MN MN - Roseanna Marie Forcum, 15, & April Nicole Geyer, 21, St. Cloud, 12 Aug 1998

Have been talking with Roseanna's father. Law enforcement has largely disregarded him and his requests for information. It seems like LE has a lot of information but hasn't taken much of any action.

25 Years missing...

roseanna_marie_forcum_1.jpg
april_nicole_geyer_1.jpg

Roseanna Marie Forcum (left) age and April Nicole Geyer, age 21
Missing since 12 August 1998

Roseanna Forcum was last seen in St. Cloud Minnesota on August 14, 1998. She was accompanied by a friend, April Geyer, at the time. Neither of them have been heard from again.

There was little word on what may have happened to Geyer and Roseanna until an informant came forward after their disappearance. The individual told authorities the women attended a party in St. Cloud, Minnesota during the evening of August 14. Geyer and Roseanna may have attempted to hitchhike home after the party.

The man stated that his friend strangled both women shortly thereafter at his apartment in St. Paul, Minnesota. The informant claimed that he assisted their attacker with the women's burials. The individual also stated that Geyer and Roseanna were buried near farmland in Wadena County, Minnesota near the Leaf River.

A search of the area produced no evidence as to their whereabouts. Investigators do not know if the informant was providing accurate information and his story has never been confirmed.

Authorities initially believed that Geyer and Roseanna left their homes of their own accord, as they had a history of disappearing together for extended periods of time, and Roseanna's friends stated she had been planning to run away to California. Their loved ones said that both girls normally phoned their relatives shortly after each incident.

Roseanna completed a program for juvenile offenders shortly before disappearing in the summer of 1998; she had been assigned to the program due to truancy from school. Her family and Geyer's family believe the girls met with foul play.

LINKS:

The individual told authorities the women attended a party in St. Cloud, Minnesota during the evening of August 14….

The man stated that his friend strangled both women shortly thereafter at his apartment in St. Paul, Minnesota…. Geyer and Roseanna were buried near farmland in Wadena County, Minnesota near the Leaf River.

Unless there’s an error here, this seems so unlikely. St Paul is ~1.5 hr from St Cloud.

If this friend killed them in St Paul, it’s then 2.5 hours to Wadena/Leaf River. Is someone going to drive that far with two dead girls in their car, when there are many woods, water, or rural areas much closer?

I wonder if the friend’s apartment was actually in St Cloud, and this St Paul mention is a transcription error or the like.

Unless there’s an error here, this seems so unlikely. St Paul is ~1.5 hr from St Cloud.

If this friend killed them in St Paul, it’s then 2.5 hours to Wadena/Leaf River. Is someone going to drive that far with two dead girls in their car, when there are many woods, water, or rural areas much closer?

I wonder if the friend’s apartment was actually in St Cloud, and this St Paul mention is a transcription error or the like.
Hey there-

The girls had actually been reported to have been at a party in St Paul, and then it was reported that Roseanna was attempting to hitchhike back to Saint Cloud where she lived. St Paul PD was involved super briefly, and there were personal items found in Wadena following their disappearance.

Hey there-

The girls had actually been reported to have been at a party in St Paul, and then it was reported that Roseanna was attempting to hitchhike back to Saint Cloud where she lived. St Paul PD was involved super briefly, and there were personal items found in Wadena following their disappearance.
How do I find out the location in question? Are there any advanced methods to find a deceased person after so many years. April is a family member of a relative and I would like to volunteer to work on her case any way I can.

How do I find out the location in question? Are there any advanced methods to find a deceased person after so many years. April is a family member of a relative and I would like to volunteer to work on her case any way I can.
We really need clarifications from early reports at this point. There is so much wrong information out there

We really need clarifications from early reports at this point. There is so much wrong information out there

"Reports" in newspapers are often all we have in the public domain and knowledge. However, news stories can often get some of the facts turned around or misstated. The best source information is often found in the investigative file held by what ever agency has the case.

If you have a strong interest in a cold case, contact the law enforcement agency which has the case and ask to speak with the case officer. They will usually speak with you openly about the case and might even allow you to see the case file - or portions of it.

Yes, there are definitely methods of locating persons today which might not have been known or used in the past by the investigators. Each case is unique in what is known, but often could be similar to other cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back