off did he see Jacob, Aaron, and Trevor outside? Was he there when Patty and Jerry left?
Thought you said you had ruled him out.

I am up to page 27 in Eloc's book.

It brings me to tears.

The loving family.

And then the outpouring from the community and the world

The things athletic teams did. The songs played, The posters.

Mind boggling. So incredible.

What a positive overwhelming response.

What pain this molester had to be in to be such a monster.

The goodness of the world. Beautiful. Awe inspiring. And Eloc wrote it well!

Reading the book gave me new perspective, better understanding and appreciation of the community, LE and all involved. Well written, great book, ELOC!

That sketch isn't Jacobs abductor, there is no sketch of Jacobs abductor.

That's right, but LE had stated that they thought the same person that abducted Jared and assaulted him may be the same person who assaulted all the boys in Paynesville, Mn. and Jacob. I just sent what they asked me to send.

Everything went through NCMEC, and I followed up with LE in Stearns Co., FBI in Minnesota, and The Iowa Criminal Bureau of Criminal Investigation to make sure they got all the documents, and photos. HJM lived in Davenport, Iowa for several years between 1984-late 1987, then moved to Chicago.

That's right, but LE had stated that they thought the same person that abducted Jared and assaulted him may be the same person who assaulted all the boys in Paynesville, Mn. and Jacob. I just sent what they asked me to send.

Everything went through NCMEC, and I followed up with LE in Stearns Co., FBI in Minnesota, and The Iowa Criminal Bureau of Criminal Investigation to make sure they got all the documents, and photos. HJM lived in Davenport, Iowa for several years between 1984-late 1987, then moved to Chicago.

Have you started his thread on WS yet? I wonder what info will come forward !

I agree. My problems with this theory are he's shorter than description given by the boys. Also MO's different. But I agree his proximity and criminal history are compelling...

In ELOC's book on pp. 163-165 he discusses a couple known criminals who were looked at in Jacob's case. Because Weiss was a first aid instructor and traveled throughout MN, I wondered if he could have been the guy at Tom Thumb who told Kevin he was a "medical cop".

"In August 1997, St. Paul police served forty-four-year-old David Paul Weiss with a search warrant after Weiss was arrested on August 6th on charges of sexually assaulting a fifteen-year-old boy. According to the search warrant documents, Weiss had discussed the Wetterling case with at least one of his assault victims. Weiss’ roommate told investigators that Weiss had confided to him that Weiss knew of a body that had been hidden in the cemetery at Fort Snelling. The police took Weiss to search the cemetery but no evidence was found. [SUP]55[/SUP]
Police reportedly found child *advertiser censored*, movies, a digital camera, boys’ clothing, and a youth jock strap in Weiss’ possession. Media reports also stated that a jar containing testicles was found, but they were later determined to be canine testicles. DNA testing was done and after six months of waiting, the results came back and there was no connection established between Weiss and Jacob’s kidnapping. [SUP]56[/SUP]

Weiss frequently traveled across the state of Minnesota during his twenty-two years as a first-aid instructor. Authorities suspected that he might have assaulted many children across the state over the years. [SUP]57[/SUP]

Information about the Weiss case was forwarded to the Stearns County Sheriff's office and Sheriff Jim Kostreba acknowledged that several people had contacted his office about possible ties between Weiss and the Wetterling case."
(pg. 163)

David Blom (who murdered Katie Poirier and burned her body in his fire pit) and whose real name was Donald Pince, was also looked at in Jacob's case.

"The 50 year-old Blom, whose birth name was Donald Pince, admitted to investigators that he had kidnapped and killed Poirier. Investigators revisited the files on Blom for a possible connection to Jacob's abduction... Pince had been imprisoned for six years on a rape conviction, and had been released in March 1989. Investigators questioned him and his wife, Kathy Pince, about the Wetterling kidnapping." (pg. 156)

Blom was eliminated.

The suspect in Jared's case was identified by Jared as having dark pock marked skin. Does Hollander have that kind of skin? dark?

If people read Eloc's book, which I am not done reading at all, you will be ASTOUNDED as to the lengths that were gone to to find this child. It is mind boggling. I am only up to the part where the Gov ordered searches by the National Guard. 100 who walked side by side through swamps, etc

The things the sports teams did. The community and the 1000 volunteers. The businesses that supplied posters, envelopes, stamps. The billboards. The States Attorneys general of the neighboring midwest states.

It is unreal.

I think people who are criticizing LE may wish to read Eloc's accounts before they go that route

Continually we have posters on here referring to the ineptness of Stearns county.

Please refer to the FACT that investigators from THE BCA were reviewing the case and THEY found the info to search the R farm. The BCA, not Stearns county

The FBI is involved as well as Stearns County and the BCA.

We hear a lot about the R Farm. However, it always leads to nowhere. Time for them to change direction. Meanwhile, I wonder how many cases of pedophile related abductions/assaults have made it to prosecution? There's something to research!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500