MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to laugh about children identifying age. When I was in high school, we thought some teachers were old. Looking through my yearbooks, these teachers must have been in their late 20's.

I have a strong impression of who the perp. could be. If Jacob was taken away by the same perp. who attacked Jared, he would have been much older than DR in 1989. Jared described him as being from 40's to 50's age range.

In your view, could the Bahner Brothers / family have anything to do with this abduction? I'm not overly familiar with them at all, but have read bits and pieces here and there which indicate they may have been suspects at one time? One video on YouTube I saw noted their sister lived 7 minutes from DR's farm -- however, -- I've no idea how old the brothers would have been at the time, nor any idea of their general physical description, nor any descriptions of their respective voices. Thanks in advance -

I tried to find some pics of the Bahners online, but no luck. I'm not that good of a searcher, though.

Although the Statute of limitation has expired, I know of no reason that that DR's DNA could not have been compared to the DNA profile of the Cold Springs perp and that information MADE PUBLIC (does anyone know the Minn law(s) that would apply?)

Jared's description is clearly of someone older and heavier than DR. Yes, 12 year olds can mis-judge age but the overall description is of someone heavier. DR was a teacher at the only elementary school in Cold Springs. Was Jared a student there? I'm trying to see the "Big Picture" and I don't see DR fitting in with the Cold Springs crime. Does anyone have information to the contrary?

Although the Statute of limitation has expired, I know of no reason that that DR's DNA could not have been compared to the DNA profile of the Cold Springs perp and that information MADE PUBLIC (does anyone know the Minn law(s) that would apply?)

Jared's description is clearly of someone older and heavier than DR. Yes, 12 year olds can mis-judge age but the overall description is of someone heavier. DR was a teacher at the only elementary school in Cold Springs. Was Jared a student there? I'm trying to see the "Big Picture" and I don't see DR fitting in with the Cold Springs crime. Does anyone have information to the contrary?

I keep going back & forth on DR. I said I didn't think we had enough information to exclude him from the Cold Springs case. In all fairness, we don't have enough information to suspect him of being involved either.

I got stuck thinking about Jared & Jacob's cases being related. There are enough similarities it seems logical to look for a connection. It's hard for me to understand how or why LE got the search warrants and named DR a POI in Jacob's disappearance if they didn't have good reasons. Without any other information though ... I'm just back to going in circles.

Maybe I need to go back and read the threads from the beginning. I admit, I was hoping LE would find something with their searches of DR's home & property this past summer. It was due more to wanting the Wetterlings to finally have some answers than wanting to prove DR guilty of anything.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/30/us/small-town-is-shaken-by-a-child-s-abduction.html

I ran across this 1989 NY Times article, because I was researching the festivals and events going on at the time in the area where Jacob disappeared. Shergal posted some info. above about the annual festival right near the church. And, some of us want to know what the general atmopshere was like and what the news sources were reporting. The entire article is interesting. Here's one excerpt:

At a service at the Roman Catholic church, Mr. Wetterling appeared before the congregation and said he had four requests.

''The first three are prayers,'' he said. ''The fourth is action.''

But Mrs. Wetterling said she could not attend the church service. ''I cannot imagine a God who would allow this to happen,'' she said.

The radio stations where I live played "Listen" as well.

At one point in time, but I do not remember when, the Pope at the time had a special prayer session for Jacob as well. Neither Wetterling is Catholic.

Skoglund sign company ( bought up by Clear channel now) put up billboards of Jacob for free.

Manney's shopper, which had a huge distribution area, printed a full page picture of Jacob in their paper (the size of a regular newspaper page) for free.

Red Grammer came at one point and gave a free concert for Jacob.

There were prayer chains all over the state.

Minnesotans were so engaged in this all over.

Jacob changed so many lives and Patty and Jerry continue to advocate for missing and abused children.

The Jacob Wetterling Foundation is an amazing site with resources for families.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/30/us/small-town-is-shaken-by-a-child-s-abduction.html

At a service at the Roman Catholic church, Mr. Wetterling appeared before the congregation and said he had four requests.

''The first three are prayers,'' he said. ''The fourth is action.''

But Mrs. Wetterling said she could not attend the church service. ''I cannot imagine a God who would allow this to happen,'' she said.
RSBM

This is what keeps me coming back to this case. The Wetterling family somehow found a way to use this tragedy to do such good in a world where such evil can happen. I am in awe of Patty Wetterling.

Patty Wetterling has a mother's love and instinct and did not want to attend that church service. Something is being covered up in St. Joseph, IMO.

If DR or everyone linked to the farm turns out to be innocent, then part of me doubts we will ever know what happened to Jacob. If DR turns out to be innocent, then it seems were back to chasing this mysterious man in black that we have been chasing for 21 years. Where else would we go to? DR seems to be their last hope for and ending to this case. I myself just like the Wetterlings and everyone else wants a happy ending to this nightmare, but it seems to me that if the abductor or someone who knows the abductor hasn't talked in the last 21 years then I doubt they ever will. Sadly if Jacob is dead he could be anywhere, and if Jacob is alive possibly away from his abductor, I doubt he will come back on his own. The reason I say this is because I know if I was in his situation and endured no telling wha kind of pain and terror for most likely many years, I wouldn't want to come back home just because the media will be surrounding me and my name and face would be everywhere. These are just my opinions. Either way I hope Jacob comes home one day, hopefully alive. Anyone has any other opinions or ideas related to what I just said?? Sorry if I sound so doubtful, this case just really frustrates me sometimes:(

If anyone has been paying attention to the thread about Joshua Guimond, perhaps then they will understand that there were/are sex offenders in that community who are never labeled as such because they are protected. Essentially, they remain under the radar and outside of the law. Until and unless that avenue is investigated thoroughly, I agree with ThePhantom (Josh's thread), that there will be no hope of resolution. And that's JMO based on what I've read over the years in news reports, comments people have made to news reports, and BehindthePineCurtain.

Hi all, I'm back after a 5 day stay in the hospital for emergency gall bladder removal. Ugh. What I took from the article in today's paper was that Patty wants the focus back on Jacob. Not sure that's helped in 21 years personally, (JMO) but maybe she's tired of everyone focusing on DR instead of her son? I tend to agree with what both chef and concentric said above.

God bless Jacob wherever he is and bless the Wetterlings. Prayers to them today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname