MO - 27-year-old woman found dead at home of August Busch IV

This 911 call begs more questions than it answers. Is this the shortest 911 call you've seen? Call, give address, say "don't know if she's breathing," hang up?

Where was she that they couldn't tell if she was breathing? It's dark, and they can't turn on a light? They have to go get one?

Also, the article said authorities believe it took 42 minutes to call 911 after the discovery of the body. The article doesn't say how authorities arrived to that conclusion, but if that is correct, why, in 42 minutes, people in that house couldn't check if she was breathing? Also, I find it strange that 911 operator didn't instruct them to perform CPR, etc, and didn't wait on the line until the 911 caller checked if the woman was breathing.

A long QT can be seen on even a simple 2 lead ekg, she could have had minor surgery and it might have been seen then. It sounds like she did not want to see a cardiolgist, some people just don't want to know bad news.

Don't want to know the bad news? How does that apply here? Her husband claims he diagnosed her, so she would have already known the bad news.

Don't want to know the bad news? How does that apply here? Her husband claims he diagnosed her, so she would have already known the bad news.

I believe Long QT is a genetic disorder. My 44 yo female cousin's cardio doctor requested that she have a genetic test for long QT, and if her test were to return with a positive result he recommened that the rest of the family have the genetic testing also.

The cardio doctor gave us an example of a family of 5 that he treated, and that 3 of the family members had died as a result of long QT. All 5 members tested positive for long QT.

My cousin went into cardiac arrest while she was stretching at the gym, and now has a cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD). Unfortunately she didn't follow through with the genetic testing.

I believe Long QT is a genetic disorder. My 44 yo female cousin's cardio doctor requested that she have a genetic test for long QT, and if her test were to return with a positive result he recommened that the rest of the family have the genetic testing also.

The cardio doctor gave us an example of a family of 5 that he treated, and that 3 of the family members had died as a result of long QT. All 5 members tested positive for long QT.

My cousin went into cardiac arrest while she was stretching at the gym, and now has a cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD). Unfortunately she didn't follow through with the genetic testing.
Her husband claims he diagnosed her by EKG, so genetic tests would be of importance if there were concerns about her children possibly inheriting it. Since she and her husband had a son, was the son genetically tested? So far what I am reading is that her husband claims he diagnosed her, but she did not see a cardiologist about it and did not tell others about her condition.
Is there a medical record to support her husband's claim that she had this condition?

This diagnosis of QT sure seems to be entirely too convenient. And wth's up with the 42 min delay?.....

This diagnosis of QT sure seems to be entirely too convenient. And wth's up with the 42 min delay?.....

There are also HIPAA laws under which a doctor isn't supposed to release patient's medical information. I don't think that just because she is dead HIPAA laws no longer apply. I am curious as to why her ex-husband released her medical information assuming of course she actually had long QT syndrome? Does HIPAA not apply because he used to be her husband?

Yes! The man calling 911, didn't sound panicked or even slightly upset. He sounded as calm as if he were ordering pizza. 42 minutes after finding her, they called 911, right?

So that means, they finder her in a dark room without any source of lighting. Don't bother to get a flashlight or anything, don't even try to see how she's doing. He couldn't tell the dispatcher anything about her condition. Like, not even to be able to answer the most basic question, "is she breathing?"

Red flags everywhere!

He hangs up with the dispatcher, to go find a light. Not to go try to help her, or give her first aid. What?! The man didn't sound like he had a life or death situation going on at all.

I believe it is because he already knew she was dead before he called.

Also- this really bothers me, too...
what room in that mansion doesn't have adequate lighting? To see if a person in the room is even alive you have to see if you can go find a light?

There are also HIPAA laws under which a doctor isn't supposed to release patient's medical information. I don't think that just because she is dead HIPAA laws no longer apply. I am curious as to why her ex-husband released her medical information assuming of course she actually had long QT syndrome? Does HIPAA not apply because he used to be her husband?

HIPAA only applies to covered entities, not family members. I am guessing that he was acting as her husband, not her doctor. I can tell you all about my husband's cold, his doctor's office cannot.

Covered entities are defined in the HIPAA rules as (1) health plans, (2) health care clearinghouses, and (3) health care providers who electronically transmit any health information in connection with transactions for which HHS has adopted standards. Generally, these transactions concern billing and payment for services or insurance coverage. For example, hospitals, academic medical centers, physicians, and other health care providers who electronically transmit claims transaction information directly or through an intermediary to a health plan are covered entities. Covered entities can be institutions, organizations, or persons.

HIPAA only applies to covered entities, not family members. I am guessing that he was acting as her husband, not her doctor. I can tell you all about my husband's cold, his doctor's office cannot.

If he is the one who administered EKG, didn't he act as her doctor? I wonder where he administer that EKG? At work? Does he keep an EKG machine in his home?

If he is the one who administered EKG, didn't he act as her doctor? I wonder where he administer that EKG? At work? Does he keep an EKG machine in his home?

Usually doctors don't act as primary physicians for their family members. It's not a good idea because it's hard to not be emotional. Doctors may treat, or have test done for their families, but then have another doctor as the primary.

If he was her only doctor, this might be a good reason for the case against having spouses and close family members as patients.

ETA - oh, and I found out that HIPAA still applies after a patient's death

http://www.worldprivacyforum.org/hipaa/HipaaGuide7.html

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-busch-mansion-loaded-gun-report-123010,0,1167156.story

Woman's Death The Second Time Police Responded To Busch Mansion In 2010

Fox 2's Chris Hayes has been following the story and revealed a new discovery. Hayes requested any other police reports involving Busch IV and his home. Thursday, December 30, he received a Frontenac Police report from February 21, 2010. A police officer on "secondary patrol" found a .380 semi automatic, with a hollow point bullet in the chamber. That combination of gun and hollow point is usually used for self defense. According to the report, the gun was "lying next to several ATVs" and was "uncovered from several inches of snow that melted away." Police returned the gun to August Busch IV's property manager, Mike Jung, who is the same man who made the 911 call 10 months later, when Jung discovered Adrienne Martin dead.

Busch girlfriend's mother doesn't blame him for death, she says

Adrienne Martin's mother says that she doesn't blame August Busch IV for her daughter's death and that she knew the two loved each other.

Christine Trampler, in a telephone interview Tuesday, said her daughter, 27, suffered from insomnia throughout much of her life and had been taking Trazodone, a drug prescribed by a doctor. Busch, the former chief executive of Anheuser-Busch, had speculated in a prior interview whether the medication had something to do with the death Dec. 19 of Martin, his girlfriend, in his Huntleigh home.

"After she died I found out her doctor had recently increased the dosage," said Trampler, of Springfield, Mo. "I don't think it was a good idea. She's so tiny."
---
Trampler added, "There's a situation that caused her not to sleep," but wouldn't elaborate. She did say, however, that it had nothing to do with Busch.
---
Trampler said she initially had reservations when her daughter and Busch, who met through a mutual friend, started dating.

"I heard his reputation and wasn't thrilled," she said. "I know he has a lot of money, I know his last name. But they're just normal people."

the rest at
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_8eaa7e69-6fc2-5b32-8480-d01a1da34fdd.html

Trazodone:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000530

An accidental overdose of trazadone seems a bit difficult to believe.

On Jane Valez Mitchell tonight . . . apparently, Fourth talked with Deb Peterson, StL reporter, about his "long-time girlfriend" (who was recently divorced) and how distraught he is.

Busch girlfriend's mother doesn't blame him for death, she says

Adrienne Martin's mother says that she doesn't blame August Busch IV for her daughter's death and that she knew the two loved each other.

Christine Trampler, in a telephone interview Tuesday, said her daughter, 27, suffered from insomnia throughout much of her life and had been taking Trazodone, a drug prescribed by a doctor. Busch, the former chief executive of Anheuser-Busch, had speculated in a prior interview whether the medication had something to do with the death Dec. 19 of Martin, his girlfriend, in his Huntleigh home.

"After she died I found out her doctor had recently increased the dosage," said Trampler, of Springfield, Mo. "I don't think it was a good idea. She's so tiny."
---
Trampler added, "There's a situation that caused her not to sleep," but wouldn't elaborate. She did say, however, that it had nothing to do with Busch.
---
Trampler said she initially had reservations when her daughter and Busch, who met through a mutual friend, started dating.

"I heard his reputation and wasn't thrilled," she said. "I know he has a lot of money, I know his last name. But they're just normal people."

the rest at
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_8eaa7e69-6fc2-5b32-8480-d01a1da34fdd.html

Trazodone:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000530

An accidental overdose of trazadone seems a bit difficult to believe.

Yeah, Trazadone is an antidepressant, not a sleeping pill. An increased dose doesn't seem likely for an overdose.

ETA -
When trazodone is used as a treatment for depression, it is usually taken
up to three times per day.
However, when used for insomnia, it is taken only once before bedtime. Also, trazodone dosing for insomnia is lower than the dosage for depression.

http://depression.emedtv.com/trazodone/trazodone-and-insomnia.html

Although, I did find this:

Trazodone should not be used right after a heart attack. Also, there is some evidence that the drug can cause irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias) in people with heart disease.

http://depression.emedtv.com/trazodone/precautions-and-warnings-with-trazodone.html

I looked up Trazodone last night after the news also, because I do suffer from insomnia due to thyroid issues and take Lunesta. I had never heard of Trazodone. Of course, remember this is coming from Google/Wikipedia University and could be flawed, but an off label use can be for insomnia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trazodone

I've taken trazodone as a sleep aid before; it works, plus, it's a generic, so it's easy on the wallet.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_048e22b8-2fdb-11e0-b077-00127992bc8b.html

Report expected next week on woman found dead at Busch mansion

4d22a4deb60e0.preview-300.jpg

The final report on how a 27 year-old woman died at the mansion of August Busch IV is expected next week, according to the St. Louis County Medical Examiner's office.

Toxicology tests of Adrienne Martin were completed several weeks ago, according to Dr. Mary Case, the medical examiner. But, the toxicology is just one piece of the death investigation, which involves microscopic tissue analysis, among other things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99
Back