Identified! MN - New Brighton, Long Lake Park, Wht/NtvFem 35-45, UP4808, dental work, Sep'00 - Gail Marlene Johnson

Here is a list of exclusions from Namus:

First/Last/State
Mary McMillan - Minnesota
Linda Anger - Minnesota
Dawn Mohn - Wisconsin
Victoria Owczynsky - Minnesota
Penny Lease - Illinois
Nhi Nguyen - Washington
Mindy Arnett - Mackinac
Christine Brock - Ohio
Deanna Joy - Minnesota
Belinda VanLith - Minnesota
Virginia Tobkin - Minnesota
Nancy Tharp - Minnesota
Vickie Sundgaard - Minnesota
Cynthia Schmidt - Minnesota
Amy Pagnac - Minnesota
Cindy Larson - Minnesota
Roseanna Forcum - Minnesota
Laurie Feiner - Minnesota
Tamara Bradley - Minnesota
Carla Anderson - Minnesota
Lauren Andersen - Minnesota
Denise Fraley - Iowa
Patricia Schmidt - Virgina
Amber Wilde - Wisconsin
Susan Swedell - Minnesota
Jodi Huisentruit - Iowa

I tried to be extra careful with typos, but I had to hand jam this list. Just a heads up.

Following this as of recent. Initially there was confusion about whether the unidentified was suggested to be Caucasian or Native. It appears that further clarification as of 2016 states unidentified is Caucasian with possible native heritage. Upon some searching, I found a match that I feel strongly about.

This missing person lived near Kalamazoo, MI Where there is a dense native population. The last location the missing person was seen was a major highway that connects to the regional park where the remains were found. The only thing that makes me weary, is that the remains were found mummified, and the time between last seen and found only gives us about a month for that process to take place.

I also noticed that the FBI facial reconstruction submitted to NamUs per 2015 doesn’t indicate an upper missing tooth on the left side. Thoughts?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Following this as of recent. Initially there was confusion about whether the unidentified was suggested to be Caucasian or Native. It appears that further clarification as of 2016 states unidentified is Caucasian with possible native heritage. Upon some searching, I found a match that I feel strongly about.

This missing person lived near Kalamazoo, MI Where there is a dense native population. The last location the missing person was seen was a major highway that connects to the regional park where the remains were found. The only thing that makes me weary, is that the remains were found mummified, and the time between last seen and found only gives us about a month for that process to take place.

I also noticed that the FBI facial reconstruction submitted to NamUs per 2015 doesn’t indicate an upper missing tooth on the left side. Thoughts?

Although I do see some resemblance, the MI missing woman has a missing tooth on the right side upper. Also, re. the mummification, as the MI woman was last seen August 30/2000, that would only give 2 weeks for that process if she was the UID.

Kimberly "Kim" Michelle Belcher is a loose fit for New Brighton Jane Doe. She has the approximate height and age. I wish we had a picture of her smiling since this JD's teeth are so unique.

The Doe Network: Kimberly Michelle Belcher - 3152DFMI

I know it was reported that 350 people have been compared against this JD. It's a bummer we don't have a more up to date list on Namus to work with.
I do see some similarities. Did you get any response yet?

Although I do see some resemblance, the MI missing woman has a missing tooth on the right side upper. Also, re. the mummification, as the MI woman was last seen August 30/2000, that would only give 2 weeks for that process if she was the UID.
My understanding is that dental records are read from the viewers perspective? Would then her right technically be our left? If I have that incorrect I appreciate that clarification! I wasn’t sure how quickly mummification can happen and one agency had reported her missing as of August 20th. But you are correct, I think even a month wouldn’t allow for enough time for mummification to occur.

My understanding is that dental records are read from the viewers perspective? Would then her right technically be our left? If I have that incorrect I appreciate that clarification! I wasn’t sure how quickly mummification can happen and one agency had reported her missing as of August 20th. But you are correct, I think even a month wouldn’t allow for enough time for mummification to occur.
Yes, I too was wondering about the left vs. right question! It looked like there could have been a 'hint' of a space on the left side of the face of the JD latter sketches, but not sure. If it is simply due to the left/right perspective, then yes, I would say it could be a match. I don't know about mummification lol, I'm just assuming two weeks is too short a time for that. Do you think you might submit this person as a possibility? I can't type much more at moment as I have a cast on my arm due to a wrist fracture. lol

Yes, I too was wondering about the left vs. right question! It looked like there could have been a 'hint' of a space on the left side of the face of the JD latter sketches, but not sure. If it is simply due to the left/right perspective, then yes, I would say it could be a match. I don't know about mummification lol, I'm just assuming two weeks is too short a time for that. Do you think you might submit this person as a possibility? I can't type much more at moment as I have a cast on my arm due to a wrist fracture. lol

Absolutely! Would you mind if I send you a message, I have a few amateur questions before submitting :)

OK, update is that I have sent an e-mail in regards to the MP to see if there can be comparison made to UID. Further, I noted that Native heritage and extensive dental work/missing tooth could be added to characteristics on NamUs profile. I wasn't feeling confident about "submitting" simply because I haven't done that before and admit that I need some advice on how to do so effectively.

Update on Jane Briley in comparison to UID from medical examiner. Thanks everyone and keep digging! I have hope we can identify this woman.

Attachments

• 5992A423-3843-440B-8AA3-63CC53E2D961.jpeg
    5992A423-3843-440B-8AA3-63CC53E2D961.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 18
Hi there HansNight! I'm glad you were able to submit that suggestion even though I wasn't able to help with that lol. Okay, so at least there is an answer and she will be put on exclusion list, wherever it is.

Update on Jane Briley in comparison to UID from medical examiner. Thanks everyone and keep digging! I have hope we can identify this woman.
I've submitted several potential matches for this Jane Doe without any response on the other end. Who did you reach out to so I can try to resubmit? Feel free to message me instead if you would like. Also looks like I needed to enable notifications on this thread since I missed out on all the action!

Hi there HansNight! I'm glad you were able to submit that suggestion even though I wasn't able to help with that lol. Okay, so at least there is an answer and she will be put on exclusion list, wherever it is.
It looks like Mrs. Briley was added to the exclusion list on namus :)

I've submitted several potential matches for this Jane Doe without any response on the other end. Who did you reach out to so I can try to resubmit? Feel free to message me instead if you would like. Also looks like I needed to enable notifications on this thread since I missed out on all the action!
I contacted the medical examiner who is assigned this case. The contact info for him is located on UID namus profile. If you click on the link tab at the bottom it will give you the contact info for Ramsey Co medical examiner. :)

It did take about 3 weeks for DNA to be processed. I know sometimes it can take quite a bit longer, especially if they are getting a lot of submissions. I apologize for being absent from this thread. I am glad that Briley was added as an elimination. I am bummed to see that no update were made to the UID namus profile regarding the missing tooth and native heritage. The difference between a Caucasoid skull and Native Skull would be considerably different and the fact that UID is listed as having Native heritage by other agencies and by my local police agency offers that we are missing pretty telling characteristics that could help us.

I also found it odd that the missing tooth is not listed as a characteristic of the UID on namus, but is also listed on other agencies. I’ll reach out to the medical examiner again, as well as my local PD to see if these changes can be made on namus, or at least clarified.

It did take about 3 weeks for DNA to be processed. I know sometimes it can take quite a bit longer, especially if they are getting a lot of submissions. I apologize for being absent from this thread. I am glad that Briley was added as an elimination. I am bummed to see that no update were made to the UID namus profile regarding the missing tooth and native heritage. The difference between a Caucasoid skull and Native Skull would be considerably different and the fact that UID is listed as having Native heritage by other agencies and by my local police agency offers that we are missing pretty telling characteristics that could help us.

I also found it odd that the missing tooth is not listed as a characteristic of the UID on namus, but is also listed on other agencies. I’ll reach out to the medical examiner again, as well as my local PD to see if these changes can be made on namus, or at least clarified.

Yea I assumed hearing back would take a bit but the potential matches I submitted were back in April..and that's a little longer than a few weeks lol.

I spent a really long time spinning my wheels on the native heritage. If you're able to get clarification on that, it would be great. Her NAMUS entry has been corrected a couple times, so nailing down some facts on this Jane Doe is helpful. Same with the tooth. That is such a prominent characteristic for a face, and would be great to have noted on her profile.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back