MN - Jamar Clark, 24, shot by LE, Minneapolis, 15 Nov 2015

I want to know that and I want to know about the assault that happened before LE/EMT arrived on the scene. Has there been any news about the incident or the victim?

"Police spokesman John Elder said that police are withholding the identity of the woman and details about her condition because “it is tied into the officer incident.”"

http://www.startribune.com/officers...-shooting-by-police-of-jamar-clark/351383981/ (from same article as post above)

I want to know that and I want to know about the assault that happened before LE/EMT arrived on the scene. Has there been any news about the incident or the victim?

Agree for the most part on knowing about the assault as it may form part of what unfolded later. But if it does not, then can see that it should remain out of the public eye - for her sake and possibly others close to her.

Agree for the most part on knowing about the assault as it may form part of what unfolded later. But if it does not, then can see that it should remain out of the public eye - for her sake and possibly others close to her.

You're right keeping her out of the public eye is best for her. I don't want to know who she is as much as I want to know she's okay and getting help, but I also know that's my own personal issue and not something any of us need to know. However, imo, what the officers did is something we all need to know.

Forgive me - have been watching this link for a few minutes and see what appears to be live coverage but, not much to see. People congregating and chanting. ??

I know, right?

Here's what I've seen so far (keep in mind I am supposed to be working).

MPD Chief Harteau was AT the 4th Precinct. Apparently she had earlier, and the past couple days said that it was okay for the protesters to be there.

Police officers came out and pushed back the crowd.

If you check the BLM twitter feed there are a lot of photos/some videos. Now police are holding a line, wearing riot gear.

There is a livestream there, but I don't think I can post that, not MSM.

The fox 9 headline is meant to incite public feeling imo - 'Minneapolis police take back 4th precinct from JC protesters'. Can't see that Minneapolis police lost their 4th precinct.

Best wishes to all for a peaceful resolution - ignore what appears to be LE rhetoric. Classic case of look here - don't look over there. Jmo.

Yeah, it makes it sound like the protesters had entered the building and taken over.

I know, right?

MPD Chief Harteau was AT the 4th Precinct. Apparently she had earlier, and the past couple days said that it was okay for the protesters to be there.

If you check the BLM twitter feed there are a lot of photos/some videos. Now police are holding a line, wearing riot gear.

Thanks for mentioning twitter. I found a livestream there too.

Yeah, it makes it sound like the protesters had entered the building and taken over.

They were inside the vestibule and would not leave and were blocking/covering the cameras, also smoking MJ in there which is what KARE means by taking it back. They are having a PC now. Some within this crowd complained to LEO about talk of plans for violence and the public could not get into the police station. There has been gunfire, large rocks thrown and also bricks. jmo

I know, right?

LE seems to be gunning for a fight - look here don't look over there (there being the facts of the case). If it goes sideways anytime soon - LE will get what they are looking for. Jmo.

Good luck with that.

LE seems to be gunning for a fight - look here don't look over there (there being the facts of the case). If it goes sideways anytime soon - LE will get what they are looking for. Jmo.

Good luck with that.

I'm uneasy just watching it. I've seen this too many times and know how it ends. :(

They were inside the vestibule and would not leave and were blocking/covering the cameras, also smoking MJ in there which is what KARE means by taking it back. They are having a PC now. Some within this crowd complained to LEO about talk of plans for violence and the public could not get into the police station. There has been gunfire, large rocks thrown and also bricks. jmo

Trust there is a link for that? Have not seen one yet. Kindly enlighten us.

Here's a link describing the rock throwing, pot smoking, and take over of the front entrance and inner areas.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/11/18/police-storm-4th-precinct-remove-protesters/76005158/

Also notice that police officers were assaulted during the highway blockade and police cars vandalized. One of those perps was arrested today.

The scene was quiet until approximately 1:30 p.m., when a number of officers stormed in and created a human chain between members of Black Lives Matter and the fourth precinct building.

This happened outside the building.

<modsnip>

Both Chief Harteau and Inspector Friestleben commended officers for their poise and restraint, dealing with demonstrators who have at times been verbally abusive and physically violent, throwing rocks and bottles from the time the "occupation" began Sunday night. The chief says that protesters have become increasingly bold and comfortable as the demonstration went on, even smoking pot and sleeping in the entrance of the precinct.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/11/18/police-storm-4th-precinct-remove-protesters/76005158/

Lots more detail in the article-- the whole article.

From the above article -

Police Chief Janee Harteau arrived on the scene, and promptly told demonstrators that anyone not leaving of their own volition would be arrested. KARE 11 photojournalists captured images of demonstrators standing directly in front of police officers, chanting "We don't die, we multiply!" Other protesters were seen shouting and dancing in the street.

<modsnip>

Lt. Bob Kroll, President of the Minneapolis Police Federation, told KARE 11's Lou Raguse Wednesday afternoon that Jamar Clark was trying to disarm one of the officers during a physical altercation after squads responded to reports of a domestic assault.

Kroll says handcuffs were never put on Clark, and emphasizes that his officers, identified by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension as Mark Ringgenberg and Dustin Schwarze, have no disciplinary incidents on their records while Clark has a history of convictions, some of them violent.

Ringgenberg and Schwarze were interviewed and gave statements to the BCA Tuesday night, according to Kroll.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/11/18/names-of-officers-in-clark-shooting-released/75991472/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back