MN MN - Michelle Meiser, 22, St. Paul, 11 March 1977

And I'm not sure if I remember where the car was found or not but I do remember the night that she left her and Ralph had been fighting over at her house and of course over at phyllis's house everyone is drunk and drinking because that's what they did now I Michelle head up friend and her name was Diane I can't remember what she did though when I remember I will tell you and Diane lived in the McDonough projects to she was older than Michelle and I there was also a man named Charlie and his wife she had blonde hair Charlie was a big man and they lived right across the street from Phyllis they had become our friends too

Thanks for posting Marybea.

Does anyone know how police was handling that investigation? Were they looking at her disappearance as endangered or assumed that she went somewhere voluntarily?

I went back to the UID link above and saw that she has been ruled out.

Found something interesting posted in the UID thread, though, by another member.

There is a possible serial killer (one homicide confirmed and he has claimed there is another victim) who is reported to have ties to St Paul. He was born in 1974 and the poster on the UID thread says they found an article claiming his mother was murdered when he was a toddler. I couldn't find that article myself but here is some general info on this guy.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...ite-supremacist-arrested-oregon-knife-slaying

Wonder if he is Michelle's son.
I believe it could be this article:

http://portlandtribune.com/lor/48-news/124805-murder-suspect-will-head-to-state-hospital

I tried to look at the local newspapers from '77 but I'm unable to find anything with some kind of regular local news where could be something connected to Michele's disappearance and other possible suspicious events later.

I'm still thinking about Michelle, but there is literally no additional info about her. Nothing. I tried to search local newspapers few months ago, also found nothing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Was looking yesterday on Doe and there was an update for
5UFAB - Unidentified Female.
This IUD and Michelle look identical. Timing is possible. Distance not so good, but the rest is within reason. Back in the 70's not much effort to get into Canada. Maybe no one has looked there. The IUD was the victim of a homicide.
If someone wants to put up the pics side by side that would b great. Not sure what is except able with Doe.

5UFAB.jpg
Original

Doe Network 5UFAB: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

These are the 2 photos, they look very similar.

@Marybea I'm not sure if you're still checking this thread, but I'm curious if you remember anything about the rings Michelle wore? I'm especially interested in her onyx ring. If you know the size of the stone, setting, etc? Or just anything about her jewelry in general.

Thanks!

@Marybea I'm not sure if you're still checking this thread, but I'm curious if you remember anything about the rings Michelle wore? I'm especially interested in her onyx ring. If you know the size of the stone, setting, etc? Or just anything about her jewelry in general.

Thanks!
I really don't know anything. I am sorry. Only what I can glean from the internet.

I really don't know anything. I am sorry. Only what I can glean from the internet.

Same here @ironsocks I was curious if the poster who used to know Michelle was still following this thread.

It's very slim chance, but there is a well known unidentified case, "Princess Blue" , who was found with several rings. Michelle shares some facial features, and her jewelry is interesting. I'm trying to learn more about Michelle's onyx ring, on the off off chance it might have been something else? If you look up Princess Blue, you will see she was found with a class ring, with a dark blue stone, and other rings.

Hope this helps!

Bumping up for Michelle as the last post was a year ago.
I live just north of St. Paul. I'm not far from the Minnesota Historical Society and have used their resources before while working on my family tree. I'm going to try and visit this coming week and see what I can dig up there on Michelle. If anyone has any ideas on what to research, please chime in! Unfortunately, due to the unrest we've had in the area where the Native American Center is located, I won't be able to visit there to get any lineage information at this time. But I'm hoping to at least dig up any possible court docs, news articles and past directory listing for her!

Bumping up for Michelle as the last post was a year ago.
I live just north of St. Paul. I'm not far from the Minnesota Historical Society and have used their resources before while working on my family tree. I'm going to try and visit this coming week and see what I can dig up there on Michelle. If anyone has any ideas on what to research, please chime in! Unfortunately, due to the unrest we've had in the area where the Native American Center is located, I won't be able to visit there to get any lineage information at this time. But I'm hoping to at least dig up any possible court docs, news articles and past directory listing for her!

Not American and know little on Native Americans. Just chiming in to say good luck with your search. It seems her name is definitely Michele with one “l” . Her husband also uses names:
Ralph Meiser

Ralph M Brault

Meiser R Brault
living in North Carolina

Not American and know little on Native Americans. Just chiming in to say good luck with your search. It seems her name is definitely Michele with one “l” . Her husband also uses names:
Ralph Meiser

Ralph M Brault

Meiser R Brault
living in North Carolina

Thank you for that information, I'll add it to my notes!

Michelle Gordon Meiser is my Aunt. My mom is Laurie Popa who is her sister. My mom gave a dna sample to the Mn BCA a number of years ago and there haven’t been any matches as far as I know. Let me know if I can provide any information. Michelle went missing many years before I was born but I have info on the family at least.

The last name Meiser in America is not as common as people may think. There are only a few Meiser families that have come to America since 1710 that I have found. My family being the first in 1710. My last name has changed slightly since then and many of my cousins have held on to the original spelling. I have been doing a lot of genealogical research and compiling information on all the various Meiser families and their descendants. I found this one most interesting recently as I just looked up the name of Erik John Meiser and suddenly became aware of his murder escapade that happened only a 20 minute jog from where I currently and have lived for the past 15 years. I went ahead and put together his entire family profile on familysearch.org. His profile however wont be visible as he is still currently alive and serving what will most likely be the rest of his life in Eastern Oregon Correctional Facility. That information can easily be found online. The Profile ID # to find Michele Elaine Meiser (nee Gordon) on FamilySearch.org is ( GNRJ-NBP ) I am assuming that Michele's husband Ralph John Meiser is still alive, so his profile is also not visible to the public, but his father Ralph James Meiser's profile on FamilySearch.org can be found at ID# ( GNRN-RGX ). There are still many living relatives, so all of their profiles that I created will be private. To me, it makes total sense that the 2 Michele/Michelles are the same person. Even though this Meiser family came to America about 178 years later than mine, I will continue to search for our connection. I will say that there are many of us in this country, but we are very well documented.

I've attached the petition for the determination of death from Minnesota Court Records Online. It states Michele's date of death is March 11, 1981 and dissolves her marriage to Ralph.

Attachments

• MCRO_62-PR-13-1010_Findings of Fact Conclusions of Law and Order_2014-01-22_20230624202853.pdf
    339.5 KB · Views: 5

• michelle_elaine_meiser_1.jpg
    michelle_elaine_meiser_2.jpg
Meiser, circa 1977
  • Missing Since 03/11/1977
  • Missing From St. Paul, Minnesota
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Native American
  • Date of Birth 06/14/1954 (69)
  • Age 22 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 120 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark green coat/sweater, a brown sweater, light beige pants, light brown wedge shoes, an engagement ring, an onyx ring and some turquoise rings. Carrying a large black purse.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Native American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Meiser is a member of the White Earth band of the Chippewa Indian tribe. She has a large bite scar on her left arm and another bite scar above her left breast.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back