Identified! MN - St Paul, Childs & Warner Rd, WhtFem 16-30, UP4804, in Miss River, chipped teeth, clothes Jul'77 - Mary Jensen

Here's an interesting possible (newly added to NamUs):

Michelle Elaine Meiser
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20954/0

dd9e8d14-76c6-4744-a5a7-91c312036074.jpg
2da57ae3-326b-4c05-8f1a-869161357c7b.jpg

* She's missing from St. Paul MN. The Jane Doe was found in St. Paul.
* Her height (5'8") matches spot-on.
* Her age (22) is solidly within the age estimate (16-30)
* Brown hair color matches UID description, although hair Length (UID's "medium" vs. Michelle's "Long") are a slight negative.
* Brown eye color matches the Jane Doe's "Brown or Green" description.
* The timeframe (11-Mar-77 to 20-Jul-77) is 4 months. There's no indication of postmortem interval. But the water in spring months in Minnesota may still have been cold enough to prevent significant decomp, or she may not have died on the Date LKA.
* The smiling photo is not clear enough to see if her #9 & #10 teeth are chipped. But they might be.

As for negatives:
* The clothing doesn't match.
* No mention of scars on arm or breast of Jane Doe, and no mention of abdominal striae (i.e., "Stretch marks") on Michelle.

Carl,

I was just on NamUs and I saw that Michelle Meiser was added. I then came on here and see you had beat me to the punch... I say turn her in as a possible match to this UID!

if his mother was murdered, you'd think they would have had a body but maybe I'm just being too literal.
Sometimes ppl are known to be dead, but their body has not been found so they still show up on the missing persons posters.
Could be they believe she is dead, and that is what her family represented to each other.

Sometimes ppl are known to be dead, but their body has not been found so they still show up on the missing persons posters.
Could be they believe she is dead, and that is what her family represented to each other.

There are quite a number of people in Doenet and other sites where the description indicates that somebody was murdered or believed murdered but the body was never found. Sometimes there was even a conviction.

Not sure if this is pertinent or not. I am from MN, and live right by the Mississippi River, so this is of interest to me.
Re; stretch marks or not.
It may be that Michelle was a mother. It is a creepy connection if true and I don't mean to be gossipy, so hope this is taken the right way.
In trying to find any info I might on Michelle locally, I happened upon an article about a murderer (now in State Hospital), named Erik John Meiser. He was born in 1974 and his mother was "murdered when he was a toddler". He grew up in MN, and has St. Paul MN connections for sure. So time and place are right.
Was Michelle Native American as Erik John Meiser is?

Yes, she was a member of the White Earth band of the Chippewa. She is listed on their website, as part of a list of members whose current addresses they are seeking.

I too stumbled across this possible match and then noticed it had already been suggested.

I think this is a very likely match, and I think the abdominal striae and the fetus are no coincidence.

It sounds like a botched abortion to me. I did see that Michelle was wearing an engagement ring which kind of fits with the abortion angle. Since it was referred to as 'fetus' as opposed to 'infant', I'm guessing it wasn't carried to term... and since it was found several days prior to the adult being found, it obviously was out of the womb.

The fetus was found in a park in St. Paul, there is no specific location listed for the adult female. Carl, did your contact happen to mention the location of this UID?

The Jane Doe was found between in the Mississippi River between Childs Road and Warner Road.

Childs Road and Warner Road - St. Paul Minnesota

Hrm... 9.2 miles apart..

I need to do some digging to see if I can find any more info on Michelle. I just discovered there were 2 Michelle E Meisers in the area at the time so I will start a new thread for Michelle.

Thanks for your help as always, Carl!

Carl, do you mind if I use your side by side pics of Michelle in a thread for her? I don't know how to do them...

or could you add it to my thread?

Thanks!

Carl, do you mind if I use your side by side pics of Michelle in a thread for her? I don't know how to do them...

or could you add it to my thread?

Thanks!

Done.

As far as Miss Moser-Iacavone, here's an article that outlines in a very general way the activities of the Warlocks (and to some extent, the Pagans), in that part of Pennsylvania.

I like the theory that this might be Michelle Meiser, and that the fetus found at around the same time indicates that the UID may have died from a botched abortion. Since the White Earth newsletter has requested her address, perhaps they could post a request for information concerning her circumstances prior to her disappearance. NamUs says she disappeared with rings: two or more turquoise, one onyx, and an engagement ring. None of those is listed as having been found with the UID, but presumably, unless she was wearing her mother's engagement ring or something like that, she was engaged at the time she went missing. If she was, it might be a good idea to question the former fiance, not that he necessarily had anything to do with her disappearance. It would be good to know, too, who eventually reported her missing, and when. Considering the dearth of extant records on this UID, it seems exhumation might be in order for DNA and a reconstruction.

It would be good to know something about what those rings looked like, too.

Completely unrelated, but in the same time frame, are the alleged (confessed) murders of Edward Surratt, the "Shotgun Killer" from Aliquippa, near Pittsburgh, on the other side of Pennsylvania, who is thought to be responsible for as many as 18 murders in 1977 and 1978 in PA and OH. His MO, though, was to attack couples, killing the male first, then raping and killing the female partner at leisure. He was apprehended in FL, and is imprisoned there, but began talking because he wants to be transferred to a South Carolina prison. It occurs to me that, given the MO, and his supposed connections to SC, he might be responsible for the 1976 murders of the UID Sumter County John and Jane Doe, prior to combining couples-killing with home invasion. He is said to have been a long-distance trucker. He has stated that a couple of his female victims' bodies are "unrecoverable by any standards," whatever that means, although it appears that one of his suspected victims was recovered and identified independently, his having been unaware of the fact and claiming that he had acquired 'psychic powers' that would permit him to reveal her location. I don't know whether anyone's suggested Surratt as the Sumter, SC killer here, but if you all think it's worthwhile, I'll cross-post in the latest of those threads.

Namus update - DNA changed from "none" to "submitted tests not complete."

Hoping an ID is coming soon!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've been working on Doe HotCases without pictures to see if I can find any matches on demographics alone. Here is an interesting possibility. Maybe a long-shot because of the distance, but nearly everything else falls right into place.

The Doe Network:
849UFMN http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/849ufmn.html
NamUs UP 4804 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4804

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on July 20, 1977 in St. Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 16-30 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 130 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium length, brown hair; green eyes. Multiple abdominal stria.
* Clothing: Green, red, blue vertically striped shirt with thinner lateral stripes; high waisted blue jeans; brown knee-high stockings; size 5 underwear. Approximate size 8 to 9 shoes.
* Dentals: Available. Multiple dental fillings, silver and gold. Chipped teeth.

Case History
The victim was located in the In mississippi River, between Childs and Warner Road in St. Paul, Minnesota on July 20, 1977.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Hennepin County ME
Roberta Geiselhart
612-215-6300

Could this be Cheryl Ann Moser-Iacovone?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/i/iacovone_cheryl.html

• Date of Last Contact: 12-Jul-77 - 8 Days before UID found.
  • Race: Caucasion - Match
  • Height: 5'8" - Match
  • Eyes: Green - Match
  • Hair Color: Listed as blonde, but based on photo, could be light brown - UID listed as Brown.
  • Hair Length: Medium - Match
  • Weight: 120 lbs - 10 lbs below estimate
The only problem is the distance. 1,150 miles. Since there is very little information about her disappearance, any scenario is possible, including being kidnapped by a trucker or a Christopher Wilder cross-country psycho type.

Also, the UID is listed as having chipped teeth, which aren't apparent in CAMI's photos.

Is this worth a shot?

If she was 5'8" tall and wore size 5 underwear then she must have been quite slim so I don't think 120# (or even less) would be off the mark at all.

If she was 5'8" tall and wore size 5 underwear then she must have been quite slim so I don't think 120# (or even less) would be off the mark at all.

And a note due to vanity sizing: A size 5 in the late 1970s was for a woman who had a 22.5" waist and hips that measured 32". That would be a size 0 to a size 00 today.

Notified today via email that DNA submitted tests COMPLETE

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

http://www.kare11.com/news/bca-to-families-of-missing-people-provide-a-dna-sample/455807575

( Sent from KARE 11 )

ST. PAUL, Minn. - The bodies of five people exhumed*last summer remain unidentified so the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is turning to families with missing loved ones for clues.*

In a news conference on Tuesday, BCA officials urged those with missing family members to come forward to give DNA samples, in the hopes they may find a match to these unidentified remains.*

More at above link - this UID is one of the 5 mentioned in the article.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My name is Mary Beatrice Dougherty I'm in St Petersburg Florida 736 14th Avenue South 33701 I do know that Michelle Gordon Miser is Eric John meiser mother we all live together and same Paul Minnesota where I had my son with Michelle's brother Roger Thomas Gordon my email address is Eileen moldenhauer at gmail.com and I would love to hear from someone I didn't know about Eric until just recently the murder and all

Any updates or confirmation of identification on the 5?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back