MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

sorry yes took me a while to visualise what I'm seeing here!! ok so essentially nick and Joshs room are opposite each other and you don't need to walk down any steps.... they really are next to each other on the top floor....but as soon as you go down those steps, you don't get to 104e and 104f but you get to more presumably 103e and 103f?

Also, I am noticing that Josh's room was South facing. That means it was one of these 2 circled in red. His room did not face the car park, it faced into the courtyard area where the other residences were.

1706782409573.png

Basically Josh's room was one of these wity the red arrows:
1706782575206.png

sorry yes took me a while to visualise what I'm seeing here!! ok so essentially nick and Joshs room are opposite each other and you don't need to walk down any steps.... they really are next to each other on the top floor....but as soon as you go down those steps, you don't get to 104e and 104f but you get to more presumably 103e and 103f?
Yes Josh and Nick's rooms were directly opposite eachother. But no, when you go down the stairs you remain in 105 all the way to the bottom. Hopefully this image will help:
1706784485385.png

Imagine Josh and everyone from Maur House 105 are B and Maur House 104 are A. The people in B only have access to the other B rooms. A only have access to the A rooms. Even though it's all the same building they are seperate. The best way I can describe it is like 2 seperate buildings that are entwined but remain seperate.

I do not know if the stairs were blocked in or open. If they are open as in the image below then theoretically it would be very easy for someone living in Maur House #104 to hop over into Maur #105 and vice versa:
1706784795680.png

I hope that all makes sense LOL

Yes Josh and Nick's rooms were directly opposite eachother. But no, when you go down the stairs you remain in 105 all the way to the bottom. Hopefully this image will help:
View attachment 479804

Imagine Josh and everyone from Maur House 105 are B and Maur House 104 are A. The people in B only have access to the other B rooms. A only have access to the A rooms. Even though it's all the same building they are seperate. The best way I can describe it is like 2 seperate buildings that are entwined but remain seperate.

I do not know if the stairs were blocked in or open. If they are open as in the image below then theoretically it would be very easy for someone living in Maur House #104 to hop over into Maur #105 and vice versa:
View attachment 479805

I hope that all makes sense LOL
great way of explaining.that was where I was heading with this....it would be beneficial toknow if that staircase was blocked off or you could hop over.id like to think it was blocked off. crazy design!!

great way of explaining.that was where I was heading with this....it would be beneficial toknow if that staircase was blocked off or you could hop over.id like to think it was blocked off. crazy design!!
My instinct would say they were blocked off and you couldn't just hop over as the plan appears to show internal walls in between the staircases:
1706789619968.png

random question...but does anyone have a subscription to minnesota news paper archives? i know darkjodo did collect a large amount but i want to be able to text-search all of the newspapers themselves in the years 1999-2002,not just articles
CONTENTdm this link is for csb/sju archives. Also, it has the archives of The Record, which is the csb/sju newspaper.

Yes there was. There was a former FBI profiler who joined saint johns. He did a profile, but a few pages ago I mentioned that I updated the profile. Here is the original from the FBI profiler:

I felt like the profile was way too specific. So I removed the abuse angle, and the older man angle. I replaced he with they, to allow the possibility of multiple people. Then, I read the profile again.

The FBI profiler’s original points to a monk. Without the abuse angle - and updated for “they” e.g multiple people, it actually points to Josh’s friends.

I read it 1000x over. And I felt like it was too specific and led you down the path of the monks - specifically Wollmering; I think this discounts other possibilities. I'm not a trained profiler, but I am very much aware of profiling and think it can be useful. According to some sources, profiling can be 60-80% accurate. Here it is with some very tiny changes, but it makes a big difference:

Those responsible for Joshua Guimond’s disappearance, if foul play is involved, would have the following personal characteristics: above average intelligence; socially competent, with good interpersonal skills; likely to be employed in a skilled occupation; a childhood history of inconsistent discipline; a reliable means of transportation, most likely a late-model car in good condition; and a precipitating situational stress prior to the victim’s disappearance. They would be very familiar with the college campus from which the victim disappeared; it would be part of their territory, their comfort zone. They likely would be familiar with the schedules of campus buses and security officers and would know whether the campus has surveillance cameras and where they are located.

The offenders would have conducted extensive pre-surveillance of campus activity around midnight on weekends, which suggests they easily blend in and do not arouse the suspicions of students or security officers when out and about late at night on campus. They would be comfortable in outdoor locations.

The offenders would be highly skilled in presenting the image of a loving and sincere individual and adept at charming others and gaining their confidence and trust. However, beneath this veneer of civility and trustworthiness, they would be selfish, cunning, manipulative, and driven by a need for power, domination, and control.

The decision maker of the group would be a fussy, meticulous, impeccably groomed individual preoccupied with details, lists, organization, and schedules. He would act kindly toward those who submit to his authority but cold, critical, or vindictive toward those who do not. He would have few if any genuine, reciprocal, give-and-take friendships.

After the victim’s disappearance, the offenders would have closely followed the investigation in the news media; likely increased their alcohol consumption, showed signs of stress, and/or experienced weight loss; and may have changed jobs or left the area until the dust settled enough for them to feel it was safe enough to return.

When they are finally apprehended, many will be shocked, asserting that this was the last person(s) accountable for the disappearance.
You updated the profile? That doesn’t make any sense.

I would love a profiler to take a new look and create one. Someone unrelated to the people in the case.
Immelman used a basic FBI template and altered it to create his own. I always felt it may have been biased towards Wollmering IMO which is what the original poster was trying to do I think, open it up without changing it. I found it very useful as I can see several other people, not monks, who it could relate to.

I would love a profiler to take a new look and create one. Someone unrelated to the people in the case.
Immelman used a basic FBI template and altered it to create his own. I always felt it may have been biased towards Wollmering IMO which is what the original poster was trying to do I think, open it up without changing it. I found it very useful as I can see several other people, not monks, who it could relate to.
immelman "claimed" it was a basic template. I call BS (personal opinion of course). no template is going to be that specific. he probably had to say it's a template or SJU would be unhappy to say the least

i think we all agree that wollmering fit the profile.but did wollmering have A) a motive or B) a reason to be involved - I want to distinguish between a motive and a reason to be involved in the disappearance.

Motive in this case = wollmering did it for a specific reason that we don't yet know

Reason to be involved = wollmering helped someone else to get away with the disappearance

this is a point i think needs exploring a bit more. why? because there's 2 aspects here. this disappearance may or may not have been carried out by 1 person alone.it could be multiple (2+) people

(My Theory ) "No Doubt" The band who josh was a fan of had a concert oct 9th 2002 in St.Paul Mn. Josh probably went & met someone there and they exchanged numbers, they probably discussed hanging out again at some point! Note: (This was around the same time Josh and Katie broke up.) On oct 28th 2002 after reporting someone on yahoo! Josh received a phone call probably, from the same individual who he met at the concert! who probably said, well how about the 9th I get off at midnight I'll pick you, up at 12:30 am I can meet you. That's probably, who he got in the car with at the bridge! also, he did make it back to the dorm nick checked his aol buddie icon list & he had been idle since 12am that night. Also, with Katie and Nicks time difference that can be explained through daylight savings, maybe the clock was not set as it should have been!

If Womerring or McDonald had anything do with it! I'd check swenson lake for josh's remains, it's however owned by st John's university. It's about an hour away! I personally think it's a possibility but unlikely thoe not impossible. It's near the cabin.

(My Theory ) "No Doubt" The band who josh was a fan of had a concert oct 9th 2002 in St.Paul Mn. Josh probably went & met someone there and they exchanged numbers, they probably discussed hanging out again at some point! Note: (This was around the same time Josh and Katie broke up.) On oct 28th 2002 after reporting someone on yahoo! Josh received a phone call probably, from the same individual who he met at the concert! who probably said, well how about the 9th I get off at midnight I'll pick you, up at 12:30 am I can meet you. That's probably, who he got in the car with at the bridge! also, he did make it back to the dorm nick checked his aol buddie icon list & he had been idle since 12am that night. Also, with Katie and Nicks time difference that can be explained through daylight savings, maybe the clock was not set as it should have been!
That's extremely interesting and I never heard that line of thought before, very intriguing. Was Josh definitely at the No Doubt concert?

I do believe that Josh made it back to his room that night, I feel certain of that.

I appreciate your theory but t's a bit of a stretch I think. 1) we don't know if josh went to the concert. If he did we don't know he met someone there. If josh met anyone they'd be more likely to swap email addresses, not numbers

The chances of a person from a concert, asking to meet at campus and josh never being heard from again, I just don't think the motive is strong enough. Plus we have no proof josh even went to that concert. If we had proof josh went to the concert I would be a little bit more intrigued

The daylight savings time is a good point to remember.but as we all know, computers automatically adjust during DST so time keeping on the computer is accurate

If Womerring or McDonald had anything do with it! I'd check swenson lake for josh's remains, it's however owned by st John's university. It's about an hour away! I personally think it's a possibility but unlikely thoe not impossible. It's near the cabin.
id say this is more likely than a no doubt concert goer. but why would a monk get involved that's what we need to think.

I have to say ,it does seem unlikely that over a month later they'd arrange their first "date" at midnight on campus and that Josh would spend the day drinking and hanging with friends rather than prepping for his date. And why even go to the Poker party if you knew you had a date that night. And why not mention it to anyone?

Hi @AlienDJ I just wondered, with your theory do you think Josh met a guy or a gal?

are you talking about Finian McDonald? what makes you think he might be involved? i havent saw his name crop up much. he died in 2017 so its unfortunate that if wollmering or mcdonald were involved in any way, they didnt get brought to justice in time

I am curious if it is possible to do a reverse image search on the profile pictures released by the SCSO. Is that possible for us to do or do you need the original image? If someone with more technical skills than me could attempt to answer this question I would appreciate it!

I am curious if it is possible to do a reverse image search on the profile pictures released by the SCSO. Is that possible for us to do or do you need the original image? If someone with more technical skills than me could attempt to answer this question I would appreciate it!
I did this (posted a few earlier in the thread), I cleared up the images and searched. There were a few journalists and lawyers, specifically who'd dealt with stories about abuses within the church who Josh had probably been researching. I couldn't identify a single one of the young men that looked like dating profile pics. Probably impossible since they'll have aged 20 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back