Found Deceased MN - Martise Windom, 38, Savage, 7 November 2015

You really think it's a hit and run scenario? You would think perhaps security cameras on target bldg would have caught that.
I'm sure they never checked them but will now. It has no lights back there and narrow. If he was walking in dark clothes, it was dark, the driver didn't expect to see a walker there and was speeding, and hit him on the right side of the road where he was walking to Holiday... he would fall straight down into the holding pond. I can envision it unfortunately.
They should also check other business security cams coming off that road....there is a church on the south side and numerous businesses on the north.
would a car injury show up on an autopsy after being in the water for 4 months? so many questions.

Re: car injury - I would hope so. Blunt force trauma should be able to be detected, forensics might be able to find paint or other evidence too. The cold freezing weather hopefully preserved some of the evidence (??)

Very sad to hear the news. RIP Martise.

[h=1]Body found in Savage is that of missing 39-year-old man[/h]http://www.startribune.com/body-found-in-savage-is-that-of-missing-39-year-old-man/371931411/
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner confirmed that the body recovered from a holding pond near a Target store on Hwy. 13 was that of Martise Windom. ...
Savage police and the state's Bureau of Criminal Apprehension are investigating. The medical examiner will release the cause of death.

It is official that it is him. Now the family and his friends have him back home. The WHY might never be known. I hope and pray there will be some answers for this 4 month mystery of this father of two.

Many more articles and MSM posts now that it is official

Local paper - Savage Pacer
http://www.swnewsmedia.com/savage_p...cle_9d22533e-1864-5660-89b3-c147d8e9b793.html
organized searches on a daily basis for nearly a month after the disappearance was reported, using helicopters, drones, horses, ATVs, boats and kayaks in hopes of finding some clue to help authorities locate Windom.
...The holding pond behind the Target in Savage is less than a mile from Windom's home. Savage Police Chief Rodney Seurer said the pond and the area around it had been searched three previous times — most recently on Feb. 20 with cadaver dogs.

wcco/cbs, kstp fox and kare 11 basically reported the standard statement.

IMO I'm glad they told the details of the holding pond....so strange.

Does anyone remember if we had snow when martise disappeared? Is it possible the pond was frozen over / covered w snow and martise attempted to cross (shortcut )? Seems doubtful on Nov 7, but maybe ...

Does anyone remember if we had snow when martise disappeared? Is it possible the pond was frozen over / covered w snow and martise attempted to cross (shortcut )? Seems doubtful on Nov 7, but maybe ...

Great question...thanks to el nino it was a nice fall and even reached 40-50 with no snow or ice yet and the news didn't break of his missing until Friday Nov 13th. That weekend was even warmer when they first searched.
I had to look up when it first snowed - Nov 26th. It was such a strange winter that skating rinks weren't open during holiday break.

If I get a chance this week, I'll take some pics of this holding pond. Hundreds of cars drive past it daily, Canadian Geese are on it and it is one dozen or more ponds I see daily. Now I'll never view it the same again.

I told my hubby...this is why since Nov., I tell you not to wear black when walking at night...drivers can't see and react in time (drivers aren't paying attention all the time either).

Yeah, I thought it was too early for snow. Plus I'm assuming since he lived nearby he would know it was a pond anyway....just trying to think of a plausible explanation for a tragic ending, unfortunately it may forever be a mystery.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/03/23/man-found-in-savage-pond-died-in-drowning/

"The medical examiner says Windom’s cause of death is an apparent drowning, but his manner of death is undetermined. His body was found four months after he was reported missing."

besides...manner of death statement...
The case remains under investigation.

IMO I guess that can be normal instead of an open and shut drowning case. I'm still thinking it's an accidental hit and run.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee
Back